Forums » Elder Scrolls

Romlyn Dreth: The Unluckiest Guy of All Time

• 743 posts
    December 21, 2016 6:08 PM EST

So we have another tie between a and d. Anyone wanna break it?

This post was edited by Rogue at December 21, 2016 6:09 PM EST
    • 104 posts
    December 22, 2016 3:55 AM EST

Come on guys break the tie, lets get the next instalment.

• 113 posts
    December 24, 2016 11:04 PM EST

Uh, kill the scalebacks (D)

• 743 posts
    December 25, 2016 12:07 AM EST

"You filthy lizards are over, men; slit their throats!" you, the legend Romlyn Dreth order your men. Notably surprised, the lizards quite shockingly accept their fate and don't fight back. Your men kill all of the lizards, apart from Blackclaw, that is. The remaining argonian kneeled almost motionless, in utter shock of his men dying before him.

"You should have never crossed a Dreth, bitch." you taunt at him

"I now see that, and I'm sorry for doing this. Is there any way you can let me go? I swear I'll never cross you again!" the lizard begged

"I'm afraid not. I made a promise of having a new pair of scale boots for the New Life Festival, and I intend to keep it." you reply

"Curse you! Curse you tho your thirteenth generation!" Blackclaw spouted

You, the legend Romlyn Dreth, pull out a steel dagger and slit the lizard's throat wide open. You order your men to collect his hide, and you craft it into a new pair of scale boots. A week after the battle, the New Life Festival begins in Skyrim. You and your men celebrate by getting profusely drunk with mead while you sport your brand new boots. It's a lovely time right now, and your gang intends to celebrate for a bit. However, you can't ignore on what your gang will do after the festival. Not that it matters now, you have plenty of time to decide!

"A toast to the arrival of the New Life Festival, and to the health of the legendary crime lord, Romlyn Dreth!" Maul yells to the crowd

They chant your name after toasting their ale, and you get drunk more than you've ever been in your entire life.

I'll be taking off for Christmas and New Years. Expect a new post a day or two after January 1st. Take your time voting, Merry Christmas and Happy New Years!

A)Kill those wussy assassins

B)Attempt to bring Riften into your grasp by eliminating the Thieves Guild

C)Cry in celebration

D)Continue to bolster your ranks by recruiting more thugs

This post was edited by Rogue at December 25, 2016 12:08 AM EST
    • 261 posts
    December 25, 2016 6:03 AM EST
    A) The time has come for a reckoning!
    • 295 posts
    December 25, 2016 6:45 AM EST

C) Cry in Celebration, though to me it'll probably be more like Cry because he's hung over. 

• 43 posts
    December 25, 2016 8:08 AM EST

B) Take over Riften and use it as a base to create you own empire in Skyrim.

This post was edited by NoOneIsHear at December 25, 2016 8:08 AM EST
    • 12 posts
    December 26, 2016 11:08 PM EST

B) Make Riften your bitch!

• 585 posts
    December 27, 2016 7:59 AM EST

I'll be different and vote D. The TG could be Dreth's opening to the DB, as they seem to have at least interacted in the past, and making a small but powerful guild like the TG a vassel could be very useful to pin blame on or use as a scape gpat if shit hits the fan.

• 104 posts
    January 2, 2017 6:19 AM EST

B for me, I'd almost forgotten about this,

• 743 posts
    January 5, 2017 4:40 PM EST

You, the legend Romlyn Dreth, wake up with a hangover that feels as if it came from Oblivion! You quickly get up and notice your men, all of whom seem to share your terrible headache.  After surveying the scene, you go to grab your handkerchief and have a daily crying session early. As you reach down, you notice it's no longer there! None of your belongings are with you. You ask your men if they were playing a prank on you, but then learn that the entire gang was robbed. Rolled Up Nirnroot has been attacked by someone! After talking with some of your men, one says he remembers an ugly Nord with red hair, and some odd accent, asking how Rolled Up Nirnroot was doing. "Wait, ugly red hour Nord? It's that bastard from the Ratway I bet!", you say to yourself. You storm off alone towards the ratway, to go tell that red head bitch who's fucking daddy. You enter the cistern to see thieves rejoicing. There that horrendous red head sits drinking an ale that you're about to make him choke on.

"Oy ya redheaded step child, you got a fuckin problem stealing my gang's shit?" you say to ginger

"Calm down, mate, we just thought we'd show you who's the boss of Riften." Name's Brynolf he replied

"I don't give a shit what your name is you soulless twat. I want all of my shit back or we're gonna have a problem."

"Listen, I'll give you two options. Either leave Riften with your entire gang, or we'll steal all the skooma plus profits from you until you leave."

You, the legend that is Romlyn Dreth, decide to...

A) Bitch slap Brynolf

B)As Thane of Riften, tell the jarl you'd like for them to deal with the Thieves Guild

C)Cry

D)Leave Riften with Rolled Up Nirnroot and make a new hold your home

Usual two-day voting period. Glad to be back from break!

This post was edited by Rogue at January 5, 2017 4:40 PM EST
    • 104 posts
    January 6, 2017 4:14 AM EST

The thieves have huge backup and I doubt the Yarl would do very much, so A bitch slap Brynolf, restart negotiations and bargain a deal with him

• 585 posts
    January 6, 2017 5:34 AM EST

Same as Bonelord, slap that red head like the arse he is. Thieves are too scared of confrontation to do anything back, anyway (well, that's what Romlyn should tell himself).

• 43 posts
    January 6, 2017 8:33 AM EST

A) Slap him back to the 3rd era.

