Forums » Elder Scrolls

Rank The Races

• 558 posts
    February 24, 2017 1:00 PM EST

I have been thinking about the playable ES races quite a bit recently, and I thought it would be fun to list them from my favorite to my least favorite. Here is my ranking:

1. High Elf
    2. Orc
    3. Argonian
    4. Wood Elf
    5. Khajiit
    6. Nord
    7. Imperial
    8. Dark Elf
    9. Redguard
    10. Breton

3, 4, and 5 are all really close, and I could probably change interchange all of them.

Any other High Elf or Orc fans out there? Tell us your list.

This post was edited by Gollum at February 24, 2017 1:02 PM EST
    • 649 posts
    February 24, 2017 1:19 PM EST
    1. Orsimer
    2. Dunmer
    3. Redguards
    4. Bosmer
    5. Altmer
    6. Imperials
    7. Khajiit
    8. Argonians
    9. Nords
    10. Bretons
    • 56 posts
    February 24, 2017 4:09 PM EST

1. Breton

2. Nord

3. Dunmer

4. Bosmer 

5. Imperials

6. Redguard

7. Altmer

8. Orsimer

9. Khajiit

10. Argonians

I love the Bretons for their mixture of Men and Mer. I'm a huge northern mythology fan so I love Nords for their Scandinavian look. Most of my characters are either Breton or Nord. My first character though, was a Dunmer because I thought they look badass (he had a mohawk and that snake-looking tattoo on his face) and I did a few runs with them. I love Bosmer for their ranger style and my favorite skill, archery. With Imperials and Redguards I did only a few characters but I'm re-playing a female Imperial ranger/scout character at the moment. From 7-10 the Altmer look the best and for me I take looks over functionality here XD I never played an Orsimer, Khajiit or Argonian because they look non-human but I prefer my characters to be human so I can relate more to them.

• 87 posts
    February 24, 2017 5:38 PM EST
    1. Khajiit
    2. Imperial
    3. Nord
    4. Breton
    5. Argonian
    6. Bosmer
    7. Dunmer
    8. Orsimer
    9. Redguard
    10. Altmer
    • 1467 posts
    February 24, 2017 6:21 PM EST

1 - Altmer

2 - Dunmer

3 - Orsimer 

4 - Nords

5 - Redguards 

6 - Argonians

7 - Imperials

8 - Khajiit

9 - Bosmer 

10 - Bretons (Fuck Bretons, they'd be last on my list even I got into all the exotic races...)

1 and 2 are very much tied for me, as are 3 and 4 after that the order becomes less based on what I like and more based on what I dislike. I don't care much about Khajiit or Bosmer so they're lower than the races that interest me at least a little and Bretons...Well my opinion on Bretons is unchangeable, fuck 'em and their boring Human-ness.

• 700 posts
    February 24, 2017 7:03 PM EST

1. Dunmer

2. Everything else

10. Argonians

Lizard people, man. They freak me out. 

• 457 posts
    February 24, 2017 7:44 PM EST

1. DUNMERRRRRRRR!

2. Argonian

3. Imperial

4. Altmer

5. Breton

6. Khajiit

7. Orsimer

8. Bosmer

9. Redguard

10. Nord

Funny thing is, though I have no rational reason for this ranking... I'll die defending it!

Actually, let's just leave it at 'I have no rational reason for this ranking' xD

• 122 posts
    February 24, 2017 8:00 PM EST
    Hrngh! That's impossible for me. I'll go by which races I find most fun to play purely for race, instead of mechanics.

1. Orc, because nothing says fun gaming than being everyone's enemy as soon as you take off your helmet.

2. Bosmer, for how fascinating and underrated their lore is.

3. Imperial, for being the well-traveled, bardic displomat.

4. Bretons, for their unique nature and seemingly endless conflicts.

5. Redguards, because I really want to like their lore. It's just weird.

6. Dunmer. They're a little too rigid and morally ambiguous for my tastes, but their lore is interesting.

7. Khajiit. I wish I liked them more, but I've not been enamored by their lore.

8. Argonian, because I find them a little too alien, regardless of how cool they are.

9. Altmer, whose culture I find rather elitist and distasteful in Skyrim. Slightly better in ESO.

10. Nord, because they really don't have enough fun lore. Even Skyrim is most interesting when it gets away from the modern Nords and focuses on the ancient, dead ones or the races disappeared millennia ago.

I actually PLAY Orcs very rarely, because they excel in melee roles, which I seldom enjoy. Once I put one behind a bow, though? Whoah nelly does Berserk ever turn into Beast Mode for archers.
    This post was edited by Mercurias at February 24, 2017 8:08 PM EST
    • 321 posts
    February 24, 2017 8:09 PM EST
    1. Altmer
    2. Dunmer
    3. Redguards
    4. Bosmer
    5. Breton
    6. Khajiit
    7. Imperial
    8. Argonian
    9. Nord
    • 321 posts
    February 24, 2017 8:09 PM EST
    1. Altmer
    2. Dunmer
    3. Redguards
    4. Bosmer
    5. Breton
    6. Khajiit
    7. Orsimer
    8. Imperial
    9. Argonian
    10. Nord

Ignore the first post. This is my actual list.

This post was edited by A-Pocky-Hah! at February 24, 2017 8:11 PM EST
    • 295 posts
    February 24, 2017 8:39 PM EST

1. Tied; the Superior, Auri-El loving, pole up their arse, magick-users and Elven awesome that became Harbinger of the Companions in the first era & Big Bearded milk-drinking, Cow-humping, Lorkhan lovers - may their conflict reign forevers!

2. The group that comes out of Malacath's hairy, stinky armpits. Tusk ya! I find them charming!

3. Barenziah's race. Where the women just sleep around with eveyrthing that moves and then they live in mushrooms. STILT-RIDERS!!

