Forums » Introduce Yourself

Hi, Meli here..

• 77 posts
    September 15, 2016 8:40 AM EDT

I'm a bit of a lurker on the Vault, but get involved when I can. I hang around most in The Story Corner, Art & Lore groups, and occasionally in Character Building.

Mostly I draw/paint, craft, write & also play Skyrim and Oblivion, sometimes these things overlap, when it works out okay I'll share the results (examples include rocks, trees or crazy auditors, curious? ask the Argonian werewolf in The Story Corner or check my gallery). Other likes include sailing, reading, music and occasionally dabbling in HTML and CSS.

My user name comes from my first Skyrim character, Melindora, who in turn was based on Melindora Nightsilver, from the Last Rune series by Mark Anthony.

Hopefully I'll see you around :-)

This post was edited by Meli at September 15, 2016 8:49 AM EDT
    • 694 posts
    September 15, 2016 9:02 AM EDT

Nice to learn a little bit more about you, Meli! Lurker or not, I'm glad you're here with us again on the new platform. I've always enjoyed your art and am looking forward to seeing more. :D

• 557 posts
    September 15, 2016 9:12 AM EDT
    As Edana said, it's great to know more about you! You always produce amazing content, and I can't wait to see what you come up with next! Glad to have you here with us, Meli!
    • 1595 posts
    September 15, 2016 11:10 AM EDT

Pleased to meet you Meli :) The Last Rune series is unfamiliar to me, would you recommend?

• 77 posts
    September 15, 2016 11:27 AM EDT

Phil said:

Pleased to meet you Meli :) The Last Rune series is unfamiliar to me, would you recommend?

For me, I enjoy the lightness of it, I'm also a fan of David Eddings (it's not LotR or GoT, though I also enjoy LotR). It's a mix of worlds, both Earth and also a more medieval world called Eldh, with various standard tropes running though.

I've had them for quite a number of years, so it may be tricky series to get hold of, I read the first 3 books which had been given to my parents, and if I recall correctly, I had to order the remaining 3 from Amazon.com, rather than .co.uk.

• 1595 posts
    September 15, 2016 12:08 PM EDT

I like David Eddings, was quite a fan when I was actually still young. How much of the Last Rune, Eddings and LoTR influenced your writing of Imperial Auditor? I have yet to read it as I have so many blogs to catch up on, but it has been on my list for so long now that I need to get stuck in :)

• 77 posts
    September 15, 2016 12:17 PM EDT

@Phil I think from what I've seen on the Vault, I've probably got a few years on you ;-) A lot of the Imperial Auditor is my own, eh hem, maddness inspired by the industry I work in and Skyrim itself, but also by David Eddings and a few snippits from elsewhere.

Once you dare set foot into it, let me know if you have any tips or suggestions, I've been making the whole process up as I go along, as before this, I hadn't written creativley since school.

• 1595 posts
    September 16, 2016 12:23 PM EDT

Will do Meli :) What is your industry, btw?

• 77 posts
    September 16, 2016 12:34 PM EDT

Phil said:

Will do Meli :) What is your industry, btw?

I've been in finance for way too many years, I think I would have ruined my hobbies if I'd tried to turn them into a day job.