Forums » Support

Bug Reporting Thread

• 9 posts
    December 2, 2016 7:35 PM EST

So I didnt really know where to ask this, but I thought this was as good a place as any.  To get to my question i'm on my friends account right now and I was ttrying to make an account for myself, however when I got done verrifing my account and I go to log in I get prompted with a text box that states "This account still requires admin approval".  So I was wondering if anyone could tell me whether I did something wrong or if this is normal?

• 1595 posts
    December 2, 2016 8:16 PM EST

AgentBaconator said:

So I didnt really know where to ask this, but I thought this was as good a place as any.  To get to my question i'm on my friends account right now and I was ttrying to make an account for myself, however when I got done verrifing my account and I go to log in I get prompted with a text box that states "This account still requires admin approval".  So I was wondering if anyone could tell me whether I did something wrong or if this is normal?

Ok, I will look into this now for you. Please could you tell me the username awaiting approval?

• 9 posts
    December 2, 2016 8:17 PM EST

Phil said:

AgentBaconator said:

Ok, I will look into this now for you. Please could you tell me the username awaiting approval?

The username I was trying to use is "Fuzneo"

• 1595 posts
    December 2, 2016 8:23 PM EST

Ok, try it now dude ;)

• 2 posts
    December 2, 2016 8:30 PM EST

Phil said:Thanks so much man.  Appreciate it.

Ok, try it now dude ;)

• 1595 posts
    December 2, 2016 8:33 PM EST

No worries. Pleased to meet you Funzio :)

• 2 posts
    December 2, 2016 8:38 PM EST

You to

• 312 posts
    December 4, 2016 9:52 PM EST

Right, so the nav bar up top is still playing tag with my cursor. Just a heads up. Edana's probably still tinkering with it, though, so I'm not too worried.

• 694 posts
    December 5, 2016 9:58 AM EST

WuYiXiang said:

Right, so the nav bar up top is still playing tag with my cursor. Just a heads up. Edana's probably still tinkering with it, though, so I'm not too worried.

Right you are. We might say goodbye to the top hovering menu and revert to the static black bar if folks are still having trouble with the menu. We can make it work with submenus, now, I think, but it means we lose the hover functionality and folks will have to scroll back to the top to get back to the menu.

Just out of curiousity, what's your resolution? When I'm on a smaller laptop sometimes I'll occasionally have that issue, but on my desktop it's fine.

• 312 posts
    December 5, 2016 7:12 PM EST

Edana said:

Just out of curiousity, what's your resolution? When I'm on a smaller laptop sometimes I'll occasionally have that issue, but on my desktop it's fine.

I'm running 1920x1080 on both my desktop and my laptop.

This post was edited by WuYiXiang at December 5, 2016 7:12 PM EST
    • 694 posts
    December 6, 2016 1:11 PM EST

WuYiXiang said:

Edana said:

I'm running 1920x1080 on both my desktop and my laptop.

Thanks, Wu! 

• 8 posts
    December 6, 2016 3:15 PM EST

I think I am having the same issues. Chrome is up to date and screen resolution is 1920x1080 as well.

• 96 posts
    December 15, 2016 1:40 PM EST
    I dont know if this has been brought up yet, but in the chat, posting a link that contains a specific sequence of symbols/letters, seems to appear as a web-adress with an emoji in between. The link becomes broken or at least a part of it does.
    I noticed it when I linked this site (in chat): http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Savos_Aren
    • 96 posts
    December 15, 2016 1:40 PM EST
    Btw is there a way to delete your messages in case you posted them twice?
    I dont know if this has been brought up yet, but in the chat, posting a link that contains a specific sequence of symbols/letters, seems to appear as a web-adress with an emoji in between. The link becomes broken or at least a part of it does.
    I noticed it when I linked this site (in chat): http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Savos_Aren
    This post was edited by Relycs at December 15, 2016 1:42 PM EST
    • 694 posts
    December 16, 2016 11:55 AM EST

Okay, so regarding the jumpy menu issue, I wanted to post an update for those who have experienced the bug. Our site has two modes: Development Mode and Production Mode. When we're in Dev Mode (which is what we use for troubleshooting, site maintenance of any kind, installing new plugins, etc.) the menus seem to work fine. When we're in Prod Mode, sometimes something goes screwy (but it's not consistent across browsers, and is not all the time). Dev Mode slows down loading times for pages a little bit. I'm getting closer to isolating the issue, but if I can't completely, we'll revert to the static menu bar that doesn't float as you scroll--which is why I never stripped out all the code for every page, because it would be too time consuming and just too hard to replace later.