4. The Skooma dealers, where a cat as big as a house can fooook with a house cat and get something that stands on two legs, looks like an elf and is alive.

5. Only the Colovian part. Niba--wha? TOMATOES!!

6. Tree-hugging Cannibal Hippies. NOM, NOM, NOM, spinning around and around. Wait, that's Avatar. ;)

7. I hate sand, it's coarse and gets in everything, CURVED. SWORDS. And gods on crack. 

8. Argonian werewolf biologists that drink tree crack and lay eggs and also seem to foook a lot of things. 

9. What I play when I want to power game on Legendary. And petty kingdoms, lots of petty kingdoms, and vampire clans. And crazy people who run around the cold mountains in their fur underwear and rip out hearts of their warriors and replace them with bulbs, and foooook hagravens. 

There ya go, my list. I really don't dislike any of them though. All have their charm and their great lore. 

• 3 posts
    February 24, 2017 9:44 PM EST
    1. High Elf.. Because what she said above!!
    2. Benton (Only because there are no true generic
    half elfs)
    3. Wood Elf
    4. Redgaurd (My fake Half Wood Elf [Brenton]
    come from here.)
    5. Imperial
    6. Orsimer (this is a recent occurance!)
    7. Nord
    8. Khajit
    9. Argonian
    10. Dunmer

And Lissette, what eeeevvvaaa it is your smoking I want some!!! LMAOOOOO!!!
    And No. 4. on your list is named "fluffy".
    • 87 posts
    February 24, 2017 9:48 PM EST

Argonians
    Nords
    Imperials
    Dunmer
    Khajiit
    Bosmer
    Altmer
    Breton
    Redguard
    Orsimer

• 87 posts
    February 24, 2017 9:50 PM EST

Lissette Long-Chapper said:

8. Argonian werewolf biologists that drink tree crack and lay eggs and also seem to foook a lot of things. 

Is that a jab at something... or someone

• 295 posts
    February 24, 2017 10:45 PM EST

Ingdow said: Dunmer And Lissette, what eeeevvvaaa it is your smoking I want some!!! LMAOOOOO!!! And No. 4. on your list is named "fluffy".

Actually that's Mr. Buttons to you. 

:D

I am currently on wine. 

• 627 posts
    February 24, 2017 10:59 PM EST

1. Altmer, better known as the Superior, it's in the name so it only makes sense that they are number 1

2 -10. Everything else.

• 558 posts
    February 25, 2017 12:16 AM EST
    At least some of you look at the facts and accept that Altmer are the master race and that Bretons are dumb.
    • 122 posts
    February 25, 2017 1:06 AM EST
    Altmer are, in most ways, the min/max-ter race, especially in Skyrim where their magical weakness was taken away, leaving them with no real weaknesses aside from it taking them a long time to fit into pure warrior or thief builds.

Bretons can be turned into a number of total cheese-whiz builds, which I tend not to enjoy more than occasionally. They're basically what happens if a thief has babies with a Mage.
    • 367 posts
    February 25, 2017 3:59 AM EST

Howled it before and I'll howl it again.

What's with the list of ten races when there are only three?

1 Argonians

2 Werewolves

3 Everyone else........

This post was edited by Sotek at February 25, 2017 4:00 AM EST
  • Tom
    • 624 posts
    February 25, 2017 5:19 AM EST

My selection of character races are based solely on role playing criteria.

1-2. Dunmer, Nord. They're basically tied. Freaking love them both and everything about 'em.

3-8. Altmer, Bosmer, Breton, Cyrodiil, Orsimer, Redguard. All tied for, "meh, when I'm in the mood."

9. Khajiit. I don't like playing beast-folk in any setting, but their mannerisms are endearing.

10. Argonian. If I'm going to play a furry, I'd prefer a mammal. They're also too alien for me to be able to really role play.

Werewolves also suck because furries are degenerates and I've had werewolves ruin TES D&D games. Vampirism ftw.

This post was edited by Tom at February 25, 2017 5:20 AM EST
    • 113 posts
    February 25, 2017 5:44 AM EST
    1. Dragons
    2. Nords
    3. Wood Elves
    4. Imperials
    5. Bretons
    6. Dark Elves
    7. High Elves
    8. Redguards
    9. Orcs
    10. Argonians
    Note: I hate cats.
    • 367 posts
    February 25, 2017 5:59 AM EST

Werewolves also suck because furries are degenerates and I've had werewolves ruin TES D&D games. Vampirism ftw.

Ha!! Like Vampires have any table manners....

• 140 posts
    February 25, 2017 7:54 AM EST

1. Dunmer

2. Argonian

3. Nord

4. Breton

5. Imperial

6. Bosmer

7. Altmer

8. Khajiit

9. Orsimer

10. Redguard

5 and 6 are a toss-up, but I think I prefer Imperials to Bosmer, if only slightly (I like Romans, too). 8, 9, and 10 are also really close, but that's probably only because I've started taking an interest in Khajiit and Orcish lore recently (Still need to brush up on Redguards a bit). In fact, only the first three are unlikely to change.

I should probably just point out, that if Bethesda ever makes Sloads playable, they'd be right up there with Dunmer. Don't ask why, I just love 'em!

• 2 posts
    February 25, 2017 9:33 PM EST

1. Kha'Jiit

10. Those other ones

• 77 posts
    February 26, 2017 4:13 PM EST

Hmm, let me see...

1. Orsimer - lore to get your tusks into
    2. Tied between Breton and Imperial, have two characters for each
    3. Nord - ancient tombs and carvings which bear further investigation
    4. Khajit - special ninjing powers
    5. Remainder of the Mer (Albee is okay), Argonians and Redguard