Forums » The Lounge

The Riddles of Humility

• 627 posts
    July 17, 2017 9:22 AM EDT

Tenebrous said:

I'm not even mad, that profile pic is amazing. As for my guess... A Necromancer with Lich aspirations?

Nope and since i just gave you an image I can't be bothered to get you another.

• 39 posts
    July 17, 2017 10:06 AM EDT

Golden Fool said:

If I understand how this works correctly then here is you're new profile pic:

Now as for the riddle... hmm...

I am obsessed with what lies within,

for sometimes I can hear them talking,

they call to me from the other side,

it is only the flesh that prevents me from passing.

I guess that will do, now if someone hasn't guessed it within the next 10ish minutes then I'll be going to sleep and you'll have to wait until I wake up :P

Sheogorath!

• 585 posts
    July 17, 2017 3:33 PM EDT

Paws said:

Zon, I think we're going to have to get metaphoric.It might not mean a literal dragon. If we think of our cousins, the Welsh, they have this Uther Pendragon thing going where Arthur is like the son of a dragon. Even though he ain't, it's like Richard the Lionheart. Associated with. But I can't think of anyone who isn't a dragonborn having that title.

I've gone through my memory crypt and can't think of anything else except...

I am maker of ancient, unbreakable Laws,

master of prosiac, and often cruel Jaws.

I am the son of a mighty, powerful Dragon,

So I hopped on the great God bandwagon.

He's capitalised these words, which could mean Alduin if that hasn't already been said. But it's the "prosaic" bit that's throwing me which is why I keep throwing ascended mortals at him. 

Damn, just as we were about to get all metaphoric it got solved! That was good thinking though Paws, and now I know what clues to look for for your next one...

Ok Gold, imma pay homage to Rogue's riddles and go with Ulfric. He's obsessed with whats in the borders of Skyrim, I guess he's got spies to hear the people and the Empire speak (or it could just be concerned citizens, he is a Jarl after all), they call to me from the other side could be Sovngarde or the taunting of the Imperials, and only the flesh could represent his duty to his people and the war. Yeah, this is a long shot, but I'm determined that some time soon its going to be a metaphor!

This post was edited by Zonnonn at July 17, 2017 3:37 PM EDT
    • 627 posts
    July 17, 2017 6:46 PM EDT

Blacklight said:

Sheogorath!

Nope.

Zonnonn said:

Damn, just as we were about to get all metaphoric it got solved! That was good thinking though Paws, and now I know what clues to look for for your next one...

Ok Gold, imma pay homage to Rogue's riddles and go with Ulfric. He's obsessed with whats in the borders of Skyrim, I guess he's got spies to hear the people and the Empire speak (or it could just be concerned citizens, he is a Jarl after all), they call to me from the other side could be Sovngarde or the taunting of the Imperials, and only the flesh could represent his duty to his people and the war. Yeah, this is a long shot, but I'm determined that some time soon its going to be a metaphor!

You know, I respect that determination. Doesn't mean you're right though.

• 1595 posts
    July 18, 2017 12:54 AM EDT

it is only the flesh that prevents me from passing

The Amulet of Kings?

• 627 posts
    July 18, 2017 1:09 AM EDT

Paws said:

The Amulet of Kings?

Oh not even close :P

And now you get to be everyone's favourite Oblivion Character... Lucien Lachance

• 1595 posts
    July 18, 2017 1:20 AM EDT

Oh, my favourite :D

• 585 posts
    July 18, 2017 3:19 AM EDT

Golden Fool said:

You know, I respect that determination. Doesn't mean you're right though.

I think I'm alright with this. That is one majestic goat right there.

• 627 posts
    July 18, 2017 3:45 AM EDT

Zonnonn said:

I think I'm alright with this. That is one majestic goat right there.

Ah yes Wondergoat is quite majestic isn't he :P Honestly it was a toss up between that image and one of a glitched tree I saw in Oblivion once.

