Forums » The Lounge

Vault D&D

• 1 posts
    September 23, 2016 12:01 PM EDT
    I'll be down to play this although I haven't had that much experience with rp games before
    • 743 posts
    September 23, 2016 12:13 PM EDT

The Lizard Wizard said:

Click Join game when it loads there are a series of button on the right click Journal and you should see them 

Those that have joined should see there sheets now

Found it. Once I'm finished, can someone experienced view over it for me? Just to make sure there're no mistakes on it.

• September 23, 2016 3:15 PM EDT

Yep I can look it over for you

• September 23, 2016 4:51 PM EDT

http://media.wizards.com/2016/downloads/DND/PlayerBasicRulesV03.pdf

Here is a begginer guide for 5e if you need it 

• Tom
    • 624 posts
    September 23, 2016 9:26 PM EDT

Zonnonn said:
    Tom said:

Haha. I was just mentioning something like this to Edana the other day. I just wish I found this thread sooner.

I've started by own homebrew on roll20 for my local gaming group, but I'm not against running another if people would be interested.
    I've played 3.5, 4th, and 5th and 5th is by far leaps and bounds better than its predecesors in my opinion. I have the core books for 5th and 3.5 if anyone is feeling mashochistic enough to play 3.5.

Published Modules I own:

• Princes of the Apocalypse (5E)
    • Out of the Abyss (5E)
    • Curse of Strahd (5E)
    • Storm King's Thunder. (5E)

Would love to do another Elder Scrolls game. I've got some notes for classes and racial modifications to fit TES lore.

I don't know what the last things mean, but they sound badass. Do you want to join us, Tom? Or if you want to Adam maybe you could sort out a time share thing with Lizard or something? It would be great to get as many people involved as possible.

How many players are there?

• September 23, 2016 9:48 PM EDT

7 you'll make 8 if you want to join

• 312 posts
    September 23, 2016 9:51 PM EDT

The Lizard Wizard said:

7 you'll make 8 if you want to join

That's... a massive party. @_@

• September 23, 2016 9:58 PM EDT

Well not really i believe the averge party size for 5 is 4 or 5 it will just scale up 

• 312 posts
    September 23, 2016 10:00 PM EDT

The Lizard Wizard said:

Well not really i believe the averge party size for 5 is 4 or 5 it will just scale up 

Yeah. That's double the average. I'm not so much worried about the campaign having to scale up. I'm more worried about how long it'll take for each person to make his or her move. Turn-Based games are typically small for a reason.

• September 23, 2016 10:03 PM EDT

yea and with it being a text base it will be alittle time but im sure we'll get though it 

• 743 posts
    September 23, 2016 10:32 PM EDT

The Lizard Wizard said:

Thanks LW.

• September 23, 2016 10:42 PM EDT

RogueSilver said:

The Lizard Wizard said:

Thanks LW.

No Problem

• September 24, 2016 12:17 AM EDT

If yall need help with Sheet and you got skype Hammer Brother is my tag i'll be there most the night 

• Tom
    • 624 posts
    September 24, 2016 1:21 AM EDT

That's too many players for my liking. Even with 5E, combat takes a while upwards of 5 players. I'll pass for the moment.

• 312 posts
    September 24, 2016 1:22 AM EDT
    I'm inclined to agree with Tom on this, especially if we have to deal with lag and/or people not paying attention to chat.
  • September 24, 2016 2:31 AM EDT

Well I didnt want to start excludeing anyone we could spilt the people up if Tom still wants to DM a game we'll have two games going 

• 585 posts
    September 24, 2016 6:47 AM EDT

I mean, Critical Role has 8 players, but then again they're experts at keeping things flowing, and even then people are excluded. If it comes to it splitting into two parties would be ok, we could compare our deeds and stuff and make a friendly rivalry.

• 743 posts
    September 24, 2016 2:07 PM EDT

The Lizard Wizard said:

Well I didnt want to start excludeing anyone we could spilt the people up if Tom still wants to DM a game we'll have two games going 

I'm fine with that, as long as Tom agrees, of course.

• September 24, 2016 4:14 PM EDT

WuYiXiang said: I'm inclined to agree with Tom on this, especially if we have to deal with lag and/or people not paying attention to chat.

This is as much each players job as much as mine 

• September 24, 2016 4:16 PM EDT

Zonnonn said:

I mean, Critical Role has 8 players, but then again they're experts at keeping things flowing, and even then people are excluded. If it comes to it splitting into two parties would be ok, we could compare our deeds and stuff and make a friendly rivalry.

True but with it being text base mostly seems i'll be the only talker it'll be easy i guess my first text based where im the DM

• 1467 posts
    September 24, 2016 7:33 PM EDT

Sorry guys but I'm going to have to skip this one, as much as I'd like to play, I'm just  not really in the mood for D&D right now, and it'd be more me forcing myself to play rather than enjoying it.

I'll see about the next shot, but yeah I'm just gonna have to sit this one out. 

• September 24, 2016 7:47 PM EDT

Dragonborn1721 said:

Sorry guys but I'm going to have to skip this one, as much as I'd like to play, I'm just  not really in the mood for D&D right now, and it'd be more me forcing myself to play rather than enjoying it.

I'll see about the next shot, but yeah I'm just gonna have to sit this one out. 

Did you join the game on Roll 20 DB ?

• Tom
    • 624 posts
    September 25, 2016 12:38 AM EDT

I'll see what can be done about running a game. I'm unavaliable Tuesdays and Sundays.

Anyone interested reply with; time, day, and module.

Modules are:

Princes of the Apocalypse - Cults heralding the Apocalypse have sprung up within the rugged frontier.

Out of the Abyss - There are older and fouler things than Drow in the deep places of the world.

Storm King's Thunder - Something has rattled all of Giantkind and now they run amok, wrecking havoc on the smallfolk as they seek to reclaim ancient glories.

We'll work things out from there.

• 133 posts
    September 25, 2016 12:43 AM EDT

I don't really know how to work the Roll20 Character Sheet can I get some help? 

• 312 posts
    September 25, 2016 12:49 AM EDT

Tom said:

I'll see what can be done about running a game. I'm unavaliable Tuesdays and Sundays.

Anyone interested reply with; time, day, and module.

Modules are:

Princes of the Apocalypse - Cults heralding the Apocalypse have sprung up within the rugged frontier.

Out of the Abyss - There are older and fouler things than Drow in the deep places of the world.

Storm King's Thunder - Something has rattled all of Giantkind and now they run amok, wrecking havoc on the smallfolk as they seek to reclaim ancient glories.

We'll work things out from there.

Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday:  2300 EST; Any Module