Forums » The Lounge

The Riddles of Humility

• 1595 posts
    July 15, 2017 1:27 PM EDT

Tenebrous said:

Now for my riddle!

I am maker of ancient, unbreakable Laws,

master of prosiac, and often cruel Jaws.

I am the son of a mighty, powerful Dragon,

So I hopped on the great God bandwagon.

Are you Martin Septim? He made the ancient Covenant work again, by doing so closed shut the cruel Jaws of Oblivion, he was Dragonborn son of a Dragonborn, and turned into an avatar of Akatosh.

This post was edited by Paws at July 15, 2017 1:28 PM EDT
    • 224 posts
    July 15, 2017 3:17 PM EDT

Tenebrous said:

Now for my riddle!

master of prosaic, and often cruel Jaws.

Is it something ESO related?

• 261 posts
    July 15, 2017 4:25 PM EDT

You are wrong once again, Paws. Sorry! As for the answer being ESO related... Define 'related'. :D

• 224 posts
    July 15, 2017 8:22 PM EDT

Tenebrous said:

You are wrong once again, Paws. Sorry! As for the answer being ESO related... Define 'related'. :D

That is my guess, something ESO related as in something you will only know if you have played ESO.

• 261 posts
    July 15, 2017 8:55 PM EDT

Nameless King said:

Tenebrous said:

That is my guess, something ESO related as in something you will only know if you have played ESO.

OK, normally I'd say that's waaaaay too vague to be a proper answer, and it is really, but I'll let it slide just this once.

Doesn't mean you're right, though! :D

• 224 posts
    July 15, 2017 9:11 PM EDT

Tenebrous said:

Nameless King said:

Tenebrous said:

OK, normally I'd say that's waaaaay too vague to be a proper answer, and it is really, but I'll let it slide just this once.

Doesn't mean you're right, though! :D

Last two answers were ESO related and I know jack nothing of ESO. Also, I threw my guest away on purpose because my two guesses were already guessed, so I had and still have no clue what it is.

This post was edited by David at July 15, 2017 9:14 PM EDT
    • 1595 posts
    July 16, 2017 2:03 AM EDT

Are you Reman? He was supposedly born of Alessia and it doesn't get more mighty and powerful dragon than her, plus he started the ritual of lighting the Dragonfires. Later he became a hero-god in sort of a Fisher King way. 

• 261 posts
    July 16, 2017 11:47 AM EDT

Paws said:

Are you Reman? He was supposedly born of Alessia and it doesn't get more mighty and powerful dragon than her, plus he started the ritual of lighting the Dragonfires. Later he became a hero-god in sort of a Fisher King way. 

Nope!

• 1595 posts
    July 16, 2017 12:22 PM EDT

If I sounded like Zon I'd be Unlucky Alf from the Fast Show:

• 585 posts
    July 16, 2017 12:23 PM EDT

Martin Septim? Son (although illegitimate) of an emperor, the symbol of said empire is the Dragon. He 'hopped on' to the bloodline of Emperors, in that it was a surprise to him, and thats a pretty golden lineage if you ask me... Thats all I got. This is tough!

• 585 posts
    July 16, 2017 12:27 PM EDT

Paws said:

If I sounded like Zon I'd be Unlucky Alf from the Fast Show:

Its scary how realistic that is... I know so many people just like that. My accent is no where near that good though, he's Yorkshire through and through!

• 261 posts
    July 16, 2017 12:32 PM EDT

Zonnonn said:

Martin Septim? Son (although illegitimate) of an emperor, the symbol of said empire is the Dragon. He 'hopped on' to the bloodline of Emperors, in that it was a surprise to him, and thats a pretty golden lineage if you ask me... Thats all I got. This is tough!

Wrong again, I'm afraid!

• 1595 posts
    July 16, 2017 12:52 PM EDT

Zonnonn said:

Its scary how realistic that is... I know so many people just like that. My accent is no where near that good though, he's Yorkshire through and through!

I'm gutted! I thought you sounded exactly like prof Brian Cox!

• 585 posts
    July 16, 2017 1:19 PM EDT

Paws said:

I'm gutted! I thought you sounded exactly like prof Brian Cox!

