Forums » Elder Scrolls

Rank The Races

• December 5, 2017 12:14 PM EST

1. Arognian. They drove back Dagon's forces and made them close the Gates themselves. They live in a land where hardly anyone can survive. The tribes and their culture are really awesome and interesting. Also, they have a close relation with Sithis and such and that is pretty cool.

2. Dunmer. The whole rebellion thing and religious reformation that is basically is all like F*** the Aedra and such is kind of cool. Also, I do like their culture.

3. Altmer. Really they are high mainly because of the Psijic Order and their history of days past, and their culture.

4. Nord. I love their myths, culture, and having a bunch of Slavic blood in me. I couldn't help, but to kind of like them.

5. Breton. They are the best of both worlds being skilled in Magic and Fighting.

6. Redguard. Their Lore is pretty cool, their culture is pretty cool, and they have a God that beat another God with a stick

7. Imperial. Fantasy Romans, done.

8. Khajiit. They're okay and their lore and culture is interesting, but if I was in the world of Elder Scrolls I would punch them in the face for how they speak

9. Bosmer. Hippie Canabalistic Altmer, enough said

10. Orsimer. Yeah, I just don't like them plus their creation story is crap, literally.

• 1 posts
    January 27, 2018 11:21 AM EST
    1. Nords
    2. High Elves
    3. Khajiit
    4. Redguard
    5. Wood Elves
    6. Imperials
    7. Orsimer
    8. Dark Elves
    9. Argonians
    • 275 posts
    January 27, 2018 12:25 PM EST

1. Argonians

2. Everything else

Why you may ask? Look at the Oblivion Crisis.

This post was edited by Ebonslayer at January 27, 2018 12:30 PM EST
    • 62 posts
    January 27, 2018 2:39 PM EST
    1. Tsaesci - They're a race of cannibalistic snake people who eat fucking dragons.

2. Argonian - Hist/Oblivion Crisis or Sithis/Shadowscales. Both are shining examples of Argonian babassery.

3. Deep Elves - Tonal Architecture and Brass Gods.

4. Redguard - Sword Singing and Sand/Wind magic.

5. Khajiit - Fascinating culture and genetics, but also skooma.

6. Dark Elves - Great lore and even better nostalgia...but also a culture of slavery.

7. Sload - Obese disgusting sociopathic grave robbers...but god dammit if there isn't just something so intriguing about that.

8. Wood Elves - Interesting religion/cannibalism but otherwise kind of cookie-cutter for the genre.

9. High Elves - Responsible for some of the coolest groups in ES history (Psijic Order, Mages Guild, Order of the Black Worm) but also some of the worse (Aldmeri Dominion, Thalmor).

10. Orc - Malacath worship and "outsider" culture is kind of interesting...but also makes them feel like they're somehow both the goths and dumb jocks of ES.

11. Imperials - Boring.

12. Nord - Boring and racist.
    This post was edited by Tysoyaha at January 27, 2018 2:48 PM EST
    • 29 posts
    April 10, 2018 8:33 PM EDT
    Bretons are my personal fave. The cats and lizards are my least favorite.
    • 33 posts
    August 4, 2018 6:24 PM EDT

1. Argonian

2. Khajiit

3. Orc

4. High elf

5. Bosmer

6. Imperial

7. Dunmer

8. Nord

9. Breton

10.Redguard (I despise them)

This post was edited by Hasir at August 5, 2018 12:23 AM EDT
    • 558 posts
    August 5, 2018 12:01 AM EDT
    @Blindcurve

Nice, all of the fun races on the top.
    • 67 posts
    August 5, 2018 2:07 AM EDT

1. Breton

2.Nord

3.Imperial

4.Bosmer

5.Dunmer

6.Orsimer

7.Redguard

8.Altmer

9.Khajit

10.Argonian (Only played one full playthrough and that was in Oblivion years ago. I've just never been able to get into the beast races.)

• 197 posts
    August 5, 2018 12:03 PM EDT

1. Nord - what I can say, I’m a sucker for these guys. Even in Oblivion, they were my go-to, so in Skyrim, with all their gorgeous ruins and snowy homeland and beautiful birch forests? It was maybe a year before I even thought to play another race. 

2. Redguard - I love their voices, for one. The first time I played a Redguard and that guy from Whiterun told me we brought a little warmth to Skyrim, I was sold. They’re fun and they do a good job keeping me alive, and I really hope TES VI is set in Hammerfell. 

