Forums » Elder Scrolls

So much content, so little... Room on the quest menu

• 7 posts
    November 21, 2011 7:06 PM EST
    Does anyone else feel like they have too many quests active at once? I mean, I love how many quests there are, but I would like to do them all when I decide to. Doing one quest might start three more completely unconnected quests. I don't know if I'm making this clear, but I just find it kind of... Jumbled. I think if someone asks me to do something, I should be able to just say... No. By the eight!
    • 1 posts
    November 21, 2011 7:10 PM EST

I know exactly what you mean.  I think I have about 2 dozen on my list now.  Every bloody person I glance at in-game runs up and wants me to do something.

As for declining... you CAN - just escape out of the dialog.  I can't test this at the moment, but I believe that choosing the "not right now" dialog still adds the quest.

• January 13, 2012 8:59 AM EST

I have the same.. No matter how hard I try to concentrate on let's say main quest, ten minutes later I've done a bit of the thief's guild, a few random favors, going for a mission with Companions and got 5 new quest at the side. I'm happy there are so much to do, I just need better self-control.

• 10 posts
    January 13, 2012 9:03 AM EST

Why don't you just go to your journal and 'untick' the quests, so you can focus on one at a time? That's what I do, and it works like a charm :)

• 426 posts
    January 13, 2012 1:39 PM EST

I tried to do a little of everything. For example I would have an active main quest, one of the guild quests, a word of power or hold quest and then some time doing the in town stuff. Once I'd done a quest from each I'd start the cycle again.

Doing it this way I found that I wasn't rushing through a given questline, it kept it varied so it wasnt just one dungeon or ruin after another and levelled my character up in a balanced way. 

I tried to just have one quest marker active at once as well otherwise u spend half the time checking the map to see if your heading towards the right marker

• 7 posts
    January 13, 2012 5:30 PM EST

Totally agree, i try so hard to stay on track, and even if i do someone is bound to run up to me and ask me a favour. i am so bombarded and i just cant say no, i feel bad lol.

glad there is so much content though

• 426 posts
    January 13, 2012 6:15 PM EST

Also I will create a little mini adventure encompassing a couple of misc objectives and a guild or main quest. This worked best if I only had a limited amount of time to play. The radiance system helped out with this by generating brilliant random encounters.