Forums » Elder Scrolls

Favorite Skyrim SE Mods

• 1467 posts
    November 7, 2016 8:07 AM EST

So, I don't know about the test of you but I'm 100% digging the mods that Skyrim Special Edition has given me access to. I might just be a PS4 player, but damn are there some interesting mods to try out. I've been on the Mods Page every time I load the game and spending 10-20 minutes just seeing what new mods these amazing creators have for us to try out.

So I wanted to ask you guys, what are your favourite mods for Skyrim Special Edition? 

• 1441 posts
    November 7, 2016 11:31 AM EST

Phendrix's magic mods

• 694 posts
    November 7, 2016 11:51 AM EST

Omg there are so many I'm loving already, it's sort of hard to pick or rank. But probably the standout ones for me right now are Project Hippie, Darkness Falls, and Less Aggressive Animals in particular. There are some cool content mods of course that I like and appreciate, but anything that deepens the immersion for me is something that I'm consistently ranking above content mods that I'll use once or twice and then move on from to try something else. 

Chris said:

Phendrix's magic mods

That said, this one^ is pretty cool too. :)

• 700 posts
    November 7, 2016 12:35 PM EST

Let's check my list...

1. Reverb and Ambiance Overhaul
    2. Better Docks
    3. Better City Entrances
    4. Silver Armory
    5. Silver List Expansion 
    6. Hold Border Banners
    7. Unleveled Items
    8. Let There Be Light!
    9. Project Hippie
    10. Darkness Falls
    11. Realistic Conversations
    12. Supreme and Volumetric Fog
    13. Lanterns of Skyrim
    14. Princess Riverwood Cottage
    15. Basic Spell Scaling
    16. Rebalanced Leveled Lists
    17. Balanced Weights
    18. YOU DON'T KNOW ME - No NPC Greetings
    19. Phenderix Magic Evolved
    20. Less Aggressive Animals
    21. Mortal Wounds: No Health Regeneration
    22. Pack Light: Realistic Carryweight
    23. Go Away Map Clouds!
    24. Lore-Based Loading Screens

• 1467 posts
    November 7, 2016 8:47 PM EST

Phendrix's magic mods

His whole collection or just the main mod that adds the new spells. Personally Phenderix only has one mod that really seems enjoyable. I'm not all that fond of all the OP items (like the Archmage Ring) or the 10 rank Twin Souls perk. Still Phenderix is freaking awesome, I love the Telekinesis Spells it has, they just make magical combat feel just a little bit different. I haven't fully tested out the higher ranked modded spells but so far I've had a shit tonne of fun with it.

Omg there are so many I'm loving already, it's sort of hard to pick or rank. But probably the standout ones for me right now are Project Hippie, Darkness Falls, and Less Aggressive Animals in particular

Project Hippie is defintiely an awesome mod (I love what it does to Riverwood more than anything else) but Darkness Falls caused a few issues with my game so I disabled it. That was a shame because it really made nights feel real to me.

• 1467 posts
    November 7, 2016 8:50 PM EST
    1. Reverb and Ambiance Overhaul
    2. Better Docks
    3. Better City Entrances
    4. Silver Armory
    5. Silver List Expansion 
    6. Hold Border Banners
    7. Unleveled Items
    8. Let There Be Light!
    9. Project Hippie
    10. Darkness Falls
    11. Realistic Conversations
    12. Supreme and Volumetric Fog
    13. Lanterns of Skyrim
    14. Princess Riverwood Cottage
    15. Basic Spell Scaling
    16. Rebalanced Leveled Lists
    17. Balanced Weights
    18. YOU DON'T KNOW ME - No NPC Greetings
    19. Phenderix Magic Evolved
    20. Less Aggressive Animals
    21. Mortal Wounds: No Health Regeneration
    22. Pack Light: Realistic Carryweight
    23. Go Away Map Clouds!
    24. Lore-Based Loading Screens

Huh...I think that's my mod list too :P

They're very similar to mine at least, the only thing I don't have is Silver List Expansion/Silver Armory, but I do have a couple of other house mods (My favourite ones are Fort Gnisis and umm... Ivarstead Manor). How is Silver List Expansion by the way? I thought it seemed to make them a bit more powerful than they really needed to be, but if it balances the weapons out a little bit then I might have to get it. 

• 700 posts
    November 7, 2016 9:03 PM EST

Dragonborn1721 said:

Huh...I think that's my mod list too :P

They're very similar to mine at least, the only thing I don't have is Silver List Expansion/Silver Armory, but I do have a couple of other house mods (My favourite ones are Fort Gnisis and umm... Ivarstead Manor). How is Silver List Expansion by the way? I thought it seemed to make them a bit more powerful than they really needed to be, but if it balances the weapons out a little bit then I might have to get it. 

