Forums » Elder Scrolls

Romlyn Dreth: The Unluckiest Guy of All Time

• 743 posts
    December 10, 2016 12:09 PM EST

NoOneIsHear said:

RogueSilver said:

NoOneIsHear said:

B) Start your own branch of the Camonna Tong in Skyrim.

No idea what that is, but it sounds pretty sinister.

The Camonna Tong is the Dark Elf version of the Thieves Guild, only with lots more brutality and drug dealing.

So basically a modern day gang?

• 43 posts
    December 10, 2016 12:13 PM EST

Thats a deacent comarison, here is the UESP link.

• 743 posts
    December 10, 2016 2:44 PM EST

The Dreth family is superior to all, but you still decide that it's pretty pointless to go against a full gang of Argonians without any help. Romlyn Dreth approaches the iron clad thug, and asks him 

"Are you for hire?"

"I think you need to go to Haelga's bunkhouse if that's what you're asking." The nord replied

"What in Oblivi... oh, oh, not in 100000 years ya bag of bullocks!"

"Oh, you mean mercenary work. Sure, I think I can oblige, if you've got the money, that is."

"I'm not looking for just one mercenary, I want a gang to help me take out an entire clan of Argonian thugs. You know anyone else?

"My brother Dirge may be interested. He's not afraid to get his hands dirty, and he's been needin' the coin."

"Dirge? What kinda name is that? No matter, how much do you need to work for me?", you curiously replied .

"1,000 septims. " The man came up with on the spot.

"Well, then, welcome to the gang. I'm Romlyn Dreth, the legend himself " You happily tell to the nord.

"Maul, nice doin' business with ya, Romlyn."

After sharing a rolled up Nirnroot for a few minutes, Maul reveals to you that there is a mage inside of the Bea and Barb looking for work as well. He's extremely skilled, but he's also asking for 8,000 septims as a hire fee. Dirge, his brother, may have a few thug friends who are undoubtedly less skilled than the mage but still hire for only 1,000 gold a piece. While trying to add up this horrendous math, you also realize you need a name for your gang! After thinking about a cool name, you came up with a few cool options. Now, time that the mighty Romlyn Dreth go and pay someone a visit....

Two votes for this post; first is the name of Romlyn's gang, the other is who he chooses to hire.

A) Rolled Up Nirnroot

B)Dreth Almighty

C)Cry Clan

D) Deathknights of Oblivion

A)Hire Dirge and 3 of his friends

B)Hire Dirge and the mage

C)Cry

D)Hire that guy that was just passing through in Riften.

• 261 posts
    December 10, 2016 2:48 PM EST
    A, in honor of your first minion- I mean follower, and B, because the Dreth don't cut corners.
    • 295 posts
    December 10, 2016 4:38 PM EST

C) because he will make his enemies cry, hence the name Cry Clan 

&

C) because I think you should create an NPC badass and name her Cry.

• 43 posts
    December 11, 2016 5:41 AM EST

B) for both

• 743 posts
    December 11, 2016 12:41 PM EST

B is in the lead for the second vote, no current frontrunner for the first vote. 

• 28 posts
    December 11, 2016 1:01 PM EST

Double A's for this one

• 51 posts
    December 11, 2016 1:35 PM EST

A and A. What good is a gang if it's not made up of a bunch of thugs? 

• 585 posts
    December 11, 2016 3:22 PM EST

This might be the hardest choice yet, well, the second one is anyway, A all the way for the first one.

While it would be cool to get a gang feel going with A, B is appealing because a mage could really make things interesting. Hmmmm...

Yeah, I'm going with AA, its time to get a proper ragtag gang going.

• 743 posts
    December 11, 2016 6:16 PM EST

"Rolled up Nirnroot!, perfect!" the legend Romlyn Dreth says to Maul. Now, time for you and your new minion to go and recruit some new additions to the gang. As you make your way down the ratway, you encounter a weird dude with these furry gloves. He attacks you, but the mighty Romlyn Dreth dodges his blow and sets him on fire. A true Dreth, you are. You pick up his gloves to see that they're glowing with some sort of enchantment. Not sure what they'll do, Romyln puts them on because they look cool as hell. 

Finally, you arrive at the Ragged Flagon! It's dark and dingy, but there's plenty of thugs in here. As you make your way towards the tavern, you see an old blonde dude with a fake accent give you a death stare. "Is he gay?" you think to yourself. After pondering such a thing, you approach the big guy wearing leather armor, who Maul goes ahead and points out as his brother.

"I'm the legendary Romlyn Dreth, great great great great +10 grandson of the hero Valen Dreth. I know, it's an honor for you to see me yadayadayada. Anyways, I've got gold, and I need you to join our gang." you proudly tell the rather intrigued thug.

