Forums » Elder Scrolls

Who is your favorite character in the Elder Scrolls series?

• 224 posts
    March 5, 2017 9:02 PM EST

Recently, I have been looking through and reading quite a bit of Elder Scrolls lore, just recently got done with The Wolf Queen, and I began to wonder who are people's favorite Elder Scrolls character or even characters, and this can be from simply reading any of the Lore or even from just the games. My two favorite people in the Elder Scrolls series are Potema Septim, the Wolf Queen of Solitude, and Mannimarco, the King of Worms. The reason why I like Potema is that I am currently working on a build with her as the focus and so I began to read The Wolf Queen Volumes and serval other lore pieces about her, and I just simply found her story to be interesting and exciting. Mannimarco, I like just simply because it's Mannimarco what else can I say about him that others haven't said about this guy. So I would like to know who is/are your favorite character/s of the Elder Scrolls series.

Edit: I am also adding Ulric Stormcloak, and I know he is Xenophobic and all of this other stuff, but he is one of the best well thought out characters in Skyrim and he gives the best speech in the game, and maybe of the Elder Scrolls series.

This post was edited by David at March 15, 2017 6:49 PM EDT
    • 152 posts
    March 5, 2017 10:15 PM EST

Easily Vicenti, the vampire from the Dark Brotherhood in Oblivion. Might seem like an insignificant character but I just thought he was so cool when I was a kid. He kinda freaked me out, but it totally captured the absolute dark and twisted vibe of the Dark Brotherhood. He just kinda stuck to me I guess

• 87 posts
    March 6, 2017 10:39 AM EST
    My favorite character by far is Neloth from Tel Mithryn. His absolute indifference to the disasters going on unless they relate to his academic studies is hilarious. His humour and wit make him the most memorable character for me.
    This post was edited by Decumus Scotti at March 6, 2017 10:39 AM EST
    • 140 posts
    March 7, 2017 4:18 AM EST

Probably Neloth for me. If not him, then probably House Telvanni as a whole. They're just such a bizarre lot, living in mushrooms, being all secretive and xenophobic, and just being outright oblivious to the things that don't affect them. I think Neloth captures that personality perfectly.

• 321 posts
    March 7, 2017 4:40 AM EST

Janus Hassildor is probably one of my favorite NPCs I have ever met in Oblivion. Have you ever met a benevolent vampire who's a Count and an ally of the Mages' Guild? Also his backstory is kinda sad when you read it up. 

• 224 posts
    March 7, 2017 7:11 PM EST

MaddMannatee said:

Easily Vicenti, the vampire from the Dark Brotherhood in Oblivion. Might seem like an insignificant character but I just thought he was so cool when I was a kid. He kinda freaked me out, but it totally captured the absolute dark and twisted vibe of the Dark Brotherhood. He just kinda stuck to me I guess

Yes, I have to agree with this, and he seems to capture almost everything there is about the Dark Brotherhood from his apprentice of being dark and mysterious to him being a vampire.

Decumus Scotti said: My favorite character by far is Neloth from Tel Mithryn. His absolute indifference to the disasters going on unless they relate to his academic studies is hilarious. His humour and wit make him the most memorable character for me.

Caesar said:

Probably Neloth for me. If not him, then probably House Telvanni as a whole. They're just such a bizarre lot, living in mushrooms, being all secretive and xenophobic, and just being outright oblivious to the things that don't affect them. I think Neloth captures that personality perfectly.

Neloth and House Telvanni seem to be really popular among fans and even my own friends, I could never get into the Dunmer lore or really anything with them, but they seem to be popular.

KaiserSoSage said:

Janus Hassildor is probably one of my favorite NPCs I have ever met in Oblivion. Have you ever met a benevolent vampire who's a Count and an ally of the Mages' Guild? Also his backstory is kinda sad when you read it up. 

I actually had to look this one up, because it has been forever since I have played Oblivion and forgot about him. I do have to agree he is quite interesting especially since he is a vampire who hates vampires.

This post was edited by David at March 7, 2017 7:12 PM EST
    • 224 posts
    March 12, 2017 9:46 PM EDT

Lucian Lachance!! on TES Oblivion, best character ever!! An Imperial assassin, was a Speaker for the Black Hand of the Dark Brotherhood in the late Third Era.

Also Owyn of course on the Arena on TES Oblivion too, Owyn is the Redguard Blademaster in charge of the Arena Bloodworks, is so damn badass funny.

• 21 posts
    March 12, 2017 9:52 PM EDT

The Man. The Myth. the Legend!

Need I say more?

• 224 posts
    March 12, 2017 10:35 PM EDT

Medieval said:

Lucian Lachance!! on TES Oblivion, best character ever!! An Imperial assassin, was a Speaker for the Black Hand of the Dark Brotherhood in the late Third Era.

