Forums » Elder Scrolls

Favorite Skyrim SE Mods

• 248 posts
    November 18, 2016 10:24 PM EST

Anyone have feedback on "less aggressive animals"? Would it make an animal allegiance heavy build better in any way?

• 1595 posts
    November 19, 2016 4:11 AM EST

My stand-out list so far:

Campfire: Complete Camping System

Frostfall

iNeed - Food, Water and Sleep

Less Aggressive Animals

Project Hippie

Darkness Falls

Book Covers Skyrim - Desaturated

Restorative Candlelight and Magelight (seriously, dual cast that candlelight and tank away)

Chrysamere - The Paladin's Blade

Become a Bard

Lanterns of Skyrim

Relationship Dialogue Overhaul

Black Mage Armor SE

Hold Border Banners

Diverse Guards Skyrim

Semi-Open Guard Helmets

Better Horses

Auto Unequip Shields to Back

Lore-Based Loading Screens

Alternate Start Live Another Life

Mottyskills said:

Anyone have feedback on "less aggressive animals"? Would it make an animal allegiance heavy build better in any way?

I think, yeah. See, most of the time the animals I encounter stand their ground and only bolt when I get close. So by using a bit of meta-gaming and knowing what's ahead, you could potentially get them to follow you into danger better than before. I'd say just try it and test it, it's a wonderful mod on its own merit. If AA enhances it then that's a bonus.

• 1467 posts
    November 19, 2016 4:19 AM EST

Been great on the PS4 so far. Improved Levelled Lists is a nice touch. Makes the world seem more diverse and "full".

Also, I thought the difficulty modifier mods like "No Milkdrinkers" would be cool and it was for a few hours. I miss hacking and slashing through Master/Legendary as it was intended

I'm a big fan of both of these types of mods. I use one for items that basically makes unique items and artifacts only spawn at their highest level (which hopefully will make them decent), the other one is Rebalanced Encounter Zones and Leveled Actors, which basically alters the highest levels of Encounter Zones (which means that you don't become overpowered starting at level 30) and also means that I can run through Bleak Falls and fight about 8 Draugr Wights before I hit level 10, that definitely makes the game a lot more interesting, especially when paired with No Milkdrinker's

Campfire: Complete Camping System

Frostfall

iNeed - Food, Water and Sleep

Less Aggressive Animals

Project Hippie

Darkness Falls

Book Covers Skyrim - Desaturated

Restorative Candlelight and Magelight (seriously, dual cast that candlelight and tank away)

Chrysamere - The Paladin's Blade

Become a Bard

Lanterns of Skyrim

Relationship Dialogue Overhaul

Black Mage Armor SE

Hold Border Banners

Diverse Guards Skyrim

Semi-Open Guard Helmets

Better Horses

Auto Unequip Shields to Back

Lore-Based Loading Screens

Alternate Start Live Another Life

Ugh, I think I get how much better it is to be on Xbox here... Out of them we get some minor ones like Semi-Open Guard Helmets, Restorative Candlelight and Magelight, Lanterns of Skyrim and some of the bigger ones like Darkness Falls and Project Hippie but most of these really great ones just aren't available (mostly Frostfall, Alternative Start and iNeed).

How is Become a Bard by the way? I'd always meant to try it out on PC but just never had a character that would make use of it so I never bothered.

• 1467 posts
    November 19, 2016 4:25 AM EST

So I've been playing with the only real perk change mod that PS4 has at the moment (Better Vanilla Perks for PS4) and it's kind of interesting to play with. My favourite bit is that for some reason (I haven't figured out the logic behind it) is that Lockpicking improves Arrow Recovery now, which is a huge boon to a half Archer character oh and Block adds Unarmed damage which is pretty cool. I'd give it a shot if your on PS4 (and want to try out some other Perk Mods but don't have access to bigger ones like Ordinator) because it does add just a little bit extra to the game. 

• 1595 posts
    November 19, 2016 4:47 AM EST

How is Become a Bard by the way? I'd always meant to try it out on PC but just never had a character that would make use of it so I never bothered.

Very good! Apart from the Burning of King Olaf festival and associated quest in which the heroic Skald Svaknir kicks Olaf's undead arse (and all that wonderful ambiguity of the Numinex saga and the ability to make it up), I always found the Bards College a bit "meh." Now, though, there is a point. Go to inns, play the instruments and earn a few coins and free room. There is a journal which keeps track of your performances too. It's a very good RP heavy mod. Couple it with Frostfall and Darkness Falls it makes you want to find the next inn -  a pleasant change from avoiding them in order to never hear Ragnar the tuskin' Red again! Also, it expands the tunes massively by allowing you to buy songbooks. My character found herself playing Greensleeves on her lute. Now that's a banging piece of classical music and a nice surprise.

So I've been playing with the only real perk change mod that PS4 has at the moment (Better Vanilla Perks for PS4) and it's kind of interesting to play with. My favourite bit is that for some reason (I haven't figured out the logic behind it) is that Lockpicking improves Arrow Recovery now, which is a huge boon to a half Archer character oh and Block adds Unarmed damage which is pretty cool. I'd give it a shot if your on PS4 (and want to try out some other Perk Mods but don't have access to bigger ones like Ordinator) because it does add just a little bit extra to the game. 

Eh, I'm on the wrong machine. Apaart from a few biggies, the massive stuff like Ordinator scare me shitless. I prefer character-defining and immersion mods. Touching perks worries me. Will need to get several hundred hours in before I feel that brave, although I have commited myself to a Syrabane build and try that Phendrix's magic mod next.

• 136 posts
    November 28, 2016 9:35 AM EST

I took the plunge and downloaded Ordinator this weekend. OMG! The choices are a bit overwhelming and there is a steep learning curve in processing the new perks. That said, I see incredible potential in character creation. Particularly, spellswords and restoration builds get a huge buff. Since this mod overhauls the entire perk system, NPCs have the same perks coded into their framework. This really helps keep a good balance. 

• 136 posts
    December 5, 2016 2:49 PM EST

Does anyone have any experience with either Better Vampires or Sacrosanct? I'd love to hear hear your thoughts and advice.

• 224 posts
    January 10, 2017 4:27 PM EST

Mods:

- Combat: Wildcat, Enhanced Blood

- Environment: Climates of Tamriel

- Sound: Sounds of Skyrim, Immersive Sounds Compendium

*By the way, Recently has released SKSE SE!!, I'm waiting for two mods I love since I play Skyrim:

- Your Market Stall

- Deadly Mutilation