Forums » Support

Bug Reporting Thread

• 694 posts
    September 1, 2016 11:57 AM EDT

As you all know, we are in the process of fine-tuning the platform and some of this will require some trial and error on our part while we work with the many new configuration options at our fingertips. We will be rolling out a new plugin early next week which will increase options for Group Discussions and Forum posts (which will include likes, tags, and editing options). While we ask that you bear with us during this transition, if you run across anything that doesn't seem quite right (like a bug or glitch of some sort), please leave a reply here listing the following information:

• As much detail as you can about the incident and conditions
    • A link to the page the error was caused on, if relevant
    • A screenshot, if possible
    • Approximate time of error
      • If we're updating the site at that time, that could be the cause of some temporary, rather than on-going weirdness.

Thanks so much again everyone for your patience and cooperation while we work to fine-tune the new site!

• 1595 posts
    September 1, 2016 12:37 PM EDT

Well, I was in Vault 69 recently. I saw a massive roach:

• 404 posts
    September 1, 2016 12:41 PM EDT

oh you made the Vault.

• 1441 posts
    September 1, 2016 1:15 PM EDT

Phil said:

Well, I was in Vault 69 recently. I saw a massive roach:

Did you fill the Vault with 999 women and 1 man?

• 77 posts
    September 1, 2016 2:09 PM EDT

Going to officially log this, though my understanding from Phil is it is probably already a known issue, however as everyone migrates to the new platform, they may also spot it. Going to do a bit of a delete and re-post for some of them just in case this is un-fixable, partially to test functionality and also to be able to set-up my albums again, but will leave the below example for the time being.

Details:

Logged on to new site this morning and reviewed my photo album and how each photo was presented on the new site (which looks so much better than on *cough* ning), however the attached comments are incorrect on all 17 photos and originate from other member's photos.

Also the upload date has changed from 22 August 2015 to 5 May 2016.

Example:

Final picture of the College of Winterhold

http://tamrielvault4.com/albums/photo/view/album_id/442/photo_id/6888

Original photo on ning:

http://tamrielvault.com/photo/pencil-pen-and-digital-drawing-winterhold-college?context=user

Photo on ning where the comments came from for this picture:

Merc of the Mountains

http://tamrielvault.com/photo/2015-07-17-00001?context=latest

Sceenshots:

• 13 posts
    September 1, 2016 2:50 PM EDT

The only bug I've found is adblocker doesnt let you look at notifications, change your cover picture thing, check messages....ect

Easy fix is to disable adblocker for this domain.

• 312 posts
    September 1, 2016 3:05 PM EDT

Valric said:

The only bug I've found is adblocker doesnt let you look at notifications, change your cover picture thing, check messages....ect

Easy fix is to disable adblocker for this domain.

I use Adblock, and everything runs fine for me.

Editing Issues

Anyhow, this is how my edit screen looks (having trouble even posting this picture right now). I'm using Google Chrome and have not tested Firefox yet. I have, however, tried to edit in the Steam browser to no avail.

This post was edited by WuYiXiang at September 9, 2016 8:41 PM EDT
    • 558 posts
    September 1, 2016 5:29 PM EDT

Pictures aren't showing up on some of the old builds.

http://tamrielvault4.com/groups/topic/view/group_id/3/topic_id/950

http://tamrielvault4.com/groups/topic/view/group_id/3/topic_id/1718

http://tamrielvault4.com/groups/topic/view/group_id/3/topic_id/4568

Noticing this issue at the time of posting this comment. Every old build I've checked, besides the one linked below, is without pictures.

The only build I've seen with pictures is this one

• 627 posts
    September 1, 2016 5:33 PM EDT

Steezy Baby said:

Pictures aren't showing up on some of the old builds.

http://tamrielvault4.com/groups/topic/view/group_id/3/topic_id/950

http://tamrielvault4.com/groups/topic/view/group_id/3/topic_id/1718

http://tamrielvault4.com/groups/topic/view/group_id/3/topic_id/4568

Noticing this issue at the time of posting this comment. Every old build I've checked, besides the one linked below, is without pictures.

The only build I've seen with pictures is this one

They'd don't show up on any discussions because as Todd said as part of an announcement on NING, they didn't port over properly and would have to be re-uploaded. The only reason Lissette's has images in it is because she's gone and added them back in.

• 1595 posts
    September 1, 2016 5:41 PM EDT
    • 558 posts
    September 1, 2016 5:43 PM EDT

That's what I get for skimming. 

• 312 posts
    September 9, 2016 2:10 PM EDT

By the way, the Welcome tab on the home page still has links to the old site. :/

This post was edited by WuYiXiang at September 9, 2016 9:34 PM EDT
    • 312 posts
    September 9, 2016 8:39 PM EDT

Ehm, I just want you to know that since the URL change from TamrielVault4 to TamrielVault, none of my feeds have been working. I can't look at other people's activities, the home page feed is blank, and even my own stuff is missing.