TLDR; hang in there, I'm working on it, and if we can't fix the floating bar issues, we'll go back to the static bar. :) For now I'm leaving the site in Dev Mode for menu consistency. If you experience a jumpy menu issue within the next day or so from the time of this post, when the site is in Dev Mode, please leave a comment here. 

This post was edited by Edana at December 16, 2016 12:03 PM EST
    • 312 posts
    January 2, 2017 2:53 PM EST

I'd like to report an issue with my cursor jumping around in the text box while I'm typing. It seems to happen mostly in Discussions (I'm not in the Forums enough to confirm the issue there). It's a minor inconvenience, but it does get irritating over time.

Might be me, might be Chrome. I dunno.

This post was edited by WuYiXiang at January 2, 2017 3:01 PM EST
    • 215 posts
    January 5, 2017 9:25 AM EST

So one thing I've noticed since the change and it hasn't gone away is the "resetting" of notifications for notifications and messages.

So I'll log in, see "5" for example in "Notifications" (at the top right of the screen.  I'll click on it and open up the window to see new posts in threads I've participated it.  Then I will click "Mark All Read".  The notification icon disappears.  At this point all is well.

However, on occasion, I'll change screens OR come back later and I'll have notifications showing up again.  However, when I click on it, it's the same notices that I read/cleared earlier.  This happens pretty regularly.

• 694 posts
    January 5, 2017 11:17 AM EST

Dangit. I'd like to report my own bug, which is somehow I keep getting unsubbed from this stinking thread! Grr. 

Alright so Wu, I think I may know what's causing that but I'm not sure. I'll take a look.

John, I have that issue occasionally too. The best way to clear it is to click "view all," go to the notification page and mark them all as read from there. I think it happens because the drop down just shows you a portion of the notifications, and you clear those, but the ones below it that aren't displayed in the tray are still marked as unread and the system gets confused. Usually clearing from the actual notifcation page, rather than the user tray, solves that issue. Let me know if that doesn't work for you.

• 312 posts
    January 5, 2017 9:42 PM EST
    Huh. I got randomly unsubbed, too, even though I'd posted only three days ago.
    • 51 posts
    May 16, 2017 8:51 PM EDT

FYI - the server's being screwy right now. Things were loading really slowly, and then I got a message saying the hosting account was suspended.

• 215 posts
    May 25, 2017 3:12 PM EDT

Looks like the chat function is gone. 

• 700 posts
    May 25, 2017 3:16 PM EDT

We chose to temporarily remove the chat function, as it's been consuming a large number of our resources and slowing down the site, as well as causing those server errors. I posted a status yesterday regarding it, apologies for not posting it somewhere clearer.

http://tamrielvault.com/profile/Legion/action_id/63809/show_comments/1

We're looking into a more efficient chat client, it's absence is temporary. 

• 82 posts
    November 4, 2017 10:09 AM EDT

Can't really think of where else this question would go, so I figuered I'd ask it here.

Why is it I can't delete my own discussions or comments? Or am I just being stupid and missing something right in front of me?

This post was edited by Loopdiss at November 4, 2017 10:09 AM EDT
    • 1595 posts
    November 4, 2017 7:06 PM EDT

Loopdiss said:

Can't really think of where else this question would go, so I figuered I'd ask it here.

Why is it I can't delete my own discussions or comments? Or am I just being stupid and missing something right in front of me?

Hey Loops, I'll do some testing, but could you assist? On Group Content you have posted you should see these options:

Could you take a screenshot of the options you have? Then I can make some changes.

• 82 posts
    November 5, 2017 1:40 AM EDT

Paws said:

Loopdiss said:

Hey Loops, I'll do some testing, but could you assist? On Group Content you have posted you should see these options:

Could you take a screenshot of the options you have? Then I can make some changes.