Forums » Elder Scrolls

Skyrim Remastered: What's Bethesda's Game?

• 743 posts
    September 9, 2016 1:08 PM EDT

Skyrim Remastered is literally right around the corner, and with it, tons of hype. It will be amazing watching this site explode with new members with a rekindled interest in Skyrim, both for the Blog's  Vault's health and for our own enjoyment.

Allow me to ask though, what do you think Bethesda's game is? Why are they being so quiet about the most hyped unannounced-probably in early development game ever? F4 was obviously released as a lab rat to test the next gen waters before developing their most popular juggernaut, TES, so is Skyrim RM perhaps a small gift for us TES fans to keep them tied down for a few years? Or a big FU to those of us who want TES 6 released within the next year?

Let me know what you think, I'd love to read more theories regarding this subject.

• September 9, 2016 5:37 PM EDT

Difficult to say, the Remastered editions launch certainly has been quiet even by Bethesdas standards, just a small couple of lines, "you all asked for it and so yes we have ben working hard" que Skyrim theme, weird, just weird, what worries me is what was said about ES6, that being the technology does not yet exist for us to make the game as we see it, so yes as far as I am concerned, and as much as I am looking forward to it, Skyrim Remastered is a big FU to us that were expecting ES6, yes consoles will be abl to use Mods for the new version, but I think they sold us short.

• 1441 posts
    September 9, 2016 5:46 PM EDT

Bonelord said:

Difficult to say, the Remastered editions launch certainly has been quiet even by Bethesdas standards, just a small couple of lines, "you all asked for it and so yes we have ben working hard" que Skyrim theme, weird, just weird, what worries me is what was said about ES6, that being the technology does not yet exist for us to make the game as we see it, so yes as far as I am concerned, and as much as I am looking forward to it, Skyrim Remastered is a big FU to us that were expecting ES6, yes consoles will be abl to use Mods for the new version, but I think they sold us short.

I hope we get mods for it. Still, it seems they want the new NEO or whatever or PS Virtual Reality to come out, which it may in a year or two

• 627 posts
    September 9, 2016 6:22 PM EDT

I can say this much PS4 won't be getting mods for it or fallout 4 because Sony have just said No.

• 17 posts
    September 9, 2016 6:58 PM EDT
    Dammit.
    • 312 posts
    September 9, 2016 8:48 PM EDT

Judging from Bethesda's announcement, Sony was on board with mods under very specific circumstances, and Bethesda disagreed. I'd like to believe that Sony has the business sense to give in before Microsoft wipes the floor with them.

• 1441 posts
    September 9, 2016 11:58 PM EDT

Since Sony is being a giant dick, mods are, for now, cancelled https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_Loje9YZfk

• 773 posts
    September 10, 2016 4:11 AM EDT
    Well, the lack of PS4 mods has killed Skyrim Remastered for me.

There's simply no point paying money to get a game that I've already played for years on PS3
    • 627 posts
    September 10, 2016 4:20 AM EDT

Chris said:

Since Sony is being a giant dick, mods are, for now, cancelled https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_Loje9YZfk

You don't read the other comments do you? 

• 312 posts
    September 10, 2016 4:34 AM EDT

Golden Fool said:

You don't read the other comments do you? 

Snrk. This amuses me more than it ought to.

• September 10, 2016 4:53 AM EDT

@Paul, You wouldn't consider an Xbox purchase then my friend?

• 627 posts
    September 10, 2016 5:19 AM EDT

I'm considering getting a good pc. It just wouldn't be right to have Darling not be blond and Cyre not in his fool's garb, even if they do look slightly better then what I currently have them at on my laptop.

• 694 posts
    September 10, 2016 8:48 AM EDT
    Same here, Golds. I've been doing some shopping around on this for a bit and I think I'm nearly ready to pull the trigger.
    • 649 posts
    September 10, 2016 8:53 AM EDT

You´re finally getting it. Screw consoles, buy PC. Now we just have to persuade Phil the Arsehole to do the same. :D

• 1595 posts
    September 10, 2016 9:51 AM EDT

This arsehole has been considering it for a long while. I've been telling myself since TES IV that I need a gaming rig and play those mods. Where's Chrysamere dammit? :D

I hope there is time for Sony to backslide on this, it causes to much harm to the hobby. I hope they get their ass in gear before 28/10. In the meantime it is worth remembering that simply playing the game again in glorious remastered may allow time enough for that to happen. The need to mod that frst playthrough may not be as importanat as it will be in subsequent?