Also Owyn of course on the Arena on TES Oblivion too, Owyn is the Redguard Blademaster in charge of the Arena Bloodworks, is so damn badass funny.

I really need to go back and play Oblivion since I haven't played it in a while and remember very few characters from it, but Lucian has also stuck with because of how great he is. Also, Lucian is just a great name XD.

I have to say I have never heard of Owyn so that is a new one for me.

• 224 posts
    March 12, 2017 10:39 PM EDT

Andrew said:

The Man. The Myth. the Legend!

Need I say more?

How can you like him he killed off all of the Snow Elves in cold blood and then found a group who would later become Hircine Worshippers? (That is a joke) In all seriousness, Ysgramor is a pretty good character I mean he did eat soup with a fork...so that is pretty badass.

• 224 posts
    March 12, 2017 11:50 PM EDT

Potemus the Wolf King said:

Medieval said:

I really need to go back and play Oblivion since I haven't played it in a while and remember very few characters from it, but Lucian has also stuck with because of how great he is. Also, Lucian is just a great name XD.

Hehe, really havent heard about Owyn?? he is so damn fun and mock of you all the time is on the Arena, he is your damn instructor xP. By theway If you go back to Oblivion game what is awesome, you could try Morroblivon instead, isnt complicated to install and its full working :) Morroblivion, I alreadyhave it and its really cool, you can also install more mods, Hey If you went back to Oblivon game please give a cool screenshot, hehe

This post was edited by Medieval at March 12, 2017 11:52 PM EDT
    • 224 posts
    March 13, 2017 3:51 AM EDT

By theway what a fun pic of Nazeem... xDDDDD... I just can't not laugh when I see it lol, nice pic!! xD

This post was edited by Medieval at March 13, 2017 3:52 AM EDT
    • 457 posts
    March 13, 2017 2:57 PM EDT

While I enjoy playing Skyrim more than Oblivion, I think all my favorite characters come from Oblivion. It's a toss-up between two:

Modryn Oreyn--"I'm going to need you to find Maglir again. The little fetcher." Dunno why, but that line still kills me (that and his "art" once he's gone into forced retirement).

--Or--

Hannibal Traven--pleasant guy, powerful mage, ultimate sacrifice... the trifecta, really.

• 367 posts
    March 13, 2017 4:17 PM EDT

As per usual, I'm going against the rules of the topic slightly...

I'm stuck between four......

I'll give those that know me a few moments to get over the shock.... All will be explained.

Top of the list there's Aela the Huntress.

Aela the Huntress has always fascinated me as a character in Skyrim. She’s bold, feisty, rich in background and a werewolf to boot. I always use her as a follower and during a few play troughs I’ve used her as a main character as well. We've been through a lot since Skyrim came out; even more adventures await.

Second on my list is Aela... well, thanks to a werewolf mod, Aela's werewolf form. Some of you know I treat her different to Aela so to me she is a seperate character. Meet Red everyone.......

My third is a well trusted and faithful hound who is always on call and always willing to leap into whatever trouble Aela and I happen to find ourselves in. Yes he isn't a character either but when you write about these guys and girls they develop into characters. I know my familiar definitely has... 

(BTW, I have a mod which makes him stronger. I don't use the other bound entities except for one other).

With the mod the Familiar is great but he is tempermental and disobediant unless 'she' is with him...

My fourth favorite has to be...

With more fire than Aela in a rage and more spirit than you'll find in the Bannered Mare, meet the Flaming Familiar....

(I've a mod for her too so she doesn't explode within a few seconds...)

This post was edited by Sotek at March 13, 2017 4:18 PM EDT
    • 224 posts
    March 13, 2017 5:22 PM EDT

Medieval said:

Potemus the Wolf King said:

Medieval said:

Hehe, really havent heard about Owyn?? he is so damn fun and mock of you all the time is on the Arena, he is your damn instructor xP. By theway If you go back to Oblivion game what is awesome, you could try Morroblivon instead, isnt complicated to install and its full working :) Morroblivion, I alreadyhave it and its really cool, you can also install more mods, Hey If you went back to Oblivon game please give a cool screenshot, hehe

Yeah, I really haven't heard about Owyn, I only played Oblivion once and Lucian is about the only one I remember. I have it on 360 so I will probably play it on that and I have Morrowind on Xbox Orignal. Also, if I did play Morroblivion why would I take Screenshots?

• 224 posts
    March 13, 2017 5:27 PM EDT

ShinJin said:

While I enjoy playing Skyrim more than Oblivion, I think all my favorite characters come from Oblivion. It's a toss-up between two:

Modryn Oreyn--"I'm going to need you to find Maglir again. The little fetcher." Dunno why, but that line still kills me (that and his "art" once he's gone into forced retirement).

--Or--

Hannibal Traven--pleasant guy, powerful mage, ultimate sacrifice... the trifecta, really.

