Forums » General Gaming

The "Create a Poem for my Character" Thread

    • 1452 posts
    October 2, 2016 12:52 AM EDT

    ShinJin said:

    Tenebrous said:

     He watched the Worm Cultists burn his home with his father inside....And therein began his true adventures, for he soon escaped, and joined the Pact as he had once planned, though now his goal was to personally bash in Mannimarco's head, and avenge his late father.

    Ash, smoke, and sparks mask

    The moonlight till all is dark--

    Till all is vengeance.

    Greatness! Perfectly atmospheric Shin :)

    • 1452 posts
    October 2, 2016 1:38 AM EDT

    Soon, he was sacrificed to Molag Bal, losing his soul. And therein began his true adventures, for he soon escaped, and joined the Pact as he had once planned, though now his goal was to personally bash in Mannimarco's head, and avenge his late father.

    Molag Bal's curse, against Arkay's might

    A quenchless thirst, a life of night

    A bloodline diverse, born of spite

    From Lamae the first a ceaseless blight.

     

    A Dunmer mage paid the price on the day his father died

    Denied this gift yet sacrificed, his soul taken from inside.

     

    Yet Darath Amodran came to terms

    The son of a netchiman's goal reaffirmed

    Sole survivor of his clan, to rid the world of Mannimarco's germs

    Setting out with sword in hand, he pitted himself against the King of Worms.


    This post was edited by Paws at October 2, 2016 1:40 AM EDT
    • 202 posts
    October 2, 2016 3:19 AM EDT

    Here's something written in the Old Days, before the Great Sunder, by Axius Revan for the Shao'kai. :)

    • 224 posts
    October 2, 2016 7:59 AM EDT

    @ShinJin Rajhin story! Rather short, but I like how it came out. Enjoy!

     

    The Lost Journal of Rajhin

     

    Ian S, McClure

     

    My time is short. The Ring is gone, like a spurned lover in the night. My enemies, who are legion, all vie for my head. The life of a masterful thief such as I has its downsides, yes. But even as my hand trembles as I write this final entry, I smile, for—in fame or notoriety—I will go down in the history of my people. And what better way to outlast death itself?

     

    In the end, I have no regrets. It has been a good life, thriving off of the misfortunes of others. At first, I was content with what could be called “normal” thievery. Pickpocketing, mugging, and burglary were my trade, and I am happy to say that even at that young age, I was damned good at my trade. But my life changed forever when I burglarized a temple. There was a woman there, dressed in black robes, and on her hand was the most exquisite ring. I knew immediately that I must have it. And so, with my years of experience, I stole the Ring from her hand. She never even noticed—or, perhaps, she did, and did not mention it. After all, it is very difficult for Daedra (as the other races call such spirits) to not notice such things, even if they are in disguise. In any event, what I do know is that that Ring is the key to my success, and the catalyst for my doom.

     

    This Ring, you see, was magical. When I wore it, I was faster, less visible, more silent, and could steal things others could not. Since that fateful day, I learned that Mafala—she who was disguised as the black-robed woman—made the Ring, though for what purpose I cannot say. What I can say is that with it, my ambitions soared, like Khenarthi on the winds. No longer would I be content with mere gold and trinkets! No longer would I be content with stealing from the common rabble! No, I acquired a taste for finer, ever more challenging pursuits.

     

    Many are the spoils I have obtained in this life. From Mafala, I also stole the black blade of Ebony, which served me well until it began whispering to me, at which point I gave it back. From Hermorah, I obtained the Book that Knows, and with the knowledge therein now in my mind, I gave it back. From Azurah, I took the Shining Star, but realized it was useless to me, and so I gave it back. Indeed, all of the great treasures I have obtained with the Ring's magic, I gave back. I was beyond greed now—only the challenge was important.

     

    And then, the day came when I realized that life had grown stale, boring. Oh, I could steal a tattoo from an Empress' neck, or other great treasures from the nobles of Tamriel, but it was no longer challenging. I made the decision, then, to give back the one treasure I had left. The Ring was returned to Mafala, and I became vulnerable to the many foes I have angered in my life. But that is good, for all things end. I only wonder what the Khajiit will remember me as. A vile villain? A mighty thief-hero? Perhaps even a god? That would be amusing. But in the end, I am no god. I am simply a Khajiit who was damned good at his trade.


    This post was edited by Tenebrous at October 2, 2016 7:59 AM EDT
    • 224 posts
    October 2, 2016 8:02 AM EDT

    Phil said:

    Molag Bal's curse, against Arkay's might

    A quenchless thirst, a life of night

    A bloodline diverse, born of spite

    From Lamae the first a ceaseless blight.

     

    A Dunmer mage paid the price on the day his father died

    Denied this gift yet sacrificed, his soul taken from inside.

     

    Yet Darath Amodran came to terms

    The son of a netchiman's goal reaffirmed

    Sole survivor of his clan, to rid the world of Mannimarco's germs

    Setting out with sword in hand, he pitted himself against the King of Worms.