Feed Missing

I checked a few others' pages to see if my CSS was messing up. Sorry, Legion, but you're my guinea pig.

Legion's Feed

Interestingly, when I tried Microsoft Edge, everything showed up, so I think it might just be Google Chrome.

Microsoft Edge

(Please, please, please don't force me to use Microsoft Edge to visit this page.)

UPDATE:

I retried everything, and it works. This isn't the first time this has happened to me, though. It seems to occur sporadically.

It works!

Update to Update:

Upon further investigation, I discovered that the time I did get it to work, the site did not redirect to TamrielVault, instead staying on TamrielVault4.

Links to Full Sized Images (in order shown in thread):

First

Second

Third

Fourth

Side Note:  I realize that I forgot to disable AdBlock for this site. I have done so. ^^;

This post was edited by WuYiXiang at September 10, 2016 7:37 AM EDT
    • 1467 posts
    September 10, 2016 9:27 AM EDT

So this might not be a bug but...I don't have an activity feed at the moment, nor a way to post a status, or really interact with anything that's happened recently. 

• 557 posts
    September 10, 2016 9:37 AM EDT

Clear your cookies and see if that helps.

• 39 posts
    September 10, 2016 10:11 AM EDT

The Mighty Deeb said:

So this might not be a bug but...I don't have an activity feed at the moment, nor a way to post a status, or really interact with anything that's happened recently. 

The exact same thing happened to me. However, I fixed it by doing this. However, it is probably completely irrelivant to you.

In my recent bar (which I got to by right clicking my browser symbol. In this case, Mozilla Firefox)

The top link works for me. My activity feed worked fine from that link.

Beforehand, however, The one underneath it (TamrielVault-Home) did not display the feed.

Hope that helps. Though it probably won't.

• 77 posts
    September 10, 2016 12:38 PM EDT

Not a bug, but a question, which I partially asked over in the "Getting Started - Picture Albums, Uploads and Guidelines" thread:

"And finally, do we know what the compression setting is on uploaded photos? On ning I uploaded my page background rather than linking to an external site, for two reasons - one: if anything happened to the original image, my background remained untouched, two: extra web traffic was not placed on the originating web server."

In addition to the above, is there a way view images in full size? Or are they immediatly compressed? There are a number of members (including myself) who have uploaded our artwork or screenshots in their original sizes (as specified by the rules used on the old platform), and at the moment there doesn't seem to be a way to get to see the detail which to me is quite an issue as when someone has put a lot of effort in it's lost when displayed on the new site :-(

• 1595 posts
    September 10, 2016 1:28 PM EDT

I will have a chat with Golden Fool on this subject Meli, I think when he and I last spoke he had some very interesting thoughts which I couldn't quite keep up with :) So let me get back to you on that.

• 312 posts
    September 10, 2016 1:40 PM EDT
    As far as I can tell, full size is 720x405 when I upload a 1920x1080 picture.
    • 312 posts
    September 10, 2016 1:44 PM EDT
    @ DB - Check if your URL is TamrielVault or TamrielVault4. TamrielVault4 no longer shows the feed, but TamrielVault does.
    • 9 posts
    September 10, 2016 5:31 PM EDT
    This isn't really a bug but since there isn't a more general help thread I figure this is the next best place. I am using safari on my ipad to browse this site but the pages are not resizing to fit the screen. I't just a tad too large on each side.

Ok, have a 2nd issue that might actually be a bug. I can log in just fine but if I select any of the group icons I am logged out as I am moved to that page.
    This post was edited by Adrian at September 10, 2016 5:39 PM EDT
    • 13 posts
    September 11, 2016 5:24 AM EDT
    I know this is all new and such, but I can only access the site on mobile. It is nearly unusable now. Navigation is very difficult and the actual builds and such are nearly unreadable. I would love to continue to be a part of this community and I'm sorry if this is a bother. I don't mean to gripe.
    • 77 posts
    September 11, 2016 5:49 AM EDT

Adrian said: This isn't really a bug but since there isn't a more general help thread I figure this is the next best place. I am using safari on my ipad to browse this site but the pages are not resizing to fit the screen. I't just a tad too large on each side. Ok, have a 2nd issue that might actually be a bug. I can log in just fine but if I select any of the group icons I am logged out as I am moved to that page.

When you log in do you tick the "remember me" option? I've found that I have problems if I don't, think this became a thing when the main url was changed on the old site. Hope this helps :-)

• 9 posts
    September 11, 2016 10:38 AM EDT
    Meli said:

When you log in do you tick the "remember me" option? I've found that I have problems if I don't, think this became a thing when the main url was changed on the old site. Hope this helps :-)

I thought I had, but at some point I guess I lost the check. I tried again and it works now. Thanks!
    • 77 posts
    September 11, 2016 10:53 AM EDT

Adrian said:
    Meli said:

I thought I had, but at some point I guess I lost the check. I tried again and it works now. Thanks!

If you log out, your browser may not remember to add it back in when you come back to the site later... It's midly annoying, but you get used to it :-)