Forums » Elder Scrolls

Legendary Skill Trees and Your Roleplaying Character...

• 64 posts
    November 8, 2016 6:24 PM EST
    So I just started playing the new special edition last night. Nothing serious, just mucking around, using console commands, and discovering the legendary skill tree change. At first I was immediately just plain "Oh it just resets? That's really lame, no extra bonus?", but after some thought I feel like this is really good especially for those really in depth rp characters I know you all have.

One of my favorite character builds I find on this site was the Fallen Hero. The Imperial soldier who looses his ally in combat and slowly let's his grief consume him. I feel the legendary skill tree change can give him more options to those willing and able to grind him through.

I know I'm going to attempt it with a support/healer character who becomes a necromancer. (Absolute cliche Liliana Vess story line, amirite?)

Are you guys thinking the same? If not what do you think of the skill line change in general?
    • 71 posts
    December 27, 2016 6:47 PM EST

That's an interesting take on it; I always avoided it on my rp characters, but this gives me some ideas.

• 8 posts
    January 10, 2017 4:45 PM EST

I have this character, North-Wind, who is a master pickpocket. And during gameplay, I was playing a mod called Rigmor of Bruma and in this mod, you are kinda her bodyguard. But North-Wind was not actually able to protect her so I made Pickpocketing legendary (third time at that point but I was just giving perk points back in Pickpocketing before) and give all the perks I got from it to Light Armor, Block and One-Handed. It was not planned before or anything. In RP sense, Eden decided to put his criminal past behind and focused on using his abilities as a warrior. This is what made the North-Wind character whole. 

Needless to say, it was an amazing gaming experience. 

This post was edited by Ryokoichi at January 10, 2017 4:48 PM EST
    • 1 posts
    April 3, 2018 10:04 PM EDT

I have a "47 Oculatus" character:  last of 47 Penitus Oculatus betrayed and seeking revenge.

Character starts as a conjurer "summoning" the other 46 to fight with him once again, but he is also working the Advanced Atronach Stone up to 90-100%.  This applies a similar 90-100% failure to cast a summons, thus making it harder and harder for our hero to conjure his allies as the game progresses.

Eventually, he cannot summon any longer.  Legendary Skill for conjuring is appropriate here.

Roleplay-wise, our hero slowly loses his sanity, eventually becoming a hollow shell, a demon-man, his soul utterly corrupted by his continued conjuring and use of the Black Star.  But hey, 8 extra points of perk badassery free'd up.

This post was edited by Noisy Ninja at April 3, 2018 10:09 PM EDT