     

    Oooh, nice! Though I should mention that Darath isn't a vampire, so the first paragraph is a bit confusing to me. But I really like the poem as a whole. Really good stuff.

  • October 2, 2016 2:48 PM EDT

    Singularity

    A breeze ripples shades,
    as the shadow of the Sun fades,
    chill air, a lovers touch
    on sun drenched skin.

    Eyes half closed
    I float,
    treading upon a tide of blissful shivers,
    rippling like waves

    Distant stars and city lights
    the beating heart of the metropolis
    as a universe collapses within.
    Laboured breath
    gives way to pleasure's voice unfettered.
    My mind unrepentant,
    as velvet is tipped.

    -Halfdan

     

     

    Idk, if someone needs a love poem :D


    This post was edited by Halfdan the Black at October 2, 2016 2:49 PM EDT
    • 224 posts
    October 2, 2016 3:15 PM EDT

    Halfdan the Black said:

    Singularity

    A breeze ripples shades,
    as the shadow of the Sun fades,
    chill air, a lovers touch
    on sun drenched skin.

    Eyes half closed
    I float,
    treading upon a tide of blissful shivers,
    rippling like waves

    Distant stars and city lights
    the beating heart of the metropolis
    as a universe collapses within.
    Laboured breath
    gives way to pleasure's voice unfettered.
    My mind unrepentant,
    as velvet is tipped.

    -Halfdan

     

     

    Idk, if someone needs a love poem :D

     

    I like it! Was this inspired by a character posted here, or one of your own? Or did you find inspiration elsewhere? Either way, I think this is pretty nifty.

  • October 2, 2016 3:18 PM EDT

    Tenebrous said:

    Halfdan the Black said:

    Singularity

    A breeze ripples shades,
    as the shadow of the Sun fades,
    chill air, a lovers touch
    on sun drenched skin.

    Eyes half closed
    I float,
    treading upon a tide of blissful shivers,
    rippling like waves

    Distant stars and city lights
    the beating heart of the metropolis
    as a universe collapses within.
    Laboured breath
    gives way to pleasure's voice unfettered.
    My mind unrepentant,
    as velvet is tipped.

    -Halfdan

     

     

    Idk, if someone needs a love poem :D

     

    I like it! Was this inspired by a character posted here, or one of your own? Or did you find inspiration elsewhere? Either way, I think this is pretty nifty.

  • October 2, 2016 3:19 PM EDT

    Actually one of the users here 

    thanks! I have about 100 pages of poems written in notebooks

  • October 2, 2016 3:53 PM EDT

     

    Bal's Curse

     

    The aroma? Yes!

    The succulent savor?

    Its weight and marrow?

    I imagine the cooling flames of the elixir cascading down my throat,

    nourishing me.

    But I am parched and barren.

    A husk.

    My need envelops every painful step I take.

    Soon I will need blood.

    I am the hunter, you are the...

    You are the food 


    This post was edited by Halfdan the Black at October 2, 2016 3:55 PM EDT
    • 1452 posts
    October 3, 2016 3:23 AM EDT

    Tenebrous said:

    Oooh, nice! Though I should mention that Darath isn't a vampire, so the first paragraph is a bit confusing to me. But I really like the poem as a whole. Really good stuff.

    Yeah... I sort of realised that and the penny dropped after that first first but couldn't bear to remove it :P Call it poetic licence :D

    • 1452 posts
    October 3, 2016 3:25 AM EDT

    Tenebrous said:

    @ShinJin Rajhin story! Rather short, but I like how it came out. Enjoy!

     

    The Lost Journal of Rajhin

     

    You made good on your oath Ian :) Love it, suggest you post it as a blog too.

    • 224 posts
    October 3, 2016 7:26 AM EDT
    @Phil Thanks! I tried to make Rajhin a mortal, but still have him do all the crazy stuff legends say he did. Might just post it as a blog under Memoirs of Mundus, we'll see.
    • 53 posts
    October 3, 2016 8:28 AM EDT

    Halfdan the Black said:

    Tenebrous said:

    Halfdan the Black said:

    Singularity

    A breeze ripples shades,
    as the shadow of the Sun fades,
    chill air, a lovers touch
    on sun drenched skin.

    Eyes half closed
    I float,
    treading upon a tide of blissful shivers,
    rippling like waves

    Distant stars and city lights
    the beating heart of the metropolis
    as a universe collapses within.
    Laboured breath
    gives way to pleasure's voice unfettered.
    My mind unrepentant,
    as velvet is tipped.

    -Halfdan

     

     

    Idk, if someone needs a love poem :D

     

    I like it! Was this inspired by a character posted here, or one of your own? Or did you find inspiration elsewhere? Either way, I think this is pretty nifty.