3. Imperial - Imperious Races makes these guys amazing to play. They’re fun in their own right, but I love playing with allies, and the Imperious Race bonuses that work to keep your allies alive make me want to play Imperial now. 

4. Breton - my go-to character for mage players. Squishy, but still fun. 

5-6: Dunmer and Bosmer - For some reason, I find these guys slightly more relatable than 7-10. I can’t put my finger on why, but they just seem a lot less...alien than 7-10. I haven’t played them with Imperious Races yet, so maybe that would help me get into the character a bit more. 

7-10: everything else, but I have no idea about the order. I’ve never been able to play past level 3 or so with them. I’ve just never been able to relate very well to fantasy species other than human, no matter how well done, or well written. And not just in TES, but any fantasy world. It’s a shortcoming of my own, I’m sure, but elves and dwarves and the like have just never caught whatever spark in my imagination helps me relate to a character. 

This post was edited by ilanisilver at August 5, 2018 12:10 PM EDT
    • 1 posts
    September 2, 2018 7:37 AM EDT

1. Saxhleel - Fascinating lore & culture in the broadest sense, likely influenced by my general love of beasts and creatures in literature.  The first characters I set out to create and play in Elder Scrolls games.  The race I have genuine affection for.

2. Khajiit - Similar to above, and second by a narrow margin.

3. Orsimer - No-nonsense Pariah Folk.  I like that.

4. Redguard - Heavily influenced by my romantic notion of living a nomadic lifestyle among the sand dunes.

5. Bosmer - Heavily influenced by my romantic notion of living among trees.

6. Breton- Largely indifferent about them.

7. Imperial- As above; both perhaps too human for my liking.

8.Altmer- Hugely interesting, but that pretence and haughtiness has always irked me.

9. Nords- Aside from the Skaal, I find them a bit dull, a bit one-dimensional.

10. Dunmer- Probably the only race in Elder Scrolls I genuinely dislike, despite arguably one of the most interesting cultures.

• September 7, 2018 7:45 AM EDT
    Well um... this is the easiest thing I’ve done in a while
    1. Khajiit
    2. Khajiit
    3. Khajiit
    4. Khajiit
    5. Khajiit
    6. Khajiit
    7. Khajiit
    8. Khajiit
    9. Khajiit
    0. Khajiit
    Okay but if I’m being real...that a little harder, I’d have to say
    1. Khajiit
    2. Dunmer
    3. Altmer
    4. Breton
    5. Bosmer
    6. Redguard
    7. Imperial
    8. Orc
    9. Argonian
    10. Nord
    I’m just going to say 4, 5, and 6 were all very close
    • 82 posts
    September 7, 2018 8:31 AM EDT

CaptainKahjiitKid said: Well um... this is the easiest thing I’ve done in a while 1. Khajiit 2. Khajiit 3. Khajiit 4. Khajiit 5. Khajiit 6. Khajiit 7. Khajiit 8. Khajiit 9. Khajiit 0. Khajiit Okay but if I’m being real...that a little harder, I’d have to say 1. Khajiit 2. Dunmer 3. Altmer 4. Breton 5. Bosmer 6. Redguard 7. Imperial 8. Orc 9. Argonian 10. Nord I’m just going to say 4, 5, and 6 were all very close

Eh, I'd put 7 Khajiit at about 2 Khajiit, maybe switch 3 Khajiit and 4 Khajiit, but that's just me.

• September 7, 2018 9:12 AM EDT
    Loopdiss said:

CaptainKahjiitKid said: Well um... this is the easiest thing I’ve done in a while 1. Khajiit 2. Khajiit 3. Khajiit 4. Khajiit 5. Khajiit 6. Khajiit 7. Khajiit 8. Khajiit 9. Khajiit 0. Khajiit Okay but if I’m being real...that a little harder, I’d have to say 1. Khajiit 2. Dunmer 3. Altmer 4. Breton 5. Bosmer 6. Redguard 7. Imperial 8. Orc 9. Argonian 10. Nord I’m just going to say 4, 5, and 6 were all very close

Eh, I'd put 7 Khajiit at about 2 Khajiit, maybe switch 3 Khajiit and 4 Khajiit, but that's just me.

Honestly, I think you might be right, I guess it’s time to edit