Forums » Elder Scrolls

What's the Funniest Thing that Happened to You in Skyrim?

• 743 posts
    February 21, 2017 11:45 AM EST

Skyrim; the beautiful land is full of mystery and strife. Since 2012, Skyrim has given me some of the fondest memories I've had for video games. From learning that giants could launch me 500 feet in the air to dragons spinning out of control, it has always had its humorous charms. What was the funniest experience you've ever had in Skyrim? Was it with a friend, or by yourself? A glitch, or something that was intended to be hysterical? 

Mine was when I was still relatively new to Skyrim. My uncle had introduced it to me, and he's pretty much a legend at Elder Scrolls in general, specifically, Skyrim. So I go to spend the night at his place, and we stay up playing Diablo 3 and Skyrim. I had created a Khajiit assassin that had a ridiculous fondness for the Dark Brotherhood. My uncle's watching as I play, and we get to the scene where you need to spy on Cicero. After waiting in the coffin and hearing the Night Mother ramble, I exited the crypt as normal. After telling Cicero the whole mantra about the Night Mother's words and arguing with him, he finally believes you. After I selected the last line of dialogue, I remember Cicero breaking out of nowhere and dancing like a fucking loon. It was my first time noticing it, and my uncle and I laughed over it way too much. 

It's the small things about Skyrim that I enjoy :p

• 457 posts
    February 21, 2017 12:08 PM EST

One playthrough I was continually haunted by a dragon I killed earlier in the game--everytime I'd fast travel or come out of a dungeon its skeleton would drop right out of the sky, land in front of me, and just jiggle around... a reminder of the fruits of my former (and continued) violence. xD

• 295 posts
    February 21, 2017 1:34 PM EST

Funniest thing for me, oh man. I have a lot. Skyrim is a funny game. 

1. First character marries Marcurio and they settle at Lakeview. Then Marcurio is kidnapped by bandits. My Bosmer archer rescues him and then he gets the walking backwards bug very bad. He also starts sleeping under the bed and then walking on the bed. I simply assume that the bandits did... uh... things to him. 

2. Any time Barbas pushes me to my death. :D

3. A moment when the Freelancer had calmed an entired dungeon and she and Derk just walked by. Oh and once when I turned that stupid challenger wizard dude into a shower of gold. And then again when she turned the draugr overlord at Bleak Falls into a dremora. That build had a lot of funny moments. 

4. Every time I fire up Mr. Buttons. 

• 694 posts
    February 21, 2017 2:55 PM EST

ShinJin said:

One playthrough I was continually haunted by a dragon I killed earlier in the game--everytime I'd fast travel or come out of a dungeon its skeleton would drop right out of the sky, land in front of me, and just jiggle around... a reminder of the fruits of my former (and continued) violence. xD

Haaaaa. This EXACT same thing happened to me, but it was only when I'd come out of Lakeview Manor. Almost every time without fail, the skeleton would drop literally right on my doorstep. I'd blast it down the hill with fireballs because I just HATED having it as a lawn ornament! xD

This post was edited by Edana at February 21, 2017 2:56 PM EST
    • 39 posts
    February 21, 2017 10:24 PM EST

Recently me and a friend were just screwing around. So we summoned 10 elder dragons, 10,000 bandit chiefs, and 200,000 Lydias.  After a lot of slashing and hacking (tgm included ;). What can I say we were level 3), there was only me and the thousands of Lydias. I decided this wasn't enough so I placed 100,000 more. I waited a few hours. "Sometimes...SOMETIMES, you just wanna go to Dragonsreach." Instant crash as 300,000 Lydias were all packed into Dragonsreach.

• 585 posts
    February 22, 2017 4:26 AM EST

RuinedCrown said:

Recently me and a friend were just screwing around. So we summoned 10 elder dragons, 10,000 bandit chiefs, and 200,000 Lydias.  After a lot of slashing and hacking (tgm included ;). What can I say we were level 3), there was only me and the thousands of Lydias. I decided this wasn't enough so I placed 100,000 more. I waited a few hours. "Sometimes...SOMETIMES, you just wanna go to Dragonsreach." Instant crash as 300,000 Lydias were all packed into Dragonsreach.

I'm surprised the game didn't crash with all those dragons on screen, let alone the fighting. You must have a godly PC, sir.

