Forums » The Lounge

What gets you in the mood to play Skyrim?

• 87 posts
    March 15, 2017 7:43 AM EDT

I woke up this morning to find this. I think there will be lots of Skyrim playing today! Personally all this snow makes me want to play Skyrim. What gets you in the mood to play Skyrim?

This post was edited by Decumus Scotti at August 2, 2017 9:56 AM EDT
    • 585 posts
    March 15, 2017 8:05 AM EDT

Fantasy films like The Hobbit make me want to go kill some Orcs, or Undead, or whatever enemy is in the film. Sometimes I'll stumble upon a bit of lore which really makes me want to boot up a character based on it, etc etc. So basically it's whenever I see something that relates to Skyrim, it makes me want to play it.

• 44 posts
    March 15, 2017 5:08 PM EDT

For me it's the sunny mornings in game. They are so beautiful that I want to experience again, and again. Also, wandering around with my Dunmer assassin or Nord ranger is relaxing. :)

• 490 posts
    March 15, 2017 5:37 PM EDT
    The storytelling and RP opportunities. I think what draws me to the game is the chance to shape a character and really log my own choices with respect to the values of a character.

I also just like the massive fights and heavy action!
    • 87 posts
    March 16, 2017 10:09 AM EDT
    Henson said:
    The storytelling and RP opportunities. I think what draws me to the game is the chance to shape a character and really log my own choices with respect to the values of a character.

I also just like the massive fights and heavy action!

Yes the ability to tell a story through the game definitely makes the game great and makes me want to play.
    • 87 posts
    March 16, 2017 10:11 AM EDT
    Zonnonn said:

Fantasy films like The Hobbit make me want to go kill some Orcs, or Undead, or whatever enemy is in the film. Sometimes I'll stumble upon a bit of lore which really makes me want to boot up a character based on it, etc etc. So basically it's whenever I see something that relates to Skyrim, it makes me want to play it.

Yes watching fantasy movies or reading fantasy books definitely gets me in the mood to play. You just want to go and have the ability to do some of the hints that you see characters doing in books and movies.
    • 284 posts
    March 18, 2017 5:36 AM EDT

I play Skyrim every time when I remember the sunrise at Lake Ilinalta. I always build my home there. I just like to sheath my weapons and take a walk around the lake. I lower the timescale so the morning lasts as long as possible.

• March 18, 2017 6:59 AM EDT

I agree about the books and movies. Skyrim is a great sanbox for living out all the fantasy, er, fantasies!

Sometimes for me it's seeing a great piece of fantasy art that make me want to recreate that vibe in a character.

• 167 posts
    March 18, 2017 7:29 AM EDT

I will also go with what Plunders-The-Mountains said. Most of the times it will be a piece of fantasy art and maybe some music of the "epic fantasy genre" that will motivate me to play skyrim and create a character with a similar feel to what i saw or heard. For example I 'm playing an arcane archer type of build at the moment which I got inspiration to create from a photo I came across and also through mods I gave skyrim  a "harsher" dark fantasy type of setting because of some music I was listening to lately :P .

• 284 posts
    March 18, 2017 7:43 AM EDT

I like how with mods you can turn Skyrim into a game that makes Dark Souls look like a kids game.

• 167 posts
    March 18, 2017 7:46 AM EDT

D3LTAFOX said:

I like how with mods you can turn Skyrim into a game that makes Dark Souls look like a kids game.

Haha that 's true!

• 284 posts
    March 18, 2017 7:53 AM EDT

I remember playing a DLC sized mod inspired by Dark Souls a year ago, can't remember the name. It's hard by itself, but when you add combat aand damage overhauls. I'm just saying, you'll need a new screen every time you die.

• 224 posts
    March 20, 2017 6:54 AM EDT

Just the words "Elder Scrolls"... oh and think about my fan fic story