Forums » Elder Scrolls

Favourite One-Off Side Quest?

• 278 posts
    May 16, 2017 12:55 PM EDT

*gotta change my font to Times New Roman*

You know how there are all those sprawling four hour questlines, filled with sometimes alright storylines, alright voice-acting, and alright pretty much everything? They don't count. Neither do things like 'No One escapes Cidhna Mine' because it's a leadon from the 'Forsworn Conspriacy' My Favourite One-Off Side Quest is Rise in the East. It's absolutely F***ING AWESOME. Even the name is awesome! What starts out as a fetch mission becomes a beachfront assault on an island fortress with exploding arrow rain! What's cooler than that?

What are yours?

- 

INNOCENTKHAJIIT

• 34 posts
    May 16, 2017 1:02 PM EDT

Gotta be Repentance, at Darklight Tower southwest of Riften. Something about the quest (help a witch with a newly developed conscience clear out her former coven) just plucks at my heartstrings.

• 261 posts
    May 16, 2017 4:33 PM EDT

It's from ESO, not Skyrim, but "The Flower of Youth" is among the most beautiful quests I've seen in Elder Scrolls. An old Wood Elf's husband is dying, and the mer asks you to gather some flowers for them. You gather the flowers, and come back, only to learn the husband has already passed away. The Wood Elf calmly realizes they never needed the flowers; the husband was happy enough being together with him at the end. The quest offers zero combat and minimal XP, yet it stuck with me because it's really a heartwarming story.

• 44 posts
    May 16, 2017 4:54 PM EDT

"The Blessing of Nature" and "Kyne's Sacred Trials" are the ones I love because they are nature related. I always do the Blessing of Nature because  that tree must bloom!  Though, I haven't done the second one in a long time.

• 284 posts
    May 16, 2017 5:20 PM EDT

"Azura's Star" the best side quest in the game. I just love Azura.

• 64 posts
    May 16, 2017 5:30 PM EDT

I really like the Ansilvund quest. It's a medium length dungeon with a nice love story going on and the antagonist of the dungeon is a pretty awesome character. The quest is great for any witch hunter og demon hunter type character and even offers the dragon The Ghostblade sword at the end; armor ignoring and badass looking. All in all I would give this dungeon 5/5 stars!

- Which gives me a cool idea! I should start making dungeon guides "BlueDremoras tour of Skyrims Dungeons", yep.

• 25 posts
    May 16, 2017 5:31 PM EDT

A Night to Remember because it's a lighthearted, humorous quest amidst so many dark, serious quests found in Skyrim. I also like the surprise ending when the true identity of the quest giver is revealed. Of course, the quest reward is quite useful too.

This post was edited by GailOlm at May 16, 2017 5:34 PM EDT
    • 278 posts
    May 16, 2017 6:24 PM EDT

D3LTAFOX said:

"Azura's Star" the best side quest in the game. I just love Azura.

Well, then you'll like my upcoming build!

• 248 posts
    May 16, 2017 9:34 PM EDT

Oh Caladran! I too love restoring the Gildergreen. My only prob with that quest is killing the spriggans....seems wrong

• 457 posts
    May 16, 2017 9:36 PM EDT

The two Potema quests in Solitude... dunno why (other than I like clearing out undead). Perhaps it's because it gives me a chance to quietly save Tamriel--the unknown hero ;D

• 248 posts
    May 16, 2017 9:41 PM EDT

I knda like Waking Nightmare. It's just weird and trippy and makes you make a decision at the end. I've never really played with the skull of corruption, but taking on Erandur has provided some good companionship on a few walkthroughs. And access to Heljarchen Hall is quite nice.

idk there are so many... "A love byond death" was a great call Blue Dremora...

• 224 posts
    May 17, 2017 3:00 PM EDT

Blood on Ice and it can be summed up in one-word Necromancer's Amulet, an artifact of the God himself Mannimarco.

• 44 posts
    May 17, 2017 3:02 PM EDT

Mottyskills said:

Oh Caladran! I too love restoring the Gildergreen. My only prob with that quest is killing the spriggans....seems wrong

I tend to just escape instead of staying and killing them. xD

• 25 posts
    May 17, 2017 6:49 PM EDT

Caladran said:

Mottyskills said:

I tend to just escape instead of staying and killing them. xD

I preferred not to kill anyone or anything but instead agreed to let Maurice pray to Kynareth at the Eldergleam tree. This also prevented the inhabitants of the cave from being attacked and probably being killed by the spriggans. While the Gildergleam itself isn't restored, a blooming sapling from the Eldergleam tree can be planted in its place. Not the ideal solution for everyone but it was the best choice for my character who chose to complete the quest without resorting to violence.

• 5 posts
    May 18, 2017 11:19 AM EDT

My favorite is Lights Out.  Getting revenge for the double cross always brings a smile to my face and the grotto you explore is awesome!  And if you do this quest as an Argonian, there are so many opportunies to sneak up on people using you ability to breath underwater it actually makes this racial ability pretty cool.

• 585 posts
    May 18, 2017 3:11 PM EDT

I don't know what I've been pkaying at these past 6 years, but I don't think I've ever even started Rise in the East. I remember reading about it in the big guide book I got with the game and thinking it sounded awesome, but I've never got round to actually doing it.

Blood on the Ice is a tempting choice for me, it's a pretty great quest and different to the standard side mission, but I'm actually gonna second Shin with the Potema quests. Like he said, being the unsung hero, and the game reinforcing that, makes you feel so much more badass.

• 5 posts
    May 18, 2017 4:15 PM EDT

I have never done the Rise in the East quest and it looks awesome so I guess my current build has one more quest to complete before I post it haha

• 64 posts
    May 19, 2017 1:55 AM EDT

It could be interesting to read a list of all Skyrim quests on USEP and then find those you've never done before. Wonder ho many I'm missing?

• 39 posts
    June 16, 2017 9:34 PM EDT

Do Daedric Quests count? If so...still probably the Windhelm Butcher quest or Frostflow Abyss. Frostflow because that story kinda broke my heart, and Butcher because the first time I did it I thought the court wizard was actually responsible because of glitch...Then found out later while looking at Amulet of Necromancy that the real story is so much better. IDK.