Forums » Fallout

Calling All Sole Survivors

• 152 posts
    February 6, 2017 9:29 PM EST

I've been following TamrielVault/theSkyrimBlog for about 4 years now; during this whole time I was, of course, following all of the super popular Skyrim content. During that time I didn't have an account or anything, until recently when I finally officially joined. However I had already dropped Skyrim and instead became rather interested in our lovely Fallout group. There's only one thing: I feel like we're still too small. I love this game and this group and I would love to see us grow to the size of the Skyrim group. It's tough simply because of the reputation Fallout seems to have against it by those who simply havent given it a proper chance. But I'd love for any and all Fallout members to brainstorm ideas to get us growing. A great example is the Comic Book event that Noodles created  which sparked up a lot of interest. Heck even doing simple things like taking more time to read content, like it, and comment our thoughts will surely help growth and ecnourage the production of content as well as make our group more enticing to newcomers.

I apologize if I sound crazy or if this comes across as a rambling, but truthfully I see potential in this group and want to spark up growth in any way possible. Any insight would be tremendous! Thanks guys!

• 133 posts
    February 6, 2017 10:21 PM EST

Hey MaddMannatee!

First off, seeing this kind of enthusiasm makes me damn happy. I love seeing anyone show that kind of enthusiasm for Fallout, especially someone who has been lurking for years and years. You're right about a lot of things you say up there, namely that Fallout needs some love on this site. You're also right that Fallout CB's event is great! I personally am not participating, but the activity over there is awesome. However, Fallout Hub has been drier than a thirsty Courier's tongue lately. So know that whatever gets put in this thread, I'll be keeping it on my mind. 

There are also tons of things you can do to promote Fallout activity right now! Reading Fallout CB's, liking and commenting criticisms or just general comments is one super easy one. Another would be to read through the lore articles on the Lore Archives in the Hub. There are a couple of gems in there, namely Borom and Edd's work. Reading through roleplay profiles is also really fun, and might even give you some ideas of your own. 

Then, there is the harder stuff. Do you have an interest in part of the lore that you don't see represented in the archives? Write an article! Or do you have a favorite character for any of the games that you just need to share? Then write a roleplay profile. You can find the rules for posting those stickied on the front page of the Hub. 

Thanks for the show of enthusiam man!

• 152 posts
    February 6, 2017 10:35 PM EST

ProbsCoolerThanYou said:

Hey MaddMannatee!

First off, seeing this kind of enthusiasm makes me damn happy. I love seeing anyone show that kind of enthusiasm for Fallout, especially someone who has been lurking for years and years. You're right about a lot of things you say up there, namely that Fallout needs some love on this site. You're also right that Fallout CB's event is great! I personally am not participating, but the activity over there is awesome. However, Fallout Hub has been drier than a thirsty Courier's tongue lately. So know that whatever gets put in this thread, I'll be keeping it on my mind. 

There are also tons of things you can do to promote Fallout activity right now! Reading Fallout CB's, liking and commenting criticisms or just general comments is one super easy one. Another would be to read through the lore articles on the Lore Archives in the Hub. There are a couple of gems in there, namely Borom and Edd's work. Reading through roleplay profiles is also really fun, and might even give you some ideas of your own. 

Then, there is the harder stuff. Do you have an interest in part of the lore that you don't see represented in the archives? Write an article! Or do you have a favorite character for any of the games that you just need to share? Then write a roleplay profile. You can find the rules for posting those stickied on the front page of the Hub. 

Hey man we all gotta pitch in to this site at some point, and it's served me well for 4 years! I'm excited to give back! You know, just because you mentioned it, I'll find something lore related to contribute to the Hub and check out some work there as well. I hope others will do the same. 'Tis time to inject a stimpak into the Fallout Group! :p

• 133 posts
    February 6, 2017 10:47 PM EST

MaddMannatee said:

ProbsCoolerThanYou said:

Hey MaddMannatee!

Hey man we all gotta pitch in to this site at some point, and it's served me well for 4 years! I'm excited to give back! You know, just because you mentioned it, I'll find something lore related to contribute to the Hub and check out some work there as well. I hope others will do the same. 'Tis time to inject a stimpak into the Fallout Group! :p

Awesome! If you need any help, use one of the threads in the Hub or message me

• 248 posts
    February 6, 2017 11:56 PM EST

Thanks for taking the time to rally the troops Madd! We are a small but enthusiastic bunch. And always happy to have new faces pitch in. The hosts and Elder Coucil are constantly thinking of new ways to engage and make the site more firendly and easier to use. Maybe  one thing you could help with is simply telling us how you feel the new site is functioning? Is it easy to find things? Is help available? Is the content unique? That sort of thing. 

Looking forward to seeing you around and seeing that new build of yours!

• 1595 posts
    February 7, 2017 12:27 AM EST

Love it! Some great content coming from you these last few days. Motty and Noodles are the Fallout CB Hosts, ProbsCooler is the Fallout Hub Host - these guys will have your back ;)

I'd say don't forget sceenshots, art, videos (didn't a patch just get released?). Art and Screenshots are always nice to see, just choose the Share to Main Page category to get them in the photo reel. Three per day, spam over a week! :D

Above all, don't let things grind you down Mannatee, you are doing really well and Rome wasn't built in a day, but your discussions are getting some good responses so far, delightful to see.

• 152 posts
    February 7, 2017 7:33 AM EST

Mottyskills said:

Thanks for taking the time to rally the troops Madd! We are a small but enthusiastic bunch. And always happy to have new faces pitch in. The hosts and Elder Coucil are constantly thinking of new ways to engage and make the site more firendly and easier to use. Maybe  one thing you could help with is simply telling us how you feel the new site is functioning? Is it easy to find things? Is help available? Is the content unique? That sort of thing. 

Looking forward to seeing you around and seeing that new build of yours!

Awhile back Edana messaged me and got my opinion on the site, but now that I've been around longer I can probably provide better info and insight. Do I make a post of it or just message someone? Thanks Motty, you've been extremely helpful in keeping me motivated for this site!

• 152 posts
    February 7, 2017 7:34 AM EST

Phil said:

Love it! Some great content coming from you these last few days. Motty and Noodles are the Fallout CB Hosts, ProbsCooler is the Fallout Hub Host - these guys will have your back ;)

I'd say don't forget sceenshots, art, videos (didn't a patch just get released?). Art and Screenshots are always nice to see, just choose the Share to Main Page category to get them in the photo reel. Three per day, spam over a week! :D

Above all, don't let things grind you down Mannatee, you are doing really well and Rome wasn't built in a day, but your discussions are getting some good responses so far, delightful to see.

Hey I do love some game screenshots, I'll gladly throw somethinng in there. Thanks for the encouragement Phil

• 248 posts
    February 7, 2017 11:12 AM EST

Speaking of Screenshots - the Armor Catalogue could use regular posts!

• 152 posts
    February 7, 2017 12:58 PM EST

Mottyskills said:

Speaking of Screenshots - the Armor Catalogue could use regular posts!

I got you fam, I'll get some later tonight. Full day of work and school for me today