Forums » Elder Scrolls

Skyrim Remastered

• 18 posts
    October 22, 2016 3:00 AM EDT

Several YouTubers have recently gotten early access to the Skyrim Special Edition and have begun making videos showing off the new graphics - and the one comment that repeats itself over and over and over is:

It looks exactly the same

The gorgeous landscape we saw in the trailers seems to have disappeared and what we are left with is a minor increase in graphics with the only noticeable improvement being the depth of field.

I'll leave the links to the videos so you can see what I'm talking about:

outsidexbox

Fudgemuppet

- But what's very strange is that Camelworks looks absolutely incredible as does the second gameplay trailer.

I'd like to hear your thoughts on this - is Skyrim Special Edition just a minor increase in graphics or is it the beautiful remaster that Bethesda promised us?

• 558 posts
    October 22, 2016 11:24 AM EDT

This video shows the difference between PS3 and PS4. PS3vPS4

Camelworks slowed down and showed off the depth of field effect, while no one else has. You also have to remember that the remaster will be 60 FPS compared to 30, which will make a big impact on the game.

• 6 posts
    October 22, 2016 1:02 PM EDT
    Maybe the most noticeable improvements are only for the updated ps4? I forget what's its called, is that update out yet?
    • 4 posts
    November 2, 2016 9:51 AM EDT

It's got better graphics for definite. Compared with the PS3 version the draw distance has been greatly improved. The game graphics are also much more stabile which means the graphic generate properly. The textures are much better than before.

I think the the game looks beautiful but I guess if you're a PC player and have been using the updated mods and such then it shouldn't be too surprising to see only a marginal improvement in the game graphics.