     

    I was plaing skyrim late this saturday night. I'll admit that I wasn't entierly sober. And so, slightly drunk and thoughtless me entered that damned haunted house in Markarth without a second thought. When Molag Bal spoke to me I almost screamed, haha I got so damned scared because I had forgotten all about that quest.... *feeling like a whimp* 

    • 444 posts
    October 3, 2016 10:43 AM EDT

    Tenebrous said:

    Epic haiku! I feel like it's a good view of my version of Darath's personality, too (which I deliberately ommited so that the writers could make their own interpretations).

    Sweet! It was the image and vibe I immediately got when I read Darath's profile... I'm glad they meshed with your vision of him :D

    • 444 posts
    October 3, 2016 10:48 AM EDT

    Noodles said:

    Here's something written in the Old Days, before the Great Sunder, by Axius Revan for the Shao'kai. :)

    I STILL geek out about how you put the images together for that build's presentation.

    BTW--funny thing: about a week after you released that build, my sister was planning on doing some similar artwork for her game-room, and when she tried to explain the concept to me, she pulled out images from your build as an example... and she doesn't even visit the site--didn't even know it was from a build :D

    • 444 posts
    October 3, 2016 10:53 AM EDT

    Tenebrous said:

    @ShinJin Rajhin story! Rather short, but I like how it came out. Enjoy!

     

    The Lost Journal of Rajhin

     

    Ian S, McClure

     

    That was BOSS! I love the concept of Mephala potentially knowing that Rajhin was stealing the ring, and of the ring actually being a curse. In one of the short stories my students read, a character named General Zaroff states, "There is no greater bore than perfection." You totally demonstrate that idea, and even kick it up to 11 by showing that, in the end, Rajhin would rather die than continue living with certainty and perfection... that's awesome!

    • 202 posts
    October 3, 2016 11:57 AM EDT

    ShinJin said:

    I STILL geek out about how you put the images together for that build's presentation.

    BTW--funny thing: about a week after you released that build, my sister was planning on doing some similar artwork for her game-room, and when she tried to explain the concept to me, she pulled out images from your build as an example... and she doesn't even visit the site--didn't even know it was from a build :D

    I'm curious. Where did your sister find those pictures? Pinterest? :-?

    • 224 posts
    October 3, 2016 12:13 PM EDT
    @ShinJin Wow, thanks for the praise! My goal was basically to reconcile Rajhin the mortal Khajiit and Rajhin the Thief God. Glad to see you liked it!
    • 224 posts
    October 3, 2016 12:13 PM EDT
    @ShinJin Wow, thanks for the praise! My goal was basically to reconcile Rajhin the mortal Khajiit and Rajhin the Thief God. Glad to see you liked it!
    • 1452 posts
    October 4, 2016 6:56 PM EDT

    ShinJin said:

    Tenebrous said:

    @ShinJin Rajhin story! Rather short, but I like how it came out. Enjoy!

     

    The Lost Journal of Rajhin

     

    Ian S, McClure

     

    That was BOSS! I love the concept of Mephala potentially knowing that Rajhin was stealing the ring, and of the ring actually being a curse. In one of the short stories my students read, a character named General Zaroff states, "There is no greater bore than perfection." You totally demonstrate that idea, and even kick it up to 11 by showing that, in the end, Rajhin would rather die than continue living with certainty and perfection... that's awesome!

     

    Agreed, this is the nuts!

    • 444 posts
    October 4, 2016 7:52 PM EDT

    Noodles said:

    I'm curious. Where did your sister find those pictures? Pinterest? :-?

    I'll ask her, the next time I see her... it was a while ago, so I don't know if she'll remember, but now it's got me kind of curious as well :D

    • 224 posts
    October 4, 2016 8:34 PM EDT
    @Phil @ShinJin Aww, now I feel special. Seriously though, thanks for the praise! Didn't expect such a massively positive reception to the writing.
    • 224 posts
    October 15, 2016 11:48 AM EDT

    Made another backstory for an ESO char! This one actually incorporates the Witches' Festival event.

     

     

    Rissan-do was once a fine Khajiit warrior, renowned throughout Elsewyr for his skill with two-handed weapons. He had decided to help his people by joining the Dominion, and left immediately for Auridon to do so. However, he encountered on his travels a mysterious whistle, which when used summoned a witch! She offered him even more power, so that he may further assist the Khajiiti people. He gathered the ingredients, and killed a Heritance officer for his essence of death. Then, he watched the hag perform her ritual. When the eldritch brew was complete, he hesitantly drank it... And then he changed.

     

     

    Now transformed into an undead horror, his goals changed as well. He now wishes to spread death and destruction, corrupted as he is by the Witches' Brew. He has magically disguised himself as his old form, and joined the Dominion for this end. The question, however remains: Can Rissan-do be saved from this Oblivion?


    This post was edited by Tenebrous at October 15, 2016 11:49 AM EDT
    • 224 posts
    April 30, 2017 7:00 AM EDT

    *begins casting necromantic ritual to revive the thread*

     

    Seriously though, I *loved* this thread, and would very much like to see it alive again. Anyone got characters for other people to write about? I've got a few, but I'll hold off. For now.