Forums » The Lounge

Vault D&D

• 585 posts
    September 27, 2016 2:54 PM EDT
    BlueDremora said:

I'll admit that I really want to try this. I've never played a D&D game in my life though, nor read any of the rules. But I did watch a youtube video and the guy who made it said the best way to learn was to simply play a game with more experinced D&D'ers and to learn by doing. Would that at all be possible? For a complete newbie like myself to join a game with absolutley 0 experince? I mean, I'd really like to try it out but I dunno anything really... 

And if not, then what would it take for me to be able to join in? 

That's pretty much what we're all doing! Just jump in and see how you do, that's what I'm intending in doing.
  • September 27, 2016 4:39 PM EDT

I linked a beginner's guide to 5e also to whoever is still playing if you need help let me know

• Tom
    • 624 posts
    September 28, 2016 2:06 AM EDT

Let's try:

When: Thursdays, 7pm-9pm EST.

Where: Roll20.

Session Zero: October 6th - Group introductions, discussion, and character creation.

For my convienence and comfort I'll be running a module (I don't want to homebrew two games at once), which means Tom's Forgettable Realms. It's like the Forgotten Realms but with whatever I find amusing tacked on (Chiefly Vecna, that wily scamp. Always sneaks into one of my games.). Cthulhu worship is encouraged, and I'll loan you my Satanic Bible if you'd like. We might go Underdark because I find it delightful and I get to tell this joke: What's the Elven word for "fucked"?

D'row.

And in Out of the Abyss, everyone is D'row.

• 585 posts
    September 28, 2016 4:36 AM EDT

Tom said:

Let's try:

When: Thursdays, 7pm-9pm EST.

Where: Roll20.

Session Zero: October 6th - Group introductions, discussion, and character creation.

For my convienence and comfort I'll be running a module (I don't want to homebrew two games at once), which means Tom's Forgettable Realms. It's like the Forgotten Realms but with whatever I find amusing tacked on (Chiefly Vecna, that wily scamp. Always sneaks into one of my games.). Cthulhu worship is encouraged, and I'll loan you my Satanic Bible if you'd like. We might go Underdark because I find it delightful and I get to tell this joke: What's the Elven word for "fucked"?

D'row.

And in Out of the Abyss, everyone is D'row.

Well done, Tom, you made by laugh in class, which got me a few funny glances, but it was worth it.

But I'm not sure if I'll be able to do those times, at least not regularly - it's midnight to 2am for me.

• 261 posts
    September 28, 2016 6:13 AM EDT
    Honestly, I am interested in this type of role play. Just not D&D, at least at the moment. Now, Call of Cthulhu, I'd be so down for that. I should mention I've never roleplayed with rulebooks and such, but again, it's something I'd like to try with another game.
  • September 28, 2016 3:55 PM EDT

I dont want to be that guy but i really need the sheets done before game day or i'll start looking for replacement

This post was edited by The Lizard Wizard at September 28, 2016 3:55 PM EDT
    • 133 posts
    September 28, 2016 9:44 PM EDT

Hey Lizard Wizard I'm so sorry but due to certain circumstances involving a long car trip I won't be able to join the game tomorrow. I'll go ahead and back out sorry for such short notice. I feel terrible for doing this but most of my Thursdays will probably be booked. 

• September 28, 2016 9:48 PM EDT

ProbsCoolerThanYou said:

Hey Lizard Wizard I'm so sorry but due to certain circumstances involving a long car trip I won't be able to join the game tomorrow. I'll go ahead and back out sorry for such short notice. I feel terrible for doing this but most of my Thursdays will probably be booked. 

Ok

• 64 posts
    September 29, 2016 4:53 AM EDT

Yea I'll have to skip this one as well, its 3 at night for me and I gotta get up early friday -_-

But If we could run a game in the weekend I'd be fired up for any hour of the day!

• 585 posts
    September 29, 2016 5:53 AM EDT

I'm the same as BlueDremora, weekends are fine, but timezones make weekdays a bitch sometimes.

• September 30, 2016 2:05 AM EDT

Ok already ran it 

• 312 posts
    October 17, 2016 7:35 PM EDT

Whoops. Completely forgot about this until now. Kinda got eaten by work and such. ^^;

• 585 posts
    October 18, 2016 7:16 AM EDT

WuYiXiang said:

Whoops. Completely forgot about this until now. Kinda got eaten by work and such. ^^;

Same, and the fact that I'm in England makes it a bit hard to play unforunately. Apparently teenagers should be able to stay awake into the wee hours of the morning, but screw that, I'm tired enough as is.

• 743 posts
    October 18, 2016 11:29 AM EDT

Yeah, Hurricane Matthew has caused me to have to drop out. I've got a yard that needs cleaned and a few rather expensive things needing replaced. 

• 585 posts
    October 19, 2016 8:59 AM EDT

RogueSilver said:

Yeah, Hurricane Matthew has caused me to have to drop out. I've got a yard that needs cleaned and a few rather expensive things needing replaced. 

Wow man, that sounds rough. It's funny being in England, I have no scope of how shit hurricanes can be, even when you aren't at the centre of them. It didn't get Skyrim, though, right? Because that would be too far.

• 743 posts
    October 19, 2016 11:49 AM EDT

Zonnonn said:

RogueSilver said:

Wow man, that sounds rough. It's funny being in England, I have no scope of how shit hurricanes can be, even when you aren't at the centre of them. It didn't get Skyrim, though, right? Because that would be too far.

Heh, Skyrim is good to go. I can't believe you haven't heard about the hurricane, but I suppose the UK has more things to worry about. After all, you're trying speed up the EU exit, lol.

Here's a song that should be in the UK's playlist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdrAdcxFB9c

This post was edited by Rogue at October 19, 2016 11:58 AM EDT
    • 1 posts
    October 19, 2016 6:07 PM EDT
    Is this still going on? I would maybe like to join but I've only played 4e. Could maybe (if I join) one of you help me out. Not a complete nub, played 3.5 a bit and 4e a bit to.
    • 557 posts
    August 1, 2017 3:40 PM EDT

If any of you are still interested in this, a small team (myself included) has been working on something similar to this (designed to be a bit more "come as you please" than regular D&D though). I'd be happy to share the details of it with anyone interested!

• 34 posts
    August 27, 2017 11:55 PM EDT

I want in. I haven't had a regular DnD group for so long (my old regular DnD group has sort of irreconcileable DnD philosophies compared to myself)... I miss this game.