Forums » Elder Scrolls

In the future

• 284 posts
    May 30, 2017 4:06 AM EDT

So, recently I've been thinking about my future, like 40 years in the future. And for a moment I thought about my grandchildren coming to me before bed time, to tell them a story. And all I could think of was:

"Very well. Our story starts a long time, in a distand land called Skyrim..."

So, can you imagine yourself like this?

• 104 posts
    May 30, 2017 6:47 AM EDT

I am already at that stage mate, I have 6 grandchildren, yes they ask for stories but I think Skyrim and the events within would be totally alien to them they want to hear about spongebob and teenage turtles, however in 40 years ill be gone so you cherish every moment you can while it lasts my friend

• 64 posts
    May 30, 2017 1:02 PM EDT

Im a 20 year old bartender and student... grandchildren and shit are faaaar from my mind at the moment, I need to go surfind in Australia, bungie jumping in New Zeland, hunting girls in Barzil and drink pints in Ireland before I even think about that stuff xD  

• 224 posts
    May 30, 2017 1:11 PM EDT

Nah, mainly because I don't want any children at all so, therefore, I will have no grandchildren at all. If my niece or nephew were into Skyrim or even D&D I would tell them about my adventures.

• 284 posts
    May 30, 2017 5:18 PM EDT

BlueDremora said:

Im a 20 year old bartender and student... grandchildren and shit are faaaar from my mind at the moment, I need to go surfind in Australia, bungie jumping in New Zeland, hunting girls in Barzil and drink pints in Ireland before I even think about that stuff xD  

I get you man. I'm a 19 year old waiter. And kids are far of in my mind. Also, I'd rather get wasted in Munchen during Octoberfest. Also, if you're into bungie jumping, you should come to Croatia. We've got some amazing locations here.

• 585 posts
    May 31, 2017 2:56 AM EDT

Didn't realise there were so many people that close in age to me here. I'm 17 (ha I'm the youngest :P ) and I'm not sure I'm capable of thinking 40 years ahead. But it would be cool to share stories of Skyrim with grandkids and stuff, they're probably the only people that'll listen to an old geezer ramble on about a decades old game anyway.

• 1467 posts
    May 31, 2017 3:38 AM EDT

Gee, at the moment I can't even imagine what I'd be like at the age of 59, probably a grouch or a total dick (or both :P). I'm much more likely to give the grandchildren a book to read so I can get to sleep easier :D

• 64 posts
    May 31, 2017 6:58 AM EDT

Zonnonn said:

Didn't realise there were so many people that close in age to me here. I'm 17 (ha I'm the youngest :P ) and I'm not sure I'm capable of thinking 40 years ahead. But it would be cool to share stories of Skyrim with grandkids and stuff, they're probably the only people that'll listen to an old geezer ramble on about a decades old game anyway.

I live my life by an hour-to-hour basis man, thinking about dinner at breakfast is a headache :P

• 215 posts
    June 1, 2017 10:10 AM EDT

Ah, young pups.  The good news is your brain never ages so you'll be eternally 18-21 in your thoughts.  It's the body that starts to fail you.  Like Bonelord I'm likely gone in 40 years.  Still looking ahead to grandkids though (late start as a dad).  I'm not sure Skyrim stories and best suited to the kiddos.  I mean many of you are still young enough to remember storytime (lol).  Would you have been open to your dad telling you tales of Nirn?  I probably would have looked at my dad as if a troll had taken him over. 

• 39 posts
    June 19, 2017 11:30 PM EDT

Ragin Cajun said:

Ah, young pups.  The good news is your brain never ages so you'll be eternally 18-21 in your thoughts.  It's the body that starts to fail you.  Like Bonelord I'm likely gone in 40 years.  Still looking ahead to grandkids though (late start as a dad).  I'm not sure Skyrim stories and best suited to the kiddos.  I mean many of you are still young enough to remember storytime (lol).  Would you have been open to your dad telling you tales of Nirn?  I probably would have looked at my dad as if a troll had taken him over. 

Heck yeah I would've loved a story time placed in a world like Skyrim. I've always been a fantasy nerd and dragons have always made or broken fantasy for me. Skyrim's Wyverns would've sent me into a rant about the differences between dragons and wyverns but...that's not the point. Lol. Of course, my parents stopped storytime at like 6 so I don't really remember it. After 6, I read the stories myself...lol