Forums » The Lounge

Ways To Play Dishonored and DLC's

• 43 posts
    September 13, 2016 3:56 PM EDT

Whenever I play Dishonored, I imagine myself as Corvo. I think about what powers I would actually use, not what powers look fun, and base my playstyle off of those powers. But, in the Knife of Dunwall and Brigmore Witches, I try to get level 1 of every power except Void Gaze, Arcane Bond, and Summon Assassin because for those I get level 2. So that way, Arcane Bond is most useful to the Master Assassin I summon and he has at his disposal all the powers that Arcane Bond gives. It is probably my funnest way to play the DLC's, mostly because I just stock up on Piero's Remedy and let the Master Assassin do all the work. But I digress. How do YOU like to play Dishonored and its aforementioned DLC's? I want to see what aggressive, ruthless, and sometimes simple ways you play the game and used to finish it. Because you know that Master Miraak just LOVES a good tale of gorey, murderous assassins killing people for secretive and traitorous organizations (aka The Whalers and The Loyalists)!

This post was edited by Manhattan at September 13, 2016 3:57 PM EDT
    • 1441 posts
    September 13, 2016 4:15 PM EDT

I personally try and go non lethal at times. I love games where you have the ability to non lethally take down the baddies, especially if they can be awoken, whether by themselves regaining consciousness, or someone coming upon them. Adds a bit more challenge

• 1467 posts
    September 13, 2016 6:41 PM EDT

Eh, I always try and go non-lethal and silent, but most of the time I just manage to get caught and then go on a slaughter rampage. As for powers, I mostly just rely on Blink, it's just far too useful and I don't think I've played a character without maxing it out. I haven't actually played the DLC for Dishonored 1, but it's something I plan to do before I pick up the sequel. 

• 641 posts
    September 27, 2016 2:36 PM EDT

My "canon" playthrough is usually what I call "Assassin RP". It's a playthrough where I try and ghost through the entire level without being seen or even taken people down except for the main target who I will kill.

This post was edited by Veloth the Prophet at September 27, 2016 2:37 PM EDT