Forums » Introduce Yourself

• 6 posts
    January 20, 2017 2:01 PM EST
    Hi guys! (and gals). I found this place looking for ideas on character builds for skyrim. I'm big into role playing my characters. Most recently my daughter and I created a Bosmer and Khajiit. We switch back and forth between the two. I play on console. I'm new here (obviously). Any help navigating the pages and other things are greatly appreciated. Thanks for welcoming me into your ranks!
    • 1595 posts
    January 20, 2017 3:09 PM EST

Thanks for taking the time to say hi :) Pleased to meet you, Willythehippie. If you're big into RP then you are most certainly in the right place. The Character Building Hosts have recently started a discussion on Roleplaying so please feel free to join in. Also, we have a whole group dedicated to the subject with lots of things to get involved with there, from posting a profile of your characters to reading and making guides. Don't be shy :) If you need help navigating or are looking for something in particular I can most certainly do my best to help. Alternatively, any of the other admins will always be happy to respond.

What console are you on?

• 6 posts
    January 20, 2017 4:47 PM EST
    Thank you so much. I really appreciate it. I play on the 360. I haven't had a chance to upgrade to next generation but when I do I will be getting the remastered edition.
    • 1595 posts
    January 20, 2017 9:14 PM EST

The 360 is a solid platform! Up until I got TES remastered I had been streaming from 360 to laptop using Smartglass app. It was very handy for taking screenshots. If you have a set up like that then it would be cool to see you and your daughter's Bosmer and Khajiit.

• 6 posts
    January 20, 2017 11:02 PM EST
    I wish I had a setup like that. No laptop unfortunately (Also a lack of knowledge). I've always wanted to share my stuff and stream. I know my daughter would love it too. Is setting up for streaming and stuff easy?
    • 1595 posts
    January 21, 2017 4:13 AM EST

Ha, not for me it isn't :D With the 360 I never tried to livestream like Twitch. I only ever streamed to my laptop using the Smartglass app but that was connected through the Xbox One (a fact i just rememebred, apologies). That was easy, just downloaded the app and it detected my console.

However, if the 360 has a Twitch app, you may be able to stream and upload those to Youtube. Or, see if you can get the 360 version of Smartglass from the app store on your computer/phone. In theory you should be able to control the 360 from your windows device, maybe take screenshots like that.

Man, out of my depth here I am afraid, sorry! But am happy to run some tests if you like :)

• 585 posts
    January 21, 2017 7:01 AM EST

Man, playing with a family member would be great, no one I know plays Skyrim anymore so it's now impossible for me.

Welcome, Willy, I hope to see you around Roleplaying some time, I'm interested to know what you and your daughter has come up with!

• 694 posts
    January 21, 2017 4:24 PM EST

Welcome to the community, Willy! Glad to have you with us. My siblings also play, and we have some fun discussions bouncing ideas off one another. :) If you need any help finding anything or just have a question, don't hesitate to reach out. 

This post was edited by Edana at January 21, 2017 4:25 PM EST
    • 6 posts
    January 22, 2017 1:03 AM EST

Phil said:

Ha, not for me it isn't :D With the 360 I never tried to livestream like Twitch. I only ever streamed to my laptop using the Smartglass app but that was connected through the Xbox One (a fact i just rememebred, apologies). That was easy, just downloaded the app and it detected my console.

However, if the 360 has a Twitch app, you may be able to stream and upload those to Youtube. Or, see if you can get the 360 version of Smartglass from the app store on your computer/phone. In theory you should be able to control the 360 from your windows device, maybe take screenshots like that.

Man, out of my depth here I am afraid, sorry! But am happy to run some tests if you like :)

No, no no. I couldnt ask you for something like that, I'm actually looking into it myself. I greatly appreciate it.

• 6 posts
    January 22, 2017 1:09 AM EST

Zonnonn said:

Man, playing with a family member would be great, no one I know plays Skyrim anymore so it's now impossible for me.

Welcome, Willy, I hope to see you around Roleplaying some time, I'm interested to know what you and your daughter has come up with!

I love playing with her. She's only six but I let her make all the choices of the characters. We have a blast and it's really interesting to see how she handles the encounters of the world. Especially when it comes to moral delimmas. Sometimes it really shows what kind of person she's going to grow into. Thanks! I'm excited to get involved in the role playing. It's definitely been a long while since I've gotten into some good role playing but I'm hoping it all comes back to me. Just like riding a bike right?

This post was edited by Willythehippie at January 22, 2017 1:11 AM EST
    • 6 posts
    January 22, 2017 1:20 AM EST

Edana said:

Welcome to the community, Willy! Glad to have you with us. My siblings also play, and we have some fun discussions bouncing ideas off one another. :) If you need any help finding anything or just have a question, don't hesitate to reach out. 

Thanks Edana! I'm glad to be here. That's fantastic. I've been exploring the place and I'm starting to figure out my way around but I will definitely ask if I need it.