Forums » Support

Blog CSS - Getting Started with Images as Links

• 312 posts
    September 24, 2016 1:23 PM EDT
    What do you mean? Like how I did mine or something different?
    • 77 posts
    September 24, 2016 1:25 PM EDT

BlueDremora said:

Is it possible to make the white page in the middle of my profile transparent? And, more importantly, will it be possible to showcase my contents on my page? 

A few members have managed to make their profile pages transparent, see Overhate's and WuYiXiang as well as myself, Wu added some CSS code to the following toping which Phil started: Getting started - Profile page customisation which may help you.

For the showcasing it's a bit more complicated, at the moment we don't have a text box we can edit (not sure that is even an option), Karver has added search criteria to his info section on his profile, and Golden Fool has created a photo album which he has added an image for each build with a link.

Hope this helps :-)

• 64 posts
    September 25, 2016 6:52 AM EDT

Ahhh, thanks Meli, just what I needed! :D

• 1595 posts
    September 26, 2016 5:12 AM EDT

Meli, thank you for taking the time to make this guide :) Much appreciated and no doubt will be helpful.

• 367 posts
    October 2, 2016 3:23 AM EDT

Awwwwooooo

Heads up everyone this is a time sensitive situation

While Ning Tamriel Vault is opperational we have a very nifty short cut to use pictures as links. 

All you need to do is goto Ning Tamriel Vault, and post a blog or discussion using the picture you want as a link. Use that picture in Ning as a link then copy it as HTML code. You MUST have it as an operational link......

Paste it in Social Engine as source code '<>' . The picture will still operate as a link. 

DO NOT type anything in the second box where it asks you for 'Text To Display'. If you do then you will lose the Picture. Just add the URL Address as you usualy would.

• 77 posts
    October 2, 2016 3:41 AM EDT

Sotek said:

Awwwwooooo

Heads up everyone this is a time sensitive situation

While Ning Tamriel Vault is opperational we have a very nifty short cut to use pictures as links. 

All you need to do is goto Ning Tamriel Vault, and post a blog or discussion using the picture you want as a link. Use that picture in Ning as a link then copy it as HTML code. You MUST have it as an operational link......

Paste it in Social Engine as source code '<>' . The picture will still operate as a link. 

DO NOT type anything in the second box where it asks you for 'Text To Display'. If you do then you will lose the Picture. Just add the URL Address as you usualy would.

Sotek, just to check is the image located in ning or are you using the image in the new site? If ning you may have an issue when the old site is shut down :-/

This post was edited by Meli at October 2, 2016 3:42 AM EDT
    • 367 posts
    October 2, 2016 3:50 AM EDT

Ermm...

Have we had a new plug in or something?

Forget what I said. All we need to do now it seems is post the picture we want, click on it, click on the link icon then paste the URL.

Can anyone hazzard a guess as to how stupid I feel right now?

This post was edited by Sotek at October 2, 2016 3:51 AM EDT
    • 1595 posts
    October 2, 2016 4:14 AM EDT

Sotek said:

Ermm...

Have we had a new plug in or something?

Forget what I said. All we need to do now it seems is post the picture we want, click on it, click on the link icon then paste the URL.

Can anyone hazzard a guess as to how stupid I feel right now?

Huh. Me too Wolfs. I did not know that.