Forums » Introduce Yourself

Ahoy! Build-pirate here!

• 2 posts
    February 8, 2017 11:19 AM EST

Hey all, I've been lurking for a few months, pirating your builds and loving every minute of getting reacquainted with Skyrim. This site is responsible for my "lost winter of 2016-2017" because all of your themed builds have sparked my imagination :)

I've made some fun builds of my own but I doubt I will ever post one of them since I use quite a few mods, including Ordinator which greatly alters the perks trees.

Anyway, I just wanted to say 'hi', and thank you for all of your creativity and time putting together and posting your builds.

- AlanEsh

• 694 posts
    February 8, 2017 12:55 PM EST

Welcome, AlanEsh! Glad you've been enjoying the builds here, and have gotten lost exploring Skyrim again. As you might imagine, that's pretty much our favorite thing to do here. :D

But truthfully, I'm even more thrilled that you decided to join the community here too! I hope you decide to post some of your own someday. We always love sharing playstyles and ideas with one another. We absolutely allow modded builds, so don't let that stop you from posting! You can always choose to give a required AND recommended mod list for a build. Just a thought. :)

• 585 posts
    February 8, 2017 1:35 PM EST

Ahoy!

I'd definitely recommend posting your build, mate, mod builds are getting more accepted everyday and I for one am interested in how big overhauls like that change the gameplay of a build.

• 1595 posts
    February 9, 2017 3:52 AM EST

Welcome AlanEsh, I like that avatar! Edana and Zonnonn have you covered. Thank you for the thank you :) and for taking the time to say hi. Get stuck in, don't be shy, contribute your own projects without fear.

• 2 posts
    February 9, 2017 3:16 PM EST

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Phil, the avatar is Illyana / Magik from the X-men/New Mutants, in case you were curious and could not tell.

I'm sure I'll post a build one day; who knows, maybe it will be an adaptation of Illyana with her demon bodyguard and her soul sword ;)

Currently I'm enjoying a pretty standard Nord warrior with two-handed sword, light armor, and no magic perks aside from enchanting and alchemy. He's been a challenge to play at times; but he's level 37 now and has reached what might be the peak of his power in relation to his leveled enemies.

Happy Skrimming!

• 1595 posts
    February 10, 2017 3:58 AM EST

I did not know the source of the avatar, so thanks for telling me :) I will look that up as I am clueless to be fair! :D

As for your current playthrough, you say it is pretty standard but each character is unique. Sometimes the best aspects of a build are the roleplay elements and the character's worldview. Never be afraid to share your inspirations - the site is built on that :)

This post was edited by Paws at February 10, 2017 4:01 AM EST