Forums » Support

A little query...

• 3 posts
    December 14, 2016 5:07 AM EST

Don't know where to ask this so I am just playing it safe and post a thread here on your support section...

I just wanna know if the builds you can create for Skyrim or any game listed here are only for vanilla (unmodded) games or can I make one using mods? if yes then where should I post those kinds of builds?

if no, then that's ok guess I'll have to make a new character from scratch playing in the vanilla base game...thx in advance ^^

This post was edited by arpaschad at December 14, 2016 5:26 AM EST
    • 585 posts
    December 14, 2016 5:18 AM EST

Mod builds are allowed, but pretty rare so we don't see a lot. The archives has a tag for it (can't get to it now, but I believe it's just #Mods), so its definitely allowed.

• 3 posts
    December 14, 2016 5:26 AM EST

wow that was quick... so where should I post it? I should just search for that tag?

• 585 posts
    December 14, 2016 7:52 AM EST

arpaschad said:

wow that was quick... so where should I post it? I should just search for that tag?

Ha, I try my best.

It's fine to post a Skyrim mods build in the Skyrim CB group, so you don't have to post it anywhere special. And I just checked, and putting #Character Build Mods will get it in the archives, but if you read the description of that tag, it's only for builds that heavily rely on mods. How much is your build going to use them? And might I suggest posting it in the Workshop as well, just to confirm any other doubts?

• 3 posts
    December 14, 2016 8:22 AM EST

Zonnonn said:

arpaschad said:

Ha, I try my best.

It's fine to post a Skyrim mods build in the Skyrim CB group, so you don't have to post it anywhere special. And I just checked, and putting #Character Build Mods will get it in the archives, but if you read the description of that tag, it's only for builds that heavily rely on mods. How much is your build going to use them? And might I suggest posting it in the Workshop as well, just to confirm any other doubts?

The primary mods I am gonna be using are Ordinator perk overhauls with spells from Apocalypse Magic, Lost Grimoire and Forgotten Magic...and maybe using Live Another Life alternate start mod for other roleplaying angles...since most of the spells and perks used are quited overpowered, this guide requires playing on Expert difficulty or higher to balance it out...there's just so many builds I can derive from that perk Overhaul and many roleplay possibilities with it that I am itching to make... I'll be back after a week to finish playing my current build hopefully I can finish it because even if those spells are overpowered I am still getting one shotted by some bandits at master expert difficulty ^^ thanks for the replies guys!