Forums » Support

Getting Started - Profile Page Customisation

• 288 posts
    September 6, 2016 7:32 AM EDT

Are your menus supposed to be red or is it getting the style from my own page?

• 312 posts
    September 6, 2016 7:33 AM EDT

They're supposed to be like that. ^_^

• 288 posts
    September 6, 2016 7:33 AM EDT

Ah, k, good job, then :)

• 312 posts
    September 6, 2016 7:36 AM EDT

Yeah, I wanted to make them darker, but then they wouldn't show up right. :(

And thanks. I really appreciate all the help you've given me.

• 288 posts
    September 6, 2016 7:39 AM EDT

No probs. I see you floated the like too :P

• 312 posts
    September 6, 2016 7:41 AM EDT

Yes, yes, I did. Looks better that way. :P

• 288 posts
    September 6, 2016 7:42 AM EDT

I just noticed - there is a white dot in the lower left corner of your undermenu picture.

You probably need to make some element transparent.

• 312 posts
    September 6, 2016 7:43 AM EDT

Everything is good.

(inb4 I find something else that ticks me off. :D)

Update:  Yep. Found a thing that was annoying, but it was a quick fix, so I'm not too salty.

This post was edited by WuYiXiang at September 6, 2016 8:08 AM EDT
    • 641 posts
    September 6, 2016 8:11 AM EDT

I still don't really have any idea how to do this :P

• 312 posts
    September 6, 2016 8:13 AM EDT

Try toying with the templates I've linked to. They really do help.

Edit:  How do I stop getting sidetracked by my CSS? I keep trying to prettify it.

This post was edited by WuYiXiang at September 6, 2016 6:20 PM EDT
    • 585 posts
    September 8, 2016 8:18 AM EDT

Sooo... anyone wanna do this for me?

• 275 posts
    September 13, 2016 6:13 PM EDT

Took a few hours but I made a great looking profile.

• 275 posts
    September 14, 2016 1:28 AM EDT

Anyone have any idea why my updates tab doesn't appear when I'm logged in but it's there when I'm logged out?

• 312 posts
    September 14, 2016 3:22 AM EDT

Ebonslayer said:

Anyone have any idea why my updates tab doesn't appear when I'm logged in but it's there when I'm logged out?

I'm not entirely sure what you mean. Can you provide a screenshot?

• 275 posts
    September 14, 2016 3:38 PM EDT

WuYiXiang said:

Ebonslayer said:

I'm not entirely sure what you mean. Can you provide a screenshot?

When I'm offline and visiting my page it immediately opens to the updates tab. If I'm logged on however I get this.

• 312 posts
    September 14, 2016 3:43 PM EDT

Ebonslayer said:

When I'm offline and visiting my page it immediately opens to the updates tab. If I'm logged on however I get this.

If you look at your URL, it says tamrielvault4.com and not tamrielvault.com. Deleting the 4 should fix the problem.

• 275 posts
    September 14, 2016 10:30 PM EDT

WuYiXiang said:

Ebonslayer said:

If you look at your URL, it says tamrielvault4.com and not tamrielvault.com. Deleting the 4 should fix the problem.

That works, thanks.

• 312 posts
    September 15, 2016 12:27 AM EDT

Ebonslayer said:

That works, thanks.

Not a problem!

• 288 posts
    September 15, 2016 2:42 AM EDT

Ebon, your menus and your frame are moving on mouseover. Unless that's a desired effect I suggest somehow fixing the height/width.

• 1595 posts
    September 29, 2016 12:21 AM EDT

WuYiXiang said:

At Phil's behest, I'm going to post a bit about what I know about CSS. I uploaded 2 different versions of the background picture:  One at normal brightness and one turned up 250 on GIMP. The brightened version serves as the background for the feed to provide a false "Opacity" look. If you do this, always remember to specify your image sizes, or else it won't fit together correctly. I'm very bad at actually describing how to do things so I'm including comments to describe what each part of my code is doing.

Thanks Wu :D Nicked your code.

This post was edited by Paws at September 29, 2016 12:22 AM EDT
    • 261 posts
    September 29, 2016 7:21 AM EDT

Hey, is there a way to have a backround for your text in blogs? I.E, instead of the text being on a white backround, change it to some old paper texture? I tried my hand at it, but it only changed the stuff *behind* the white-backed wall of text. It's something I'd like to try to see how it looks.

This post was edited by Tenebrous at September 29, 2016 7:22 AM EDT
    • 1595 posts
    September 29, 2016 7:26 AM EDT

Yeah looky.

I copied you Wu's code, the guy's a wizard :)

Edit, oh right. mis-read.

Uhhm, Wu..? Any clue?

This post was edited by Paws at September 29, 2016 7:27 AM EDT
    • 77 posts
    September 29, 2016 7:44 AM EDT

Tenebrous said:

Hey, is there a way to have a backround for your text in blogs? I.E, instead of the text being on a white backround, change it to some old paper texture? I tried my hand at it, but it only changed the stuff *behind* the white-backed wall of text. It's something I'd like to try to see how it looks.

Strangely, I thought about that a little while back for my poetry, I'm away this weekend, but if Wu doesn't have a solution, I'll take a look on the next one.

If we can it would be an excellent new thing to have for the blogs in terms of presentation :-)

• 457 posts
    September 29, 2016 7:15 PM EDT

A question--I've been copying and pasting coding and am satisfied with the background (thank you Phil and WuYiXiang... I would NEVER have been able to do it without your work on those templates (and don't try to get all modest and say you just ripped off someone else's template--you still have been working ;D).

Here's what it currently looks like:

BUT, I'm still not satisfied with all the white space on the main page (or whatever you call it). I'm old school, so I prefer things to be solid rather than my text competing with a transparent background, but I don't really know how to switch the background from white to a very pale kind of tan or brown or green or whatever. How do you mess about with colors for this section? Thanks, all! ;D