Forums » The Lounge

Workshop Spotlight 3 - The Predator

• 1467 posts
    May 20, 2017 9:29 AM EDT

I wanted to do something a little different today and feature a Fallout Build. As a quick disclaimer, I don't know enough about F4 building to make any real comments on the specifics of the build, it's just one that I thought seemed really freaking awesome. The Predator is one of John Leblanc's many contributions to the Workshop, and is based around...Well The Predator (you might have heard of it from that movie).

So what's the first thing that comes to mind when reading this build? Well after "holy shit that's cool" is "Dayum, Level what? 96, now this is insane". And that's right John's idea for the build is that it, when fully optomized and maxed out will reach Level 96 which as far as I know is the highest level that any serious builder has posted, in any group. Now that might seem like a daunting number, but from it looks like John has really balanced that out by working in a really well structured tier system where Level 50 is kind of the first bar, where the character is 'complete enough' so to say. 

One of the other things I like about this build is that there are versions for Settlement Building and for skipping it. I think that's a really good choice for builders because it shakes up some characters a fair bit if you want to participate in what is one of Fallout 4's coolest features (IMO). The amount of thought that's gone into the levelling system with this build should really be admired I think.

And the final thing to look at, is of course the Gameplay. It isn't a complete section yet, but the idea of the character is enough to make me want to pick up the game again. The idea of stalking the world, looking for prey to hunt and kill is just such an awesome concept and I'm really interested in how it turns out. The character seems to be an awesome combination of stealthy warrior and complete badass, so, yeah definitely going to be interested in seeing how it'll evolve.

That's all for this week folks, please do go check out The Predator in the Workshop. It's a frankly massive build but John is, I believe the Workshop's largest contributor with dozens of completed builds coming out and very few staying in or going out the other entrance (getting deleted that is). Anyway, the build is great so far, go check it and out and while your at it, head over to the Workshop Spotlight Corner to see the other two spotlights written so far. 

• 215 posts
    May 22, 2017 9:08 AM EDT

Whoa, thanks DB.  Wasn't expecting this.  Yeah...level 96 or thereabouts to max this bad boy out.  But that's for all the bells and whistles to make this as close to the movie character as I can with the game limits.  It will still fall around the Level 50 range I'm projecting to be fully playable but deleting some of the weapon systems and the points/perks needed for them.  Just around Level 20 in the playthrough and only using melee and a little bit of guns and it's definitely playable in the early levels so the expansion into new weapons will play out as "learning and evolving".  Thanks for the spotlight and definitely looking forward to any feedback from Predator fans as I continue to plug away at this.  As for the workshop...all of my builds except for one went through the 'Shop.  I'm at 20 posted builds, I've only deleted one (that I remember); my first Fallout build attempt I think.  Not sure how many more I have in me... sure seemed like more than that. 

• 248 posts
    May 23, 2017 2:44 PM EDT

lol yeah it's a big, ambitious build, but if anyone can pull it off it's the ragin cajun :)

• 215 posts
    May 23, 2017 5:07 PM EDT

Mottyskills said:

lol yeah it's a big, ambitious build, but if anyone can pull it off it's the ragin cajun :)

Oh it's going to happen.  My major concerns now are:

1. gear to mimic the character as best as possible.  You and I have discussed that a little so that's my tangent for now.  Still need to get to Far Harbor in my playthrough to start gathering those items.

2. Tiering the build for various levels.  I don't think this will be too bad.  In putting the perks, I have already speculated on what to add, it's a matter of when to add the perks and skill points to gain them.  This will likely flow pretty smoothly.  (Famous last words..lol).

3. Playthrough.  I may end up searching for gear and adding it with PC commands just to check the look as a playthrough to this level will take forever..lol.  I'm thinking this will be my first "long term" character as well so I'd do a save without the gear added to keep playing it normally.  If I do that (PC adds) then I can likely wrap up around level 50 and call it done and work everything else from there.