Forums » Introduce Yourself

Wotcha,

• 1 posts
    April 8, 2017 5:14 PM EDT

Hello,

I'm a newly joined member to this 'Vault' and I thorgth I may as well introduce myself.  It is my intension, here, to write for the diary-entry styled 'blog' thing with the character 'Reynard the Fox' - taken from the literary cycle of allegorical Dutch, English, French and German fables written in early twelth centuary - and I was wondering of the kind of reception said material is likely to receave and if anyone has any advice on how to keep it intresting, what kind of 'tags' I should mark it with, how long entries should be and what catagory it should follow.

Yours,
    Mr Smail.

• 1595 posts
    April 8, 2017 6:32 PM EDT

Helo Mr Small, welcome mate :) I think what you have planned sounds pretty interesting, so assuming you are posting in Blogs, you may want to check out the Story Corner and Blogs Rules as written by the Host of those areas, Sotek. There you will find a list of tags to help you narrow it down to what suits your blog best ;)

As for how well your work will be receieved, that I cannot know. It sounds unique and creative, and the SC and Blogs have a lively and vocal community, so I think you should feel at home nicely. Reciprocate if you can and help strengthen that community - here it doesn't matter if you are old or new to the site, what matters is your attitude and creativity. So get stuck in and join in, don't be afraid to share your work, inspire and be inspired by others :)

This post was edited by Paws at April 8, 2017 6:33 PM EDT
    • 5 posts
    April 8, 2017 7:54 PM EDT

Hello there! I'm kinda new here myself but i would like to bid you welcome, man. Looking forward to seeing what you have planned with that character.

• 284 posts
    April 9, 2017 3:12 AM EDT

Hello, Mr. Smail! :D

It's always great to have someone new join our Vault. The idea you have for the story you  have sounds great and I would like to see it. Join the Story Corner and start writing! :)

If you need any help, you can contact Sotek, Tenebrous, Lissette Long-Chapper and me. Also, I would like to wish you the best of luck in your stay here. :D

• 140 posts
    April 9, 2017 7:58 AM EDT

Hey Mr. Small, good to have you with us!

There's not much I can say that hasn't been said already. I'm not really that active around the Story Corner, but I do agree that the idea you have sounds wonderful, so you should definitely go for it! The people around TSC are all friendly (In fact, just about everyone on the Site is!), so don't hesitate to ask them any questions you may have.

Hope you enjoy your time here!

• 367 posts
    April 12, 2017 3:54 AM EDT

Awwoooo (friendly Howl)

Hello Mr. Small and welcome to Tamriel Vault.

Phil and some others have already suggested it but I will recomend it as well. Come to TSC (The Story Corner) and have a look around. we've a fair few writers discussions covering all sorts of writer topics and there's a good amount of different support discussions to help writers of all levels and abilities. As others have already stated, we're a friendly group who help eachother to grow and prosper. There's always someone willing to look over work and offer friendly advice and help and we all thrive on active positive encouragement. 

We don't worry about any members ability to write. All we ask is that members join inand have fun doing what they love. The worst thing in the world is an empty page...... 

I've sent you a friend request. If you have any questions then don't hesitate to howl and feel free to dive into any of TSC's discussions (even if it's an old discussion). 

Sotek Loyal Hound of Hircine

The Story Corner