• 694 posts
    January 6, 2017 8:48 AM EST

A) Bitch slap Brynjolf! Cheeky tusker. xD

• 295 posts
    January 6, 2017 8:55 AM EST
    C) Cry

Serves him right for getting drunk. :P
    • 12 posts
    January 6, 2017 7:00 PM EST

A) Brynyolf picked the wrong Nirnroot, this one doesnt only glow....it bitchslaps back ten fold!

• 261 posts
    January 7, 2017 4:24 AM EST

A) Death before dishonor! Plus, the bastard deserves it.

• 12 posts
    January 7, 2017 6:53 PM EST

Oh, god I love this!

A) Do it!

• 743 posts
    January 9, 2017 12:39 PM EST

Apologies for not updating Saturday, I've had a few personal as well as techinical issues keeping me from logging onto the Vault. Next chapter will be uploaded today.

• 104 posts
    January 9, 2017 5:30 PM EST

Don't be to hard on yourself man, you do great things here, this thread alone has the whole Forum buzzing

• 12 posts
    January 9, 2017 9:55 PM EST

I agree with Bonelord. I got more invovled with this badass website because A) it is awesome B) this bad ass story C) Skyrim got consoled. I appreciate the time spent on making members more involved and I feel like I'm only hitting the tip of the iceburg.  There is sooooo much depth to this website, I never leave unsattisfied.  So thank you Rogue for making this site even more amazing than it already is.  Play on my vatos :)

• Cry
    • 1 posts
    January 27, 2017 11:32 PM EST
    C) Cry

"You, the legend that is Romlyn Dreth, decide to cry."
    • 743 posts
    July 19, 2017 2:31 PM EDT

You run your hand across the ugly ginger's head with as much force as you can muster (which is obviously too much to handle). Brynolf looks at you; "You fucked with the wrong guild, mate" the now livid man says. Knowing that you've got this, you swaggishly reply "Not the first time I've heard that!". As soon as you manage to deliver your response, you quickly are upturned and have a new view over the dingy and dark ceiling of their sewer. You ravish in your exquisite use of the word "ceiling" in your head for the description of a sewer and then think back to the present. Ugly ginger hair is in your face, and all you feel is what feels like the force of a rock pounding against your skull. 

He's officially fucked up, daring to attack the mighty Dreth. You gather as much force as humanly possible and throw a beautiful left jab that your pop taught you when you were 5. As it goes across the redhead's head, he staggers back and gives you time to react. You lunge like a tiger, so tiger-like that a Khajiit would have been proud. As you find yourself on top, you begin to throw even more left jabs! So many left jabs that you lost count! In the midst of your blaze of glory, Brynolf shoves you sideways and onto your back, and commences to beat you with his weak haymakers. And while they were weak, he connected many times. Even though they were wussy strikes they managed to break your nose and give you two black eyes. 

"That was a message from the guild. Don't expect to have your goods for much longer, either." Brynolf says to you in a winner's tone. You spit on the ginger's face because you do whatever the hell you want, and Brynolf lands one last uppercut, effectively knocking you out. You wake up at your guild's hang out. "How dare they insult the mighty Romlyn Dreth" you think to yourself. You gather both Maul and Durge to convene a plan to get rid of the guild before they rob all of you blind. "It must be tonight! We can't give them time to strike first!" Maul suggests. Dirge agrees and the two men give you different ideas to approach this new nemesis. 

A)Attack during the night, with as many men as you can muster

B)Camp at the Dibella shrine, your stronghold, and wait for the thieves to come out

C)Go in there yourself and kill Mercer

D)Run away

Three day voting period. Let's get this rolling again.

• 261 posts
    July 19, 2017 2:36 PM EDT

RogueSilver said:

You run your hand across the ugly ginger's head with as much force as you can muster (which is obviously too much to handle). Brynolf looks at you; "You fucked with the wrong guild, mate" the now livid man says. Knowing that you've got this, you swaggishly reply "Not the first time I've heard that!". As soon as you manage to deliver your response, you quickly are upturned and have a new view over the dingy and dark ceiling of their sewer. You ravish in your exquisite use of the word "ceiling" in your head for the description of a sewer and then think back to the present. Ugly ginger hair is in your face, and all you feel is what feels like the force of a rock pounding against your skull. 

He's officially fucked up, daring to attack the mighty Dreth. You gather as much force as humanly possible and throw a beautiful left jab that your pop taught you when you were 5. As it goes across the redhead's head, he staggers back and gives you time to react. You lunge like a tiger, so tiger-like that a Khajiit would have been proud. As you find yourself on top, you begin to throw even more left jabs! So many left jabs that you lost count! In the midst of your blaze of glory, Brynolf shoves you sideways and onto your back, and commences to beat you with his weak haymakers. And while they were weak, he connected many times. Even though they were wussy strikes they managed to break your nose and give you two black eyes. 

"That was a message from the guild. Don't expect to have your goods for much longer, either." Brynolf says to you in a winner's tone. You spit on the ginger's face because you do whatever the hell you want, and Brynolf lands one last uppercut, effectively knocking you out. You wake up at your guild's hang out. "How dare they insult the mighty Romlyn Dreth" you think to yourself. You gather both Maul and Durge to convene a plan to get rid of the guild before they rob all of you blind. "It must be tonight! We can't give them time to strike first!" Maul suggests. Dirge agrees and the two men give you different ideas to approach this new nemesis. 

A)Attack during the night, with as many men as you can muster

B)Camp at the Dibella shrine, your stronghold, and wait for the thieves to come out

C)Go in there yourself and kill Mercer

D)Run away

Three day voting period. Let's get this rolling again.

It's aliiiiiiiiiive! *cackling lightning and maniacal laughter*

I vote option A. For the glory of Rolled Up Nirnroot, and the mighty Dreth name!