"I suppose I can help out, as long as you're payin' good." he replies.

"Yeah, I am. Now, I could use a few of your buddies to help."

"Here, I know all of these guys, I'll get em' rounded up for ya, boss."

"Great, that will make it much easier to interview them." Romlyn suggests

"Uh, interview? Not sure what that means, but sure."

As Dirge gets his friends rounded up, you notice they all are rather built. Good, they'll be perfect to go against those lizards. After interviewing what seemed like a hundred thick brained nords, you end up with 31 new additions, plus Dirge and Maul. You decide to put the two brothers as the command over the grunts, and you will be the leader over everyone.

"On the count of three, scream 'Rolled Up Nirnroot!" you yell to your new gang.

"ROLLED UP NIRNROOT"

"WHO'S THE BEST GANG EVER?" you ask

"ROLLED UP NIRNROOT."

"WHO'S MUMS ARE WE GONNA SMASH?" you yell to the excited crowd

"THE LIZARDS."

"WHO ARE WE GONNA KICK THE SH-" 

"Oy, go find ya own place to yell that rubbish mate." an  ugly redhead interrupts you.

As your new gang exits the sewers, you decide to make your new hideout at....

A)The weird cave near the Shadow stone

B) Where it all began, the divine statue in the alleyway

C)Cry because you can't find a better hideout than what's available

D)As Thane of Riften, ask for a royal hideout from the jarl

Voting period will end at 2 p.m. tomorrow EST. Sorry it's not 24 hours, but I'd have a schedule conflict if I did it later in the day.

This post was edited by Rogue at December 11, 2016 6:20 PM EST
    • 295 posts
    December 11, 2016 6:30 PM EST

At some point he will cry... C

• 261 posts
    December 11, 2016 7:29 PM EST
    A. Because really, it's the perfect place for a gang! Not like there's stuff already there, right?
    • 51 posts
    December 11, 2016 8:39 PM EST
    B, because there's significance behind it.
    • 28 posts
    December 12, 2016 12:13 AM EST

A, they're better than the Nightingales thus they deserve it more

• 43 posts
    December 12, 2016 8:25 AM EST

B)

• 743 posts
    December 12, 2016 11:32 AM EST

Lissette Long-Chapper said:

At some point he will cry... C

You know he's already cried, right?

• 743 posts
    December 12, 2016 11:33 AM EST

Tenebrous said: A. Because really, it's the perfect place for a gang! Not like there's stuff already there, right?

Hopefully those Nightingales won't mind :p

• 743 posts
    December 12, 2016 11:34 AM EST

Blooded said: B, because there's significance behind it.

That's one of my favorite options :)

• 743 posts
    December 12, 2016 11:35 AM EST

Hannibal said:

Wouldn't it be weird if we saw that weird stranger that was just passing through go in the hideout with that ugly redhead?

• 743 posts
    December 12, 2016 11:36 AM EST

NoOneIsHear said:

B)

Nostalgia ftw

• 585 posts
    December 12, 2016 2:02 PM EST

31! That's a lot of muscle, I didn't even know there were that many people in Riften. For my vote, I second C, I wonder how his gang of thugs will handle their leader breaking down in tears... Cuddlefest, anyone?

RogueSilver said:

Hannibal said:

Wouldn't it be weird if we saw that weird stranger that was just passing through go in the hideout with that ugly redhead?

I thought the Thieves Guild would pop their head up eventually, but this isn't exactly how I expected it.

• 743 posts
    December 12, 2016 2:05 PM EST

Zonnonn said:

31! That's a lot of muscle, I didn't even know there were that many people in Riften. For my vote, I second C, I wonder how his gang of thugs will handle their leader breaking down in tears... Cuddlefest, anyone?

RogueSilver said:

Hannibal said:

I thought the Thieves Guild would pop their head up eventually, but this isn't exactly how I expected it.

Just a hint, Zonn. Never take what I suggest seriously when it comes to this forum game. It's much more interesting when I screw around and throw random ideas out there :)

• 743 posts
    December 12, 2016 2:07 PM EST

So we've got a tie between B and C. Might have to upload the next update later tonight if the deciding vote isn't cast within the hour

• 585 posts
    December 12, 2016 2:25 PM EST

RogueSilver said:

Zonnonn said:

RogueSilver said:

Just a hint, Zonn. Never take what I suggest seriously when it comes to this forum game. It's much more interesting when I screw around and throw random ideas out there :)

Don't worry, if I ever need to remind myself, I'll just need to see that 'Cry' option. Seriously, though, that option can never go :P