Honestly, I haven't had a chance to use them yet. I installed it, got to level 10, finally crafted a silver sword, then went to bed. The numbers in the description leads me to believe they will be rather powerful. Judging from the base damage and Fine upgrade damage, silver weaponry seems to follow the same scaling as Steel. If true, that's pretty strong. It just gets +20 base damage and +10 critical damage against:

• Daedra
    • Dwarven Automatons
    • Hagravens
    • Ice Wraiths
    • Magic Anomalies
    • Spriggans
    • The White Stag
    • Wisps
    • Wolf Spirits

So, yeah. Powerful. I'm thinking it'll balance out mid to late game since I'm not leveling Smithing or using enchantments. So it's circumstantial. 

• 136 posts
    November 11, 2016 12:07 AM EST

My list thus far:

1) Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch

2) Frostfall

3) Campfire Complete Camping System

4) Wet and Cold

5) Skyrim Graphic Overhaul

6) Treeslod 23

7) Project Hippie

8) Climates of Tamriel

9) Lanterns of Skyrim

10) Realistic Water

11) Torch Light Expanded

12) Upgradable Silver Weapons

13) Immersive Sounds

14) Realistic Conversations

15) Imprived Gauldur Amulet

16) Oblivious Horses

17) Hold Border Banners

18) Go Away Map Clouds

19) Lore Based Loading Screens

20) Belt Fastened Quivers

21) The Paarthurax Dilemma

22) No Snow Under the Roof

23) Practice Dummys

24) Point the Way

25) Covered Carriages

26) Unique Taverns

• 215 posts
    November 11, 2016 9:39 AM EST

Strange...I'm not seeing that many mods when I click MODS and log in from the SE version. 

• 136 posts
    November 11, 2016 9:45 AM EST

Anyone have experience with the Ordinator Perk mod?

• 641 posts
    November 13, 2016 8:41 AM EST

John LeBlanc said:

Strange...I'm not seeing that many mods when I click MODS and log in from the SE version. 

There are less mods on PS4

• 641 posts
    November 14, 2016 3:54 AM EST

Of course I really love Books Books Books :p

• ACD
    • 13 posts
    November 14, 2016 12:07 PM EST

I have a full blown addiction on Xbox One. I find myself looking at Bethesda.net often.

Early on, decided to only use mods that add immersion or tweak things slightly; I bought Skyrim SE to play Skyrim so I dind't want anything to change the game too much. 

Frostfall/Camping

Updated Weapon Textures

Expanded Smithing

More Alchemy Ingredients

Climates of Tamriel

Belt Fastened Quivers and

Ordinator Perks are the core at the moment.

I know I said I didn't want to add too much to the game but I couldn't help myself downloading the Lord of the Rings weapon mod. Wielding Anduril was too much of a good opportunity to pass up.

• 6 posts
    November 14, 2016 4:23 PM EST
    ACD said:

I have a full blown addiction on Xbox One. I find myself looking at Bethesda.net often.

Early on, decided to only use mods that add immersion or tweak things slightly; I bought Skyrim SE to play Skyrim so I dind't want anything to change the game too much. 

Frostfall/Camping

Updated Weapon Textures

Expanded Smithing

More Alchemy Ingredients

Climates of Tamriel

I know I said I didn't want to add too much to the game but I couldn't help myself downloading the Lord of the Rings weapon mod. Wielding Anduril was too much of a good opportunity to pass up.

Not sure if its on xbone but there was a mod on PC that added the fellowship of the ring sitting around a campfire halfway up the throat of the world, all available as followers. Highly recommended for lotr fans, if xbone even has it.
  • ACD
    • 13 posts
    November 14, 2016 4:34 PM EST

Patriarch said:

I have. An excellent addition. It took me some time to realise what each perk does so I created a test chracter to see some of the options.

There is a lot of room for a number of different class types that the vanilla perks didn't always allow. Spellblade bonuses, unarmed and enhanters for example.

Some of the level 100 perks in the trees are mad! A definite upgrade on the original if you feel like the original didn't allow you a huge amount of freedom.

The only thing I have against it, is becuase of the massive amount of perks in each perk tree, you will really have to plan ahead and specialize or plan on levelling up a lot more that the usual 'level 50' kind of cap.

Hope that helps.