• 284 posts
    July 18, 2017 4:02 AM EDT

Good thing that there is no more Stormcloak profile pictures around here. :P

• 627 posts
    July 18, 2017 4:05 AM EDT

I picked Paw's based on his love of the Dark Brotherhood, so if you want and you get it wrong I could always find you a Stormcloak one :P

• 284 posts
    July 18, 2017 4:07 AM EDT

I happilly decided to back away from this after I saw the Stormcloak horror it can produce. :D

And I love my current picture. It's quite foxy. :P

• 585 posts
    July 18, 2017 9:46 AM EDT

Ooh ooh! Is it the Old Orc? Only the flesh keeps him from passing as he hasn't found anyone who can beat him, he can hear the alling of his ancestors/Malacath to die an honourable death, and getting there is his obsession.

• 627 posts
    July 18, 2017 5:47 PM EDT

Unfortunately it is not the Old Orc.

• 585 posts
    July 18, 2017 6:06 PM EDT

Golden Fool said:

Unfortunately it is not the Old Orc.

Damn, I was feeling good about that one. Hmmm...

• 87 posts
    July 18, 2017 6:29 PM EDT

Manimarco, the King of Worms

• 627 posts
    July 18, 2017 6:33 PM EDT

Ben W said:

Manimarco, the King of Worms

Nope and here's your image which I hope you enjoy :D

• 87 posts
    July 18, 2017 6:38 PM EDT

That's not creepy, nightmare enducing at all XP

• 1595 posts
    July 18, 2017 7:43 PM EDT

Are you Jayred Ice-Veins?

Like, "I'm obsessed with what lies within" - in this case, bones.

"For sometimes I can hear them talking" - He talks about hearing the bones talk.

"They call to me from the other side" - outside Passwall

"It is only flesh that prevents me from passing" That dirty great flesh golem stands in his way.

This post was edited by Paws at July 18, 2017 7:43 PM EDT
    • 627 posts
    July 18, 2017 7:58 PM EDT

Damnit... Now let me guess, Revenge?

• 1595 posts
    July 18, 2017 8:22 PM EDT

Golden Fool said:

Damnit... Now let me guess, Revenge?

You have a mind like a maze, Golds. Don't worry, though, my revenge is really rather tame:

• 627 posts
    July 18, 2017 8:40 PM EDT

The part of me that is Fir shed a single tear, while the rest of me was laughing. I love it, I really do.

• 1595 posts
    July 18, 2017 8:46 PM EDT

:D Glad to hear that!

Ok, so for my riddle... well I realise I'm pretty bad at actually posing riddles and enjoy trying to solve them more than making them. So if Zonnonn's willing, and there are no strong objections, I'd like to relinquish my turn to him as he hasn't had one yet and has been in it for ages now. It'll only be about 6 hours from now when he's likely to be active so it's not a huge wait.

• 585 posts
    July 19, 2017 9:50 AM EDT

Paws said:

:D Glad to hear that!

Ok, so for my riddle... well I realise I'm pretty bad at actually posing riddles and enjoy trying to solve them more than making them. So if Zonnonn's willing, and there are no strong objections, I'd like to relinquish my turn to him as he hasn't had one yet and has been in it for ages now. It'll only be about 6 hours from now when he's likely to be active so it's not a huge wait.

Nah don't worry Phil I'm fine waiting, I'm determined to earn this dammit! Thanks for the shout though, I'll start thinking now so I'll be ready if/when I get it.

• 1595 posts
    July 19, 2017 12:22 PM EDT

Zonnonn said:

Nah don't worry Phil I'm fine waiting, I'm determined to earn this dammit! Thanks for the shout though, I'll start thinking now so I'll be ready if/when I get it.

Balls. Now I need to think of a riddle. Ughmmm...

I come from the isles numbered ten hundreds

Once enemies, now friends with tigers

Attacked yearly by icey invaders

Though simple, our courage never wavers.

What am I?