Forums » General Gaming

Horizon Zero Dawn - any interest

• 773 posts
    February 28, 2017 9:44 AM EST

I think this looks pretty interesting. OK, it's PS4 only, so not for everyone - but is anyone here looking to get into this game?

Gamespot Review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5cAKE-3VrI

This post was edited by Paul at February 28, 2017 9:45 AM EST
    • 77 posts
    February 28, 2017 1:57 PM EST

Minophis already has it on order, he really likes open world games. May take a look at some point, but have too much going on with TES currently :-)

• 585 posts
    February 28, 2017 4:09 PM EST

I thought it looked promising until I realised the premise was robots and technology, I borderline loath Sci Fi but love fantasy. And I think there was another steampunk post-apocalyptic game recently which didn't interest me, so I might be a little biased against it.

• 248 posts
    February 28, 2017 7:49 PM EST

Actually really was interested until watching a bunch or early release footage. I bailed on it, not because it doesn't look amazing visually (it does) or even the strange hybrid tech/fantasy/tribal vibe (odd, but aluring). What i've realized about my gaming these days is I want something with multiple playthrough potential. Whether it's multiple races (eg skyrim) or variety of class styles (Fallout), I really like going all in on a title. This seems like a single story playthrough with no RP potential. And I can't see rolling $60 USD for that. 

Honestly, I hope I'm wrong and I can grab it later for like $35 and enjoy it. 

• 1441 posts
    March 1, 2017 2:54 AM EST
    Possibly, buy so many other games to buy
    • 1441 posts
    March 1, 2017 9:25 PM EST
    Mottyskills said:

Actually really was interested until watching a bunch or early release footage. I bailed on it, not because it doesn't look amazing visually (it does) or even the strange hybrid tech/fantasy/tribal vibe (odd, but aluring). What i've realized about my gaming these days is I want something with multiple playthrough potential. Whether it's multiple races (eg skyrim) or variety of class styles (Fallout), I really like going all in on a title. This seems like a single story playthrough with no RP potential. And I can't see rolling $60 USD for that. 

Honestly, I hope I'm wrong and I can grab it later for like $35 and enjoy it. 

It does have a skill tree, and is open world at least
    • 56 posts
    March 3, 2017 4:33 PM EST

I was soooo stoked for this game. On release day my younger brother bought himself a PS4 only to play 'Call of Duty'. I couldn't convince him to buy HZD... He thinks he's a gamer now, pfffff.... Okay, I like everything about HZD. The setting, the main character, the action, and I would get a PS4 only for this game, but yeah... Though I'm working on a Skyrim character inspired by Aloy, got to continue my history of 'inspired by' character builds :P

• 21 posts
    March 4, 2017 8:05 AM EST

I haven't been able to play too much of this, but thus far it's hitting a lot of good notes for me. I especially love the combat and the world, and I can't wait to play more of it.