• ACD
    • 13 posts
    November 14, 2016 4:36 PM EST

Jordan said:
    ACD said:

Frostfall/Camping

Updated Weapon Textures

Expanded Smithing

More Alchemy Ingredients

Climates of Tamriel

Not sure if its on xbone but there was a mod on PC that added the fellowship of the ring sitting around a campfire halfway up the throat of the world, all available as followers. Highly recommended for lotr fans, if xbone even has it.

Yeah, I think I have seen that.

I'm also interested in the growing Fellowship followers mod. With expanded followers, I should be able to get the whole Fellowship together - myself being Strider of course.

• 136 posts
    November 14, 2016 4:45 PM EST

ACD said:

Patriarch said:

I have. An excellent addition. It took me some time to realise what each perk does so I created a test chracter to see some of the options.

There is a lot of room for a number of different class types that the vanilla perks didn't always allow. Spellblade bonuses, unarmed and enhanters for example.

Some of the level 100 perks in the trees are mad! A definite upgrade on the original if you feel like the original didn't allow you a huge amount of freedom.

The only thing I have against it, is becuase of the massive amount of perks in each perk tree, you will really have to plan ahead and specialize or plan on levelling up a lot more that the usual 'level 50' kind of cap.

Hope that helps.

Thanks, ACD! I might give it a try and see how it goes. Looking at the number of perks available, I can see why it's importnant to plan ahead!

• 136 posts
    November 14, 2016 4:47 PM EST

ACD said:

Frostfall/Camping

Updated Weapon Textures

Expanded Smithing

More Alchemy Ingredients

Climates of Tamriel

I noticed that you have Climates of Tamriel. Have you tried Vivid Weathers? I keep going back and forth on those two. :D

• ACD
    • 13 posts
    November 15, 2016 1:04 PM EST

I noticed that you have Climates of Tamriel. Have you tried Vivid Weathers? I keep going back and forth on those two. :D

Yes I have tried Vivid Weathers; I found that it just looked too 'cartoony'. Climates of Tamriel just seems more natural to me. I'm using True Storms as well - makes the rain and thunder sounds and visuals so much better.

• 136 posts
    November 15, 2016 1:27 PM EST

ACD said:

Yes I have tried Vivid Weathers; I found that it just looked too 'cartoony'. Climates of Tamriel just seems more natural to me. I'm using True Storms as well - makes the rain and thunder sounds and visuals so much better.

Hmm. I didn't know tha True Storm and Climates were compatible. I imagine you have TS below Climates in the mod order. I use Immersive Sounds and, so far, I really like it.

• 248 posts
    November 15, 2016 8:48 PM EST

Anyone care to share a PS4 only Favorites List?

So far I've only loaded in:

Lanterns and Point the Way

Is Supreme Rain & Fog good or a pain in a$$? 

• 1467 posts
    November 15, 2016 9:24 PM EST

I don't have the time to load up my list right now but there are a few that stood out.

Project Hippie has been mentioned a couple times and has a positive effect on the world. I wouldn't personally run Supreme Rain & Fog because it caused crashes for me (or they stopped happening after I deleted it) but give it a shot, might be a bug they fixed or my massive load order, the effects are pretty awesome though, love walking through a thicker fog.

For more gameplay related stuff, I'm running Forgotten Dungeons (I think that's the name of it) and a mod that adds more Bandit Camps (which might be called More Bandit Camps) which just add more little dungeons to the world, making it a lot bigger seeming. They're all fairly lore friendly seeming and just add more flavour to the world (especially when you run into a camp in the middle of nowhere full of bandits rather than just some flowers).

• 136 posts
    November 18, 2016 2:44 PM EST

Downloaded Magical College of Winterhold last night. It's a great mod! 

• 1467 posts
    November 18, 2016 9:46 PM EST

Downloaded Magical College of Winterhold last night. It's a great mod! 

Oh yeah I love it, just adds a bit of flavour to the otherwise kind of boring College. It's even better now that all of the random clutter has been changed so that they're items rather than just decorations. Just curious, but have you tried any of the mods that alter Winterhold a bit to actually look like it's a ruined Town? I've given...Ruins of Winterhold a shot and it adds just a bit more awesome to Winterhold. Oh, and there's the Midden Expanded (which is an alright mod, adds some interesting exploration to the Midden but nothing really awesome or useful). 

• 490 posts
    November 18, 2016 10:10 PM EST
    Been great on the PS4 so far. Improved Levelled Lists is a nice touch. Makes the world seem more diverse and "full".

Also, I thought the difficulty modifier mods like "No Milkdrinkers" would be cool and it was for a few hours. I miss hacking and slashing through Master/Legendary as it was intended.