Forums » The Lounge

Ideals for Games

• 1441 posts
    June 25, 2016 3:54 PM EDT

So, I've had a few ideas for games for quite awhile now. I'll let you guys check them out, and maybe toss me ideas. 

1. The Crawling Chaos-Obviously inspired by Nyartholep of the Cthulhu mythos. As he is, to an extent, the most "human" of the Old Ones, and actually dicking with humanity purposefully, my idea is your character finds out that, say, their room mate is actually an avatar of old Gnarly. Nyartholep begins the end of the world. Primarily a horror game, as you have sanity, which drains, and hiding or running is often the best decision. But you do have the option to fight. Note, this will not comply with Nyarly himself. You can kill the Dark Young, and other nasty beasts thrown at you, but obviously with trouble, and faster sanity drainage. The ending with depend on sanity level, which can be replenished by say, drinking beer or something, in a Cthonic overrun city. Option A. Join Nyartholep as his new avatar. Option B. Try and fight, and get killed in a short amount of time as Narly pits you against never ending hordes of Lovecraftian horrors. Option C. Be able to leave, but end up in a mental instituion for the rest of your life. Option D. Have your memory wiped, and placed in a simulation of normal life for all eternity. 

2. Fate-A small, SAW based idea. Your character awakens after a car crash, to find their wife/husband and kids missing. You have found that the doctor who saved your life wants to give you a second chance. Do you stick to your vices, such as drinking or gambling, at the cost of your loved ones' lives, or sanity, or kick away those bad habits, and save your family?

3. Slayer of Jotun-Inspired by Attack on Titan and Norse Mythology, you play as a young warrior in a Viking village, a large one. Every day, the Jotuns, or frost giants, try and storm these bastions of humanity. You have been tasked by the Aesir to be humanities champion.

4. Some sort of space game

• 54 posts
    June 25, 2016 3:59 PM EDT

Nice ideas but the title says ideals...

• 641 posts
    June 25, 2016 4:20 PM EDT

I always have ideas for games, I also have one for a Lovecraft inspired one.