And this post just made me realize I really need to go back and play Oblivion, now. Hannibal does seem like a great guy since he is willing to give his life for the Mages Guild and I just found his page on USEP since I remebered the name somewhat, and I have no clue about the other guy.

• 224 posts
    March 13, 2017 5:29 PM EDT

Sotek said:

As per usual, I'm going against the rules of the topic slightly...

I'm stuck between four......

I'll give those that know me a few moments to get over the shock.... All will be explained.

Top of the list there's Aela the Huntress.

Aela the Huntress has always fascinated me as a character in Skyrim. She’s bold, feisty, rich in background and a werewolf to boot. I always use her as a follower and during a few play troughs I’ve used her as a main character as well. We've been through a lot since Skyrim came out; even more adventures await.

Second on my list is Aela... well, thanks to a werewolf mod, Aela's werewolf form. Some of you know I treat her different to Aela so to me she is a seperate character. Meet Red everyone.......

My third is a well trusted and faithful hound who is always on call and always willing to leap into whatever trouble Aela and I happen to find ourselves in. Yes he isn't a character either but when you write about these guys and girls they develop into characters. I know my familiar definitely has... 

(BTW, I have a mod which makes him stronger. I don't use the other bound entities except for one other).

With the mod the Familiar is great but he is tempermental and disobediant unless 'she' is with him...

My fourth favorite has to be...

With more fire than Aela in a rage and more spirit than you'll find in the Bannered Mare, meet the Flaming Familiar....

(I've a mod for her too so she doesn't explode within a few seconds...)

Even though I don't know quite that well, I had this list pretty close to what I expected. Aela seems to be popular among fans of the series, but I barely use her or any of the companions because I almost never play a warrior or Werewolf.

• 6 posts
    March 13, 2017 6:35 PM EDT

Gogron gro-Bolmog, a Dark brotherhood 'assassin' from oblivion.

I remember making my first character a pure warrior nord, coming across the dark brotherhood and thinking "gosh they sound so cool im going to join them even though i cant sneak and i wear heavy armor with a giant hammer" *shrug*. and then i get to the sanctuary and theres Gogron. giant orc in heavy armor with a giant hammer and all his dialog is basically 'sneaking is boring, just walk up to them and bash there head in!' And i loved him ever since.

This post was edited by Jordan at March 13, 2017 6:39 PM EDT
    • 284 posts
    March 14, 2017 6:29 AM EDT

Queen Ayrenn of Alinor

The queen of the Aldmeri Dominion during the Interregnum. In 2E 573, she disappeared and was not seen until 2E 580, when her father died. She claimed her birthright and became the ruler of Alinor. She was nicknamed The Unforeseen Queen.

The Altmer would not be as powerful as they are without her.

• 261 posts
    March 14, 2017 7:33 AM EDT
    I really like Ayrenn too. She's an Elf supremacist, but only because she feels it's the best for all the races of Tamriel. And she's actually a nice person too, as ESO shows.
    • 649 posts
    March 14, 2017 7:41 AM EDT
    Hehehe. Ayrenn. Crystal-like-Twitch. The Thalmoric Memo-Whore to All Enemies in The 'Set. KINMUNE. Kinetically-Interlinked Nirnian Multi-User Nth-gen Exoform. Assassin android from 9th Era. Yeah, she's alright. :)
    • 288 posts
    March 14, 2017 8:16 AM EDT

Gaiden Shinji :P

• 284 posts
    March 14, 2017 8:30 AM EDT

Ayrenn has got nothing to do with the Thalmor, Karver. She is above them. The Thalmor are an insult in the eyes of the Altmer race.

• 649 posts
    March 14, 2017 8:51 AM EDT

D3LTAFOX said:

Ayrenn has got nothing to do with the Thalmor, Karver. She is above them. The Thalmor are an insult in the eyes of the Altmer race.

The Thalmor began as an obscure Altmeri council within the government of the Summerset Isles that was tasked with safeguarding Altmeri heritage. With the ascension of Ayrenn to the Altmeri throne and the establishment of the first Aldmeri Dominion in 2E 580, the Thalmor's role was expanded to become the executive arm of the alliance, a bureaucracy that managed the Dominion's day-to-day affairs and liaised between its various local leaders and factions. It incorporated representatives from all three of the Dominion's member races, in ratios appropriate to their administrative abilities. The Thalmor Inner Council served as Ayrenn's personal advisors, and included such notables as King Aeradan Camoran of the Bosmer and Lord Gharesh-ri of the Khajit, as well as a number of other Bosmeri and Khajiti nobles who were included largely as figureheads. - http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Thalmor

• 284 posts
    March 14, 2017 9:36 AM EDT

But still, she didn't hunt down Talos worshipers. She wanted Tamriel ruled by a good leader, and if that leader is an Altmer, se be it.