Not as gutted as me! I'm surrounded every day by the undisputed best accent in the world, and yet I stick out like a sore thumb with my 'no's and 'the's. Damn my parents being from somewhere else than Britain's biggest and best county.

• 1595 posts
    July 17, 2017 2:26 AM EDT

Zonnonn said:

Not as gutted as me! I'm surrounded every day by the undisputed best accent in the world, and yet I stick out like a sore thumb with my 'no's and 'the's. Damn my parents being from somewhere else than Britain's biggest and best county.

Ha! I knew you weren't pure Nord! Respect, then. Not 100% heathen :D

Tenebrous said:

Now for my riddle!

I really want to get rid of this vehking avatar. Are you Auriel?

• 261 posts
    July 17, 2017 4:59 AM EDT

Paws said:

Tenebrous said:

Now for my riddle!

I really want to get rid of this vehking avatar. Are you Auriel?

You are incorrect, good sir! Note that, as of this writing, about 14 hours remain. Will I emerge victorious? Or will someone again dethrone me?

• 585 posts
    July 17, 2017 5:38 AM EDT

Paws said:

Whoa whoa whoa, lets not jump to any accusations. Being northern is just about where you're from, its where you belong. And the cold wind, sexy accents and big bearded blokes is where I belong... wait...

Ok Ten, my turn again. Are you Peryrite? The whole dragon thing is basically the only foundation I have, but I guess disease and pestilence are kinda unbreakable laws in that they aren't really governed by any.

This post was edited by Zonnonn at July 17, 2017 5:40 AM EDT
    • 261 posts
    July 17, 2017 5:44 AM EDT
    @Zonnonn N O P E
    • 1595 posts
    July 17, 2017 7:03 AM EDT

Zonnonn said:

Paws said:

Whoa whoa whoa, lets not jump to any accusations. Being northern is just about where you're from, its where you belong. And the cold wind, sexy accents and big bearded blokes is where I belong... wait...

Ok Ten, my turn again. Are you Peryrite? The whole dragon thing is basically the only foundation I have, but I guess disease and pestilence are kinda unbreakable laws in that they aren't really governed by any.

Zon, I think we're going to have to get metaphoric.It might not mean a literal dragon. If we think of our cousins, the Welsh, they have this Uther Pendragon thing going where Arthur is like the son of a dragon. Even though he ain't, it's like Richard the Lionheart. Associated with. But I can't think of anyone who isn't a dragonborn having that title.

I've gone through my memory crypt and can't think of anything else except...

He's capitalised these words, which could mean Alduin if that hasn't already been said. But it's the "prosaic" bit that's throwing me which is why I keep throwing ascended mortals at him. 

• 224 posts
    July 17, 2017 8:23 AM EDT

Is it Akatosh?

• 627 posts
    July 17, 2017 8:48 AM EDT

Is it Arkay?

• 261 posts
    July 17, 2017 8:51 AM EDT
    Drat! Foiled again! Golden Fool guessed correctly. Ah well, it was a good run.
    • 1595 posts
    July 17, 2017 8:53 AM EDT

You little genius!

Ok, brace yourselves for the onslaught of mentalism... :P

This post was edited by Paws at July 17, 2017 8:59 AM EDT
    • 627 posts
    July 17, 2017 9:14 AM EDT

If I understand how this works correctly then here is you're new profile pic:

Now as for the riddle... hmm...

I am obsessed with what lies within,

for sometimes I can hear them talking,

they call to me from the other side,

it is only the flesh that prevents me from passing.

I guess that will do, now if someone hasn't guessed it within the next 10ish minutes then I'll be going to sleep and you'll have to wait until I wake up :P

This post was edited by Golden Fool at July 17, 2017 9:14 AM EDT
    • 261 posts
    July 17, 2017 9:20 AM EDT

Golden Fool said:

If I understand how this works correctly then here is you're new profile pic:

Now as for the riddle... hmm...

I am obsessed with what lies within,

for sometimes I can hear them talking,

they call to me from the other side,

it is only the flesh that prevents me from passing.

I guess that will do, now if someone hasn't guessed it within the next 10ish minutes then I'll be going to sleep and you'll have to wait until I wake up :P

I'm not even mad, that profile pic is amazing. As for my guess... A Necromancer with Lich aspirations?