The funniest thing for me is the first time I got to Sovngarde (which I actually did quite late, mid 2012ish). I was walking along, almost to Tsun, when an Imperial crossed my path. I was a Stormcloak, so that was a little awkward, but I carried on. Moments after I turned around and Alduin dive bombed the guy, flew him up into the air and dropped him. That guy really couldn't catch a break.

• 140 posts
    February 22, 2017 6:32 AM EST

I'd have to give my funniest moment to the first time I used the full three-word Unrelenting Force Shout. I was at Greenwall Keep, and remember shouting the one archer clean off his tower right down to the ground.

Then a realised Draugr could do it too...Let's just say that was a bit less fun (But still pretty funny!).

• 39 posts
    February 22, 2017 9:05 AM EST

Zonnonn said:

I'm surprised the game didn't crash with all those dragons on screen, let alone the fighting. You must have a godly PC, sir.

I may not, but my friend does. I don't know his specs, but the 10 dragons just slowed it down to about 15 fps. lol

• 457 posts
    February 22, 2017 3:21 PM EST

Caesar said:

Then a realised Draugr could do it too...Let's just say that was a bit less fun (But still pretty funny!).

THAT drives me absolutely crazy (especially when it's a Deathlord archer with an ebony bow, I'm rolling with 100 health, and I can hear the arrows pinging all around me... "Up! Up! UP, curse you! UUUUUUPPPPP!").

For me, those are the worst moments of the game, and they happen more often than I care to admit xD

• 457 posts
    February 22, 2017 3:25 PM EST

Edana said:

I'd blast it down the hill with fireballs because I just HATED having it as a lawn ornament! xD

Wish I'd thought of that!

I'd just hop around it and be on my merry (that is until my next dungeon sprawl--there he is again upon my exit, like a faithful dog... a faithful, dead, jiggly dog xD)

• 122 posts
    February 22, 2017 3:57 PM EST
    I had a very fun, gimicky Skyrim build as a Lycanthropic Redguard sword-and-board fighter augmented with Alteration and Alchemy. One of my favorite tricks on him was using Slow Time, Disarming Bash, and Telekinesis to knock a weapon from an enemy's hand and zoom it across the room. Unfortunately, I once pulled this trick on a bandit chief with a sword, and his response was to grab a nearby war hammer and CLOBBER me with it when I thought I was safe to take a second and recast Ebony Skin. Hoisted by my own petard. I laughed for days.
    • 5 posts
    March 24, 2017 11:16 PM EDT

Back when i first started playing with mods, i really messed up...

I was testing Better Vampires and turned all of Solitude into my own minion-town. I left town to do some questing and sort of forgot about it again... until I returned to town. It was night time when i arrived and the first thing i heard was ''you're mine!'' So naturally i thought : great another random vampire attack :D

However, When I turned around I saw a litttle nord girl yelling ''leave me alone! go away!'' followed by about 20 angry vampires yelling ''you're mine! can't hide from me! you call yourself a warrior?! skyrim belongs to the nords!'' running through the entire city... since she's a child, she couldn't die and since they're randomly pissed... they were just going on for ever... 

I felt sorry for the little girl, but it was crazy funny! xD

• 25 posts
    March 25, 2017 11:08 PM EDT

The dialogue says it all...

• 127 posts
    May 6, 2017 5:22 AM EDT

Running around transmuting iron and silver into gold, Mila Valentia runs up and asks me to make her invisible.  Sure thing kid, sure.  Double cast lightning rune, and Adrienne Avenici dies right next to us caught in the explosion.  The Alikr at the gate finally catches up to me and starts rabiting on while the guards are coming at me, so I cast fury on the Alikr and some guards and run out of town.  When I came back later there were still bodies on the ground, and vampires and cultists both wanted to join in the party.  In the end, there were about eleven dead bodies lying around, and all the loot was mine.  Whilst in the middle of looting, I'm stopped and killed by a band of Hired Thugs.

• 15 posts
    May 19, 2017 5:00 PM EDT

Once I was outside Whiterun it was night and it had one of the ambient songs playing on the background.

I was so hypnotized by the majesty of the scenery while all of the sudden a mamoth fells from the sky and stands like nothing happening only for after 30 seconds to die . I couldnt believe what was happening lol