Forums » The Lounge

Vault D&D

• 1467 posts
    September 15, 2016 3:31 AM EDT

This character sounds pretty cool, I think I need to visit this site for myself.

Here's a link to the site I used, it isn't really a D&D character generator, more your kind of general Fantasy Character Generator (though it does I believe use D&D classes, races, that kind of thing) so it doesn't do feats, skills, all of that noise. But it is a fun way to roll a character at least. 

Great, I suppose you could help out us noobs?

I'm already helping out one noob (myself):P I really can't do much more than link the site and recommend you read the 5th edition handbook to decide your class (well...not the whole thing, but at least notes on the Race/Class you want)

• 312 posts
    September 15, 2016 3:33 AM EDT

Dragonborn1721 said:

Here's a link to the site I used, it isn't really a D&D character generator, more your kind of general Fantasy Character Generator (though it does I believe use D&D classes, races, that kind of thing) so it doesn't do feats, skills, all of that noise. But it is a fun way to roll a character at least. 

There's a D&D 4e gen on that site. xD

This post was edited by WuYiXiang at September 15, 2016 3:34 AM EDT
  • September 16, 2016 8:42 PM EDT

I wouldnt Mind gettng into a 3.5 Game if this is still a thing

• 404 posts
    September 16, 2016 8:45 PM EDT

I showed DragonBorn that site, glad it's spreading. speaking of which I am  making my High Elf in Skyrim and got the immersive first person camera mod also.

• September 16, 2016 8:53 PM EDT

Which Edition are yall wanting to play ?

• 312 posts
    September 16, 2016 10:28 PM EDT

ShyGuyWolf said:

I showed DragonBorn that site, glad it's spreading.

Personally, I prefer using Seventh Sanctum for character generators. They typically end up... silly.

"The beautiful nerd girl no one notices because she has glasses who only pretends to be incompetent and who is trying to prove himself to his dead parents."

I can't stop laughing. This will be my character. (I'm joking, by the way)

This post was edited by WuYiXiang at September 16, 2016 10:32 PM EDT
    • 404 posts
    September 16, 2016 10:33 PM EDT

lol, I also used Seventh Sanctum before.

• 743 posts
    September 16, 2016 11:50 PM EDT

The Lizard Wizard said:

I'd prefer 5e, but I'm down for either one.

• 1467 posts
    September 17, 2016 4:23 AM EDT

I'd prefer 5e, but I'm down for either one.

I'm starting to agree with 5th edition to be honest, it seems different to what I'm used to but really quite interesting (especially Monks, they seem really awesome). 

• 585 posts
    September 17, 2016 8:20 AM EDT

The Lizard Wizard said:

I agree with 5e, the most recent iteration is probably the best, right? I've been reading up anyway, so I've got a decent grasp of some 5e mechanics now.

• 743 posts
    September 17, 2016 1:00 PM EDT

Still no DM? That's rather odd.

• 312 posts
    September 17, 2016 3:46 PM EDT

Zonnonn said:

I agree with 5e, the most recent iteration is probably the best, right? I've been reading up anyway, so I've got a decent grasp of some 5e mechanics now.

Voting for 5e as well.

• September 17, 2016 4:04 PM EDT

Well yall give me some days throught the week yall can play and i'll see what i can brew up 

• 312 posts
    September 17, 2016 5:25 PM EDT

I'm free Monday through Thursday. I work weekends, unfortunately.

• 743 posts
    September 17, 2016 5:34 PM EDT

The Lizard Wizard said:

Well yall give me some days throught the week yall can play and i'll see what i can brew up 

Much appreciated, Lizard Wizard! My schedule is the same as Wu's. Any weekdays.

This post was edited by Rogue at September 17, 2016 5:34 PM EDT
  • September 18, 2016 5:08 PM EDT

So i dont know any of yall if you have Skype post your names so i can find you 

• 404 posts
    September 18, 2016 5:58 PM EDT

ShyGuyWolf that one you know.

• 585 posts
    September 19, 2016 2:32 PM EDT

The Lizard Wizard said:

I think we were planning to play this on Roll 20? That way people can keep anonymous if they want to. I'm Zonnonn on Skype though, if you need me for anything.

So everyone, what have you got for your characters so far. RogueSilver would like to play a rogue (which very easy to remember as it's his name), and I would ideally like to play a Land Druid or an Illusion and either Abjuration or Necromancy based Wizard (so a controlling character for both). Has anyone else got far enough to share their creations yet?

• 743 posts
    September 19, 2016 2:35 PM EDT

The Lizard Wizard said:

Jimmy Page, hit me up. I'd prefer Roll20 for the actual game though, as Zonnonn mentioned. The anonymity is nice too.

This post was edited by Rogue at September 19, 2016 2:37 PM EDT
  • September 19, 2016 2:57 PM EDT

I was going to use Roll 20 I dont know how well there voice is i just use Skype as my go to voice chat 

• 743 posts
    September 19, 2016 2:58 PM EDT

The Lizard Wizard said:

I was going to use Roll 20 I dont know how well there voice is i just use Skype as my go to voice chat 

I was wanting to use the chat box option for those of us who lack a mic.

• 585 posts
    September 19, 2016 3:04 PM EDT
    The Lizard Wizard said:

I think some people don't want to use their voice, and chat boxes would probably work alright. We'll see though. Do you have any experience DMing? Because if Skype worked for you then then I can't really argue.
    • 1467 posts
    September 19, 2016 5:33 PM EDT

So everyone, what have you got for your characters so far. RogueSilver would like to play a rogue (which very easy to remember as it's his name), and I would ideally like to play a Land Druid or an Illusion and either Abjuration or Necromancy based Wizard (so a controlling character for both). Has anyone else got far enough to share their creations yet?

I was looking into playing a Monk, and if we're doing 5th edition speciffically the one that gets access to various Elemental abilities. But if we don't get more people I could easily play a more tanky character to fill that role (Which I think is slightly more important than badass Monk)

• 312 posts
    September 19, 2016 5:42 PM EDT

Zonnonn said:

I'd like to roll a Dueling-specialized Dex Fighter.

For those of you who are rusty:

Dueling. When you are wielding a melee weapon in one hand and no other weapons, you gain a +2 bonus to damage rolls with that weapon.

- D&D 5e wiki.

If we need an off-tank, I can spec into Eldritch for defensive spells.

This post was edited by WuYiXiang at September 19, 2016 5:49 PM EDT
    • 133 posts
    September 19, 2016 9:18 PM EDT

I've never played D&D before but I've been lurking this thread and might be interested. Also I've read a good bit of the rules and I think I have a grasp. I would probably be interested in rolling a cleric or fighter type and I could probably do one weekday a week (Saturdays would be preferable though), but probably not until at least 6-7 EST.