Forums » Support

Getting Started - Blog CSS

• 1595 posts
    August 5, 2016 5:20 PM EDT

Hi there :)

We're going to take a quick look at CSS in Blog posts. This remains laregly unchanged since we're used to HTML, we can still highlight an area of text and change the font using the dropdown Font Family menu. Book Antiqua is the default style on Ning and probably the format we are all used to seeing.

However, we will look at altering individual lines and seeing a few tricks not listed in the Font Family menu. Below is a screenshot from a blog:

We are going to edit the sentence: Make believe. That is all it would be. Nothing remains now. Yet there is one thing I must do ere the end - in addition to completing this journal, that is.

To do this we need to click on the <> Source Code box and find that sentence, highlighted in the screenhot below:

We want to change the font to something non-standard and off the grid for fun, right? We will also want to change the size just for the ssake of example. Here it is isolated:

span style="font-family: book antiqua,palatino; font-size: 10pt;">Make believe. That is all it would be. Nothing remains now. Yet there is one thing I must do ere the end - in addition to completing this journal, that is

We're going to change it to:

span style="font-family: fantasy; font-size: 20pt;">Make believe. That is all it would be. Nothing remains now. Yet there is one thing I must do ere the end - in addition to completing this journal, that is

We can see that take effect as soon as we clik "Ok":

Now, we want to try and mess with the Font Style. In this case we will use Oblique - pretty similar to Italic but I'm a hipster :p

span style="font-family: fantasy; font-syle: oblique; font-size: 20pt;">Make believe. That is all it would be. Nothing remains now. Yet there is one thing I must do ere the end - in addition to completing this journal, that is.

The final saved version will look like this:

Make believe. That is all it would be. Nothing remains now. Yet there is one thing I must do ere the end - in addition to completing this journal, that is.

Hopefully this little guide will hep you in your projects, have a look at this helpful page on the various fonts styles and tricks you can use. If you have any helpful hints please leave a comment :)

Thank you for reading.

This post was edited by Paws at August 5, 2016 5:45 PM EDT
  • September 9, 2016 5:45 PM EDT

Most interesting, thanks a bunch, B

• 312 posts
    September 9, 2016 8:46 PM EDT

I appreciate you taking the time to post this. I'll be sure to implement some of this when I get around to publishing my blog.

As it turns out, I'm just too lazy to be fixing up my Blog's CSS. xD

This post was edited by WuYiXiang at September 18, 2016 7:51 AM EDT