Forums » Elder Scrolls

Important Message to Modders

• 224 posts
    March 2, 2017 2:30 PM EST

So this is an important message to people who play on Xbox One, I don't know about PS4 nor PC since the latter uses Nexus, Do Not Delete your downloaded version of USSEP, it was recently removed from Bethesda.net due to conflicts between the author of the mod and Bethesda, but if you keep it and do not delete it, its effects remain. I recently ran across some info about and basically to quote the person "the mod author is having a pissing match with Bethesda over control of the comments because people keep commenting on the tiniest things that USSEP didn't fix and he was getting tired of it.." So I don't know how long this will last, but I do know if you have this mod previously downloaded It will still work. So, that is all the information I have for now. Thank you for reading.

• 1595 posts
    March 2, 2017 3:05 PM EST

Thanks for the info! i wondered why the icon was missing, it's just a blank tile in my load order now. I hope this gets resolved soon, that is an essential mod.

• 224 posts
    March 2, 2017 3:22 PM EST

Phil said:

Thanks for the info! i wondered why the icon was missing, it's just a blank tile in my load order now. I hope this gets resolved soon, that is an essential mod.

No problem, man. Also, thank RougeSilver for they were the one who suggested I make this a discussion to info people. I hope this get resolved soon also, but I do know how some mod authors are, so all we can do is sit and wait.

• 1595 posts
    March 2, 2017 3:29 PM EST

Rogue's like The Imperial Battlemage, ever there in the background pulling strings and making stuff happen with quiet humility. We'd be lost without him. 

• 1467 posts
    March 2, 2017 6:19 PM EST

Just been reading up on this over the last day and I think I have possible good news.

Here is a link to the reasoning behind the mod being turned private. So here's the quote from Arthmoor

For those of you who might not have been paying attention over the last week or 2, the number of toxic comments and comments with flat out false information being laid at our feet on the XB1 copies of both the UFO4P and USSEP got to the point where people were calling us liars for trying to counter the disinformation being spread. Which is bad enough on its own. Then a couple of dipsticks decided they'd try to blackmail us into silence. Numerous posts were reported by myself and several others, including the 1 or 2 team members for the patch who occasionally swing by here. None of the posts were actioned in any way. This is unacceptable. Left without the ability to remove these toxic posts or the ones with outright false information being spread, we were left with no alternative but to mark both mods as private until proper author controls are restored on the site. 

On Reddit Arthmoor has just announced (As in 20 minutes before I posted this) that all of those comments have been wiped and that the mod is back up with comments locked. That appears to be true (It's up on Bethesda.net) but I can't actually test if the mod works. 

Just as a quick thing, more related to the post here. Most of the time this sort of thing should be posted in the Modder's Conclave over the Forums, that's the official place for any mod related discussions or posts, and it would just help keep everything in a place that people can easily find it. I think this was a big enough thing that posting it in the Forums makes a lot of sense because it is a bit more out there, but yeah just for  future reference, mod stuff goes in the MC.

This post was edited by SpookyBorn2021 at March 2, 2017 6:22 PM EST
    • 224 posts
    March 2, 2017 6:46 PM EST

Dragonborn1721 said:

Just been reading up on this over the last day and I think I have possible good news.

Here is a link to the reasoning behind the mod being turned private. So here's the quote from Arthmoor

For those of you who might not have been paying attention over the last week or 2, the number of toxic comments and comments with flat out false information being laid at our feet on the XB1 copies of both the UFO4P and USSEP got to the point where people were calling us liars for trying to counter the disinformation being spread. Which is bad enough on its own. Then a couple of dipsticks decided they'd try to blackmail us into silence. Numerous posts were reported by myself and several others, including the 1 or 2 team members for the patch who occasionally swing by here. None of the posts were actioned in any way. This is unacceptable. Left without the ability to remove these toxic posts or the ones with outright false information being spread, we were left with no alternative but to mark both mods as private until proper author controls are restored on the site. 

On Reddit Arthmoor has just announced (As in 20 minutes before I posted this) that all of those comments have been wiped and that the mod is back up with comments locked. That appears to be true (It's up on Bethesda.net) but I can't actually test if the mod works. 

Just as a quick thing, more related to the post here. Most of the time this sort of thing should be posted in the Modder's Conclave over the Forums, that's the official place for any mod related discussions or posts, and it would just help keep everything in a place that people can easily find it. I think this was a big enough thing that posting it in the Forums makes a lot of sense because it is a bit more out there, but yeah just for  future reference, mod stuff goes in the MC.

Thanks for this information and I was just about to post that USSEP was back up and everything so thanks for that. Also, Rouge told me to post here so I did, because I didn't know where to post this exactly plus I figured more people would read it here then if it was on Modder's Conclave, so that was my fault also. Thanks for the future reference.

• 1595 posts
    March 3, 2017 1:25 AM EST

Good news! Thanks for the info guys :)

• 743 posts
    March 6, 2017 8:59 AM EST

Phil said:

Rogue's like The Imperial Battlemage, ever there in the background pulling strings and making stuff happen with quiet humility. We'd be lost without him. 

You give me too much credit, Loremaster! I appreciate the kind words, though. 

• 743 posts
    March 6, 2017 9:01 AM EST

Dragonborn1721 said:

I'll take the blame for the discussion being put in the wrong place. I wasn't aware of the MC being over everything mod-wise or I would have directed the discussion over there. Noted for future reference. 

• 1467 posts
    March 6, 2017 9:45 AM EST

I'll take the blame for the discussion being put in the wrong place. I wasn't aware of the MC being over everything mod-wise or I would have directed the discussion over there. Noted for future reference. 

Nah, no blame is needed to go anywhere. I think this worked better as a Forum Post, because it allowed for more visibility. Honestly the amount of stuff that goes in the MC is still what I'm trying to work out, I'd prefer for it to be all modded content (with the exception of Videos, Photos and Builds) but I'm hardly going to worry all that much if discussions are posted in the Forums (afterall they do fit here too, same issues with Classics and will have with the RPG Group that I need to sort out), especially if it's something where I can just point out the group.

I might send out a message to you and Bones about how to fit it all in, it can be really hard with some of these more adjustable groups to figure out whether I'm trying to push for too much content to go there (and possibly restricting what people are seeing/posting, getting involved with). 

• 743 posts
    March 6, 2017 9:49 AM EST

Dragonborn1721 said:

Nah, no blame is needed to go anywhere. I think this worked better as a Forum Post, because it allowed for more visibility. Honestly the amount of stuff that goes in the MC is still what I'm trying to work out, I'd prefer for it to be all modded content (with the exception of Videos, Photos and Builds) but I'm hardly going to worry all that much if discussions are posted in the Forums (afterall they do fit here too, same issues with Classics and will have with the RPG Group that I need to sort out), especially if it's something where I can just point out the group.

I might send out a message to you and Bones about how to fit it all in, it can be really hard with some of these more adjustable groups to figure out whether I'm trying to push for too much content to go there (and possibly restricting what people are seeing/posting, getting involved with). 

That would be great to prevent any further confusion. Like you said, it's a difficult area because of how certain topics can be aimed. Of course it's nothing impossible to sort out.