Forums » The Lounge

Ideas for Dark Fantasy Novel

• 54 posts
    June 26, 2016 1:12 AM EDT

I have a suggestion for the book name, if the climax of the novel is the toppling of Dryke; 'The Blackeyed (or Blackhearted) Adviser'

• 273 posts
    June 26, 2016 4:20 AM EDT

That sounds quite fitting. According to a contact of mine, who is an excellent writer, I should name the book after I'm done writing (Or in this case, typing) it.

• 54 posts
    June 26, 2016 12:52 PM EDT

Possibly make the mercenary guild an informal, relaxed group, based in a friendly tavern in the area between the slums and mansions.  Probably not fiercely loyal to the MC, but on good terms with them none the less, but not wanting to follow them over the line into complete rebellion.  Name it the swift sword inn or something?

• 273 posts
    June 26, 2016 1:02 PM EDT

Something like what I was thinking. Maybe the guild itself is the reason why the inn has its name? It could also be connected to the Undercity, maybe through a trap door in the wine cellar?

• 273 posts
    June 26, 2016 1:07 PM EDT

Added Factions section

• 54 posts
    June 27, 2016 11:41 AM EDT

Is this your first book?

• 273 posts
    June 27, 2016 11:55 AM EDT

Strictly speaking, yes. I did write a "book" a few years back and never got it published, looking back, I don't think I ever will. The world had no depth and the characters were bland and boring with no development, things happened for no reason, awful...

• 411 posts
    June 27, 2016 11:57 AM EDT

SEND IT TO ME!

• 273 posts
    June 27, 2016 11:58 AM EDT

BUT ITS ON PAPER, MIRRIC.

• 411 posts
    June 27, 2016 12:00 PM EDT

Scan it then

• 273 posts
    June 27, 2016 12:18 PM EDT

I don't if I can. 

• 273 posts
    October 4, 2016 3:22 PM EDT

Hey everyone! Just wanted to notify you all that this novel is not a dead project and I am still working on it, here I have added a massive amount lore, including a chronological history of the universe, enjoy!

• 312 posts
    October 4, 2016 5:04 PM EDT

Christ on a bike, this forum makes my giant of a worldbuilding folder look like a toddler's work...

• 273 posts
    October 4, 2016 5:05 PM EDT

WuYiXiang said:

Christ on a bike, this forum makes my giant of a worldbuilding folder look like a toddler's work...

Damn, really? Sorry, man!

• 273 posts
    October 4, 2016 5:05 PM EDT

WuYiXiang said:

Damn, really? Sorry, man!

• 273 posts
    October 7, 2016 9:03 AM EDT

Added information about the corruption of the Church of Yor and also edited older information.

• 273 posts
    October 8, 2016 2:43 PM EDT

Massively extended lore, including Undisciplined Forms of Magic, Oronel and Vhendel and an in-depth look at the races and their cultures. Added a new character to guide Jes.

• 277 posts
    October 8, 2016 2:56 PM EDT

Well I'm coming up with ideas about a cyberpunk novel trilogy starring the Shao'kai in futuristic times.

• October 8, 2016 2:56 PM EDT

Glad to see you're sticking with this. I'll be sure to check it out later today.

• 273 posts
    October 8, 2016 3:12 PM EDT

Noodles said:

Well I'm coming up with ideas about a cyberpunk novel trilogy starring the Shao'kai in futuristic times.

Sounds great, Noodles, I'd love to hear about it.

Also, Matt, I look forward to your feedback!

• 273 posts
    October 8, 2016 4:46 PM EDT

Added more characters and a section for Yor's White Hands.

• 3 posts
    October 9, 2016 5:07 PM EDT
    Absolutely amazing!
    Tell me if I'm on to something - were you imagining the Medieval Roman Catholic Church when you made the Church of Yor, because the organization with the corruption and implied secrecy with their assassins just screams the Medieval Church. Also, were their beliefs at all inspired by the Cult of Talos?
    • 273 posts
    October 9, 2016 5:19 PM EDT
    Hey, Ripped Iron! Yes, being raised a catholic myself, I took heavy inspiration from what I learned, combined with the Cathedral of the Deep and the Way of White from Dark Souls and yes, from the Cult of Talos. Well done for picking up on all that.
    • 273 posts
    October 9, 2016 5:19 PM EDT
    Hey, Ripped Iron! Yes, being raised a catholic myself, I took heavy inspiration from what I learned, combined with the Cathedral of the Deep and the Way of White from Dark Souls and yes, from the Cult of Talos. Well done for picking up on all that.
    • 3 posts
    October 10, 2016 4:21 PM EDT
    Mortiferous said:

LOL, I'm Catholic, a Medieval buff and an old-school ES gamer. Coincidence.

Good luck on your project! If you ever want help or want me to aid in advertising, email me at reclaimedalmsivi@gmail.com