Forums » The Lounge

Who's your favorite gaming YouTuber?

• 312 posts
    October 25, 2016 2:05 PM EDT

Me, personally, I love watching TotalBiscuit and NerdCubed (both from the U.K.) for their dry humor.

I'll watch Dodger read some VNs, but that's about it.

Oh, and I've been into MotGames' Planet Coaster videos recently.

• 585 posts
    November 1, 2016 3:50 AM EDT

I was just thinking about posting a similar question to this, good job I checked first.

Many A True Nerd is the only non-Skyrim Youtuber I watch regularly. He's got an upbeat but quite dry comedic style that I love, and the games he covers are usually small indie games, along with Fallout (which I don't watch) and Civilisation (which I do, and is my new favourite series on Youtube). I'd recommend it, Wu, as he collaborates with NerdCubed a lot, and even does a podcast with him.

I used to watch Lets Play, mainly their GTA and Minecraft videos but I really preferred their old stuff. Stopped now, though, as it got a little bland for me and there's only so many time's you can watch an old video.

• 312 posts
    November 1, 2016 8:02 AM EDT

Zonnonn said:

Many A True Nerd is the only non-Skyrim Youtuber I watch regularly. He's got an upbeat but quite dry comedic style that I love, and the games he covers are usually small indie games, along with Fallout (which I don't watch) and Civilisation (which I do, and is my new favourite series on Youtube). I'd recommend it, Wu, as he collaborates with NerdCubed a lot, and even does a podcast with him.

Ah, yes. Many a True Nerd. Heh. I like his stuff, but not as much as Daniel Hardcastle and John Bain's. ^^ Seems like a cool guy, though.

• 585 posts
    November 1, 2016 8:17 AM EDT

He's all I watch nowadays. I thinK I like him more than NerdCubed and the others because he's a little more upbeat and cheery, and his comments about the games he plays are very perceptive. It's actually why I don't watch him play Triple A games ike Fallout much, his love and interpretations of quirky stuff is what makes him entertaiing.

• 312 posts
    November 1, 2016 8:22 AM EDT

Zonnonn said:

He's all I watch nowadays. I thinK I like him more than NerdCubed and the others because he's a little more upbeat and cheery, and his comments about the games he plays are very perceptive.

Do you, or have you, watched InTheLittleWood (Martyn from Yogscast)?

This post was edited by WuYiXiang at November 1, 2016 8:22 AM EDT
    • 585 posts
    November 1, 2016 8:39 AM EDT

Back when I used to frequent NerdCubed I saw some of the GTA collabs they did, but I wasn't that interested so that's all I've seen of him. Should I watch him? I've been needing some more people to watch.

• 113 posts
    November 1, 2016 8:39 AM EDT
    TheRadBrad
    • 312 posts
    November 1, 2016 10:30 AM EDT

Zonnonn said:

Back when I used to frequent NerdCubed I saw some of the GTA collabs they did, but I wasn't that interested so that's all I've seen of him. Should I watch him? I've been needing some more people to watch.

I enjoy his stuff to an extent. Definitely one of the more upbeat YouTubers.

Sindeed said:

TheRadBrad

Who?

This post was edited by WuYiXiang at November 1, 2016 10:30 AM EDT
    • 215 posts
    November 1, 2016 11:12 AM EDT
    Me. But not really. I watch Quill18, Dastactic and MarcusArelius regularly. Nerdstalgic was another I like but he dropped off the grid for a while and hasn't don't any games of interest to me since his return.
    • 700 posts
    November 1, 2016 1:03 PM EDT

Many A True Nerd is the only youtuber I watch anymore. He's the only one I've been watching for about a year and a half! He's made me enjoy games I never would have given a passing glance because he's so thoroughly passionate about everything he does. He taught me what it means to appreciate the little things in games! 

• 585 posts
    November 1, 2016 1:43 PM EDT

Legion said:

Many A True Nerd is the only youtuber I watch anymore. He's the only one I've been watching for about a year and a half! He's made me enjoy games I never would have given a passing glance because he's so thoroughly passionate about everything he does. He taught me what it means to appreciate the little things in games! 

I never thought I'd find another MATN fan, but now I've found two (sort of, if Wu counts). His passion is contagious, isn't it? Him marvelling at the little touches indie developers put into their games is really endearing, and has made me appreciate that kind of thing as well. I think I started watching at the same time as well, was it Fallout that brought you to him as well? It's funny that that's what brought me to him, but I've only just started watching because I was worried about spoilers (literally today I started the J Sawyer FO:NV run, as I don't think I'm gonna play NV again, and it's brilliant).

