Forums » General Gaming

What Do You Like to Snack on While Playing Video Games?

• 743 posts
    February 27, 2017 9:08 AM EST

Odd topic; but an interesting one nonetheless. This was actually a thread made by Ben C. a few years ago, but with the move and new members, seems to be worthy of getting remade. So, what is your favorite thing to snack on while playing Skyrim? Or are you too immersed to care for such a mundane thing? Personally, I'm mostly in the latter, but sometimes do grab a rice cake; one of those Quakers ones. They remind me of a tasteful WW1 ration, so they're great to grab while playing some Battlefield 1, lol. 

• 773 posts
    February 27, 2017 2:13 PM EST

My wife will usually bring me a mug of coffee at some point of a gaming session - and maybe something to nibble.

There is a bag of chocolate covered almonds in our fridge right now, and I suspect a fistful of these will be offered to me later this evening ;)

• 743 posts
    February 27, 2017 2:41 PM EST

Paul said:

My wife will usually bring me a mug of coffee at some point of a gaming session - and maybe something to nibble.

There is a bag of chocolate covered almonds in our fridge right now, and I suspect a fistful of these will be offered to me later this evening ;)

Paul, random offers of coffee and chocolate covered almonds? You're making me jealous! :)

• 224 posts
    February 27, 2017 2:43 PM EST

I am usually too immersed in the game to really care about food, but I always have a mug of hot tea on stand by.

• 136 posts
    February 27, 2017 3:08 PM EST

Coffee. I always drink coffee when I'm playing. 

• 122 posts
    February 27, 2017 3:23 PM EST

I'm usually relaxing with coffee, tea, or maybe a class of something alchoholic if it's in the evening (whiskey, beer, and lately white wine are the usual suspects). I usually don't go for finger foods near my keyboard, and I'm currently watching my calories (and yes, I know there are calories galore in whiskey, beer, and white wine, thank you), so it's been things like sliced apples eaten with a fork.

• 743 posts
    February 27, 2017 3:27 PM EST

Patriarch said:

Ah, I am guilty of that! Only on the weekends, though. 

• 136 posts
    February 27, 2017 3:32 PM EST

RogueSilver said:

Patriarch said:

Light-weight! LOL

• 261 posts
    February 27, 2017 3:40 PM EST

Like Thief, usually I get so into the game I don't eat anything.

• 743 posts
    February 27, 2017 3:58 PM EST

Patriarch said:

RogueSilver said:

Patriarch said:

Light-weight! LOL

Mate I will go E D G Y on you if need be

• 284 posts
    February 27, 2017 6:15 PM EST

I'm ussualy to immersed into a game to eat but sometimes I get some peanuts and tea.

• 133 posts
    February 27, 2017 7:47 PM EST

I usually have some flavor of chocolate poptart, but like a few others, I get so into that I forget to eat them. However, you can't stop me from downing a few Cheerwines, no matter how intense the game. 

• 457 posts
    February 27, 2017 8:06 PM EST

Can't eat. Too busy. Save Tamriel... bad stuff. 

• 585 posts
    February 28, 2017 6:28 AM EST

I'm all about tea, regardless of the game. I kinda use it as motivation, now I think about it, 'I can have another sip after I kill this BBEG' type deal, and I can drink it piping hot or warm so it's good for a long session when I forget to drink it.

• 152 posts
    February 28, 2017 7:33 AM EST

Highschool boy coming through; I love me some Doritos with really any kind of pop. I do track and cross country year round so I typicall game after a long practice and just feel like filling myself with junk food while doing so. But if I don't have a meet/practice on a Saturday I do some morning gaming with a cup of coffee and a bagel. Normally have to reheat the coffee like 4 times though because it gets forgotten....

• 152 posts
    February 28, 2017 7:33 AM EST

Highschool boy coming through; I love me some Doritos with really any kind of pop. I do track and cross country year round so I typicall game after a long practice and just feel like filling myself with junk food while doing so. But if I don't have a meet/practice on a Saturday I do some morning gaming with a cup of coffee and a bagel. Normally have to reheat the coffee like 4 times though because it gets forgotten....

• 773 posts
    February 28, 2017 9:41 AM EST

Zonnonn said:

I'm all about tea, regardless of the game. I kinda use it as motivation, now I think about it, 'I can have another sip after I kill this BBEG' type deal, and I can drink it piping hot or warm so it's good for a long session when I forget to drink it.

I must confess, there have been times when I forgot to drink my coffee when its hot and end up swigging a mouthful of cold coffee...YUK!

• 558 posts
    February 28, 2017 1:54 PM EST

I've recently been eating damn near entire pans of pot brownies or drinking whisky or beer. TBH it does get in the way of the game, so I will definitely cut back on that crap. I can't stand coffee, unlike other people here. Caffine permanently raises your heart rate, which is no good if you are a jogger, like me.

• 585 posts
    February 28, 2017 3:46 PM EST

Paul said:

I must confess, there have been times when I forgot to drink my coffee when its hot and end up swigging a mouthful of cold coffee...YUK!

Right there with you man! But then the game suddenly demands your attention so you have to soldier on and down it... The things I put myself through for Skyrim.

• 743 posts
    February 28, 2017 3:55 PM EST

Zonnonn said:

I'm not surprised, Zonn. You brits and your despicable tea :p I was half expecting you to mention fish n chips.

• 585 posts
    February 28, 2017 4:02 PM EST

RogueSilver said:

I'm not surprised, Zonn. You brits and your despicable tea :p I was half expecting you to mention fish n chips.

Waaay to greasy for my precious controller, although I can't say I haven't tried. I drink gallons of tea when gaming, the curse of being a Brit I suppose!

• 295 posts
    February 28, 2017 4:03 PM EST

Oh boy, wine, I really like enjoying a glass or two or three of wine. Champagne works too. Uh, yeah, alcohol. 

Which cannot not always be done in the morning, so in the morning, uh, coffee, but I prefer wine while I play. :D