Nah, I am struggling to find a silver lining.

• 50 posts
    September 10, 2016 10:08 AM EDT

I see Skyrim Remastered as a way for Bethesda to make a bit more cash out of the game yet. Fallout 4 was developed for the PS4 and Xbone and both consoles are not that different from a PC the Xbone especially so. In other words it didn't take much to port the existing Skyrim game to consoles and do a bit of tweaking here and there too. They can push that out, make ton of money from it which will then help fund their next unannounced franchises.

As a high end PC and PS4 owner I don't see the point of existing owners of the original game purchasing the remastered version as the original can be improved vastly by mods enb's etc. I think Bethesda's game was to get more money out of the console audience which hey, I don't have a problem with - if its makes them money to go towards future games then that's only a good thing. They are after all a business which needs to make money to succeed and produce the games we know and love. With a good developer, more cash usually means better games in the future.

I think Bethesda is waiting for the PS5 / Xbox two or whatever they will be called before they think about making ES6. I doubt we will be seeing ES6 until at least 2022 unless the PC version comes out first.

This post was edited by Teekus at September 10, 2016 10:15 AM EDT
    • 773 posts
    September 10, 2016 10:58 AM EDT
    Bonelord said:

@Paul, You wouldn't consider an Xbox purchase then my friend?

Hmmm, £250 for an XBoxOne? Probably not... That said, I'm annoyed enough with Sony to at least consider it. By which I mean sell my PS4 to partly offset buying an XBoxOne.
  • September 10, 2016 11:02 AM EDT

With all this chatter about high end PCs, I was wondering what price tag would be on such, in UK Pounds, I speak of a PC that could run Games such as Skyrim Remastered, and the Mods that go with same, I would hope for technology could last around 5 years before an upgrade would be required, anyone any ideas? Please

• 649 posts
    September 10, 2016 11:19 AM EDT

Bonelord said:

With all this chatter about high end PCs, I was wondering what price tag would be on such, in UK Pounds, I speak of a PC that could run Games such as Skyrim Remastered, and the Mods that go with same, I would hope for technology could last around 5 years before an upgrade would be required, anyone any ideas? Please

If my calculation is right...around 600 pounds. Pretty much for that price I bought a rig that was acclaimed as top gaming PC in 2014. I bought it pretty much a year ago for this price and my calculation is that it will handle games for next...4 years, in varying quality. 

• September 10, 2016 11:29 AM EDT

Indeed yes, I would be annoyed also, Our most popular game, now available with Mods, now excluded because of a possible hissy fit either by Bethesda or Sony.

• 1441 posts
    September 10, 2016 12:04 PM EDT

Bonelord said:

Indeed yes, I would be annoyed also, Our most popular game, now available with Mods, now excluded because of a possible hissy fit either by Bethesda or Sony.

Its by Sony, they aren going to let mods work the way the modders want, probably because theyŕe scsared of a mod or someone hacking into their code

• 404 posts
    September 10, 2016 12:05 PM EDT

@Chris, that and the last game that had Mod support on the PS console didn't do well.

• September 10, 2016 12:08 PM EDT

I bow to your superior knowledge Chris, its a real pity though not just for Playstation owners, us Vault dwellers will miss out too, builds, chatter, and most other extras that full Modded Game play offers, perhaps there will be a re-think by Sony in the future

• September 10, 2016 12:13 PM EDT

@ Karver  Thanks Orc, thats a big help

• 17 posts
    September 10, 2016 12:17 PM EDT

Personally, i'm still gonna buy  the remaster. I don't have the money upgrade my pc to handle a heavily modded skyrim, and my old xbox 360 isn't really an option.

It still sucks that there won't be any mods, i can only hope that Sony change their mind.