• 700 posts
    November 1, 2016 3:39 PM EDT

Zonnonn said:

Legion said:

I never thought I'd find another MATN fan, but now I've found two (sort of, if Wu counts). His passion is contagious, isn't it? Him marvelling at the little touches indie developers put into their games is really endearing, and has made me appreciate that kind of thing as well. I think I started watching at the same time as well, was it Fallout that brought you to him as well? It's funny that that's what brought me to him, but I've only just started watching because I was worried about spoilers (literally today I started the J Sawyer FO:NV run, as I don't think I'm gonna play NV again, and it's brilliant).

Yep! Someone on here pointed me to his You Only Live Once playthough of FO3 and I haven't stopped watching him since. The J Sawyer playthrough is great, you'll love it. He shows off some special things in almost every video. I know he actually just started an SSE playthrough, but I don't think I'll watch that for a while. I don't want to watch, realize he has a way cooler character than I do, then get caught up in the vicious cycle of restartitis. 

• 585 posts
    November 1, 2016 5:38 PM EDT

Yep! Someone on here pointed me to his You Only Live Once playthough of FO3 and I haven't stopped watching him since. The J Sawyer playthrough is great, you'll love it. He shows off some special things in almost every video. I know he actually just started an SSE playthrough, but I don't think I'll watch that for a while. I don't want to watch, realize he has a way cooler character than I do, then get caught up in the vicious cycle of restartitis. 

Don't worry, I've seen it and he's not intending to make a permanant series, just explore the little things the remaster has added. I find that I can't really enjoy it, though, I guess I'm too well-versed in the game to watch someone tell me about stuff I already know, even if his delivery is amazing. It's probably I'm having a hard time starting his FO3 series(s), I feel too connected to the game. His Civ 6 series is very entertaining, though, so I'd definitely recommend that.

• 312 posts
    November 1, 2016 6:21 PM EDT

Zonnonn said:

Yep! Someone on here pointed me to his You Only Live Once playthough of FO3 and I haven't stopped watching him since.

I started watching with his FO:NV You Only Live Once series.

• 4 posts
    November 3, 2016 12:24 AM EDT
    The Game Grumps are by far my favorite gamers on YouTube because they A. Stopped me committing suicide by helping me realize that being sad is transient and that it is so much more preferable to be happy, and B. That there content is some of the best fun I've had on the internet.
    • 5 posts
    November 3, 2016 5:33 AM EDT

Funny enough, even if all the youtuber I watch (even if in most case I just listen to them while doing something else) are English speaking ones for most things comics and movies related, for all gaming stuff they are all French...

Only Honest Game Trailer I watch from time to time, because bitching about games you did'nt played most of the time is funny... and it's funnier when you actually did played them

• 87 posts
    November 3, 2016 4:50 PM EDT
    I pretty much only watch gaming Youtubers who play Skyrim. My favorites are Gopher, CouchWarrior, Brodual, Fudgemuppet and hodilton. Out of these my favorite is probably CouchWarrior.
    • 1 posts
    January 5, 2017 9:10 AM EST
    Hell yeah I watch Couchwarrior as well lol and the rest of those mentioned as well
    • 1483 posts
    January 5, 2017 9:15 AM EST

Petard is hilarious, of Skyrim/FO4 players his is the only channel I watch. And of course I'm subscribed to blog member channels and watch their build videos when they go live :)

• 312 posts
    January 5, 2017 4:03 PM EST
    Oh, I'm sure all these responses are nonbiased and totally not because CouchWarrior is here. (jkjk)
    • 127 posts
    May 16, 2017 5:29 PM EDT

It's kinda weird finding this thread now.  I've been watching Many A True Nerd for the last few months now, and his SSE playthrough is hillarious in that it is so darned frustrating to watch, what with his complaining at his flame atronach for not tanking and wandering up to Shearpoint without a clue.  And I remember finding CouchWarriorTV before I'd seen any other Let's Plays around; Erinyes Arcana is to this day one fo the most immersive Let's Plays I've ever had the pleasure of watching.

That said, I've lately been watching The Geek Cupboard play Fallout 4 only using explosives, and it is one of the funniest series I've ever encountered.