Forums » General Gaming

Destiny 2 Reveal Trailer

• 1467 posts
    March 31, 2017 4:38 AM EDT

For those that might not have seen it yet, we recently got an Official Reveal Trailer for Destiny 2. This is just a cinematic trailer for now, there's no gameplay, nothing about how Bungie is aiming to build upon what we recieved in Destiny, but is here, along with a release date, the 8th of September. 

And I am really split on how much this excites me. I'm one of the people that played Destiny for the Beta, thought the game was really lacking and underwhelming and left for years, and the only thing that brough me back in was The Taken King expansion. Now, I'm a huge fan of the game with dozens of hours (robably upwards of 60, which might not be much for some heavier gamers but this was basically the first MMO that I spent that much time on) and a build right here in this very group (Shameless Plug). With all of the content, the game is genuinelly amazing enough that I'm tempted to just spend the $140 and buy the Game and Season Pass right now.

What stops me from doing that (other then the fact that I don't have that much money to spend on a game today :P) is that Destiny just really wasn't any good on release. I don't know if Bungie has learned from that (based on the DLC I would say, most certainly) but there is that risk that the second game will end up like the first, kind of mediocre and only becoming really good later on. I'd rather assume that we're going to get a great game straight away, because Destiny did have so long to become better and better, and now (assuming that nothing is locked away in the DLC) is something really great. 

Ah, I didn't expect to drop a kind of semi-review below the trailer. Anyway, the important thing is the announcement but do leave any opinions you had on Destiny or the Trailer. 

• 1467 posts
    March 31, 2017 4:42 AM EDT

As soon as I posted that, I checked out the Destiny Site and noticed three things that stood out.

1. PS4 Players will get exclusive content for about a year (roughly), which obviously won't dissapoint me (as a PS4 player) but it might be a bit dissapointing for others. I don't think the content will be anything that great, probably nothing story or gameplay related but it is important to keep in mind. 

2. They're planning a Gameplay Live Steam on May 18th (feels a little far away for an announcement now, but still) which could be pretty awesome. I'll probably wait until then before buying the game myself, to see if it's any good. 

3. There don't seem to be any new classes (though there could be new sub-classes) which is slightly dissapointing.