Forums » The Lounge

A Most Tenebrous Project

• 261 posts
    October 12, 2016 9:12 PM EDT

Hallo, people of the Tamriel Vault! After much procrastination and frustration, I'm finally going to go ahead and reveal my little writing project, seeing as how fellow TV member Mortiferous has done the same. The project, with the tentative title "Fabulas de Tenebris" ("stories about the dark" or, less literally, "stories of darkness") is a collection of multiple short horror stories, written in an eloquent style inspired by H.P Lovecraft (and sharing some of his themes). The cool part is, I fully intend to publish and sell my work, so when it's complete I'll be posting a link to purchase the finished product. In addition, this thread will serve as a "progress meter" of sorts, both to let people know how much is left before completion and to motivate me to not constantly throw away every thing I write, and actually get this done. My goal is to have a combined word count of around 40,000 words, which with my usual story length means anything between 14 to 20 stories, which means I've got a ways to go.

Anyhoo, thanks in advance for your interest, and I hope you'll enjoy Fabulas de Tenebris when it's ready!

Story List:

#01-The Sealed Puppet (Done)

#02- Jester in the Night (WiP)

#03- The Pelagic Killers (WiP)

"I have seen the dark universe yawning,

Where the black planets roll without aim.

Where they roll in their horror unheeded,

Without knowledge or lustre or name."

H.P Lovecraft, "Nemesis"

This post was edited by Tenebrous at December 1, 2016 11:57 AM EST
    • 312 posts
    October 12, 2016 9:43 PM EDT
    Wow, the number of aspiring (and published) writers on this site is mind-boggling.
    • 261 posts
    October 21, 2016 8:37 AM EDT

WiP story #2 added!

• 261 posts
    October 24, 2016 5:53 PM EDT

WiP Story #1 is now in editing! Though I may change things here and there (or throw it out if I or my editor realize it's crap), the bulk of the writing is done.

And yes, I have an editor. :P

• 261 posts
    December 1, 2016 11:27 AM EST

This isn't dead! Just letting everyone know.

• 261 posts
    December 1, 2016 11:57 AM EST

WiP story #3 added!