Forums » Elder Scrolls

Favorite DLC?

• 1 posts
    June 20, 2016 5:41 AM EDT
    For me it would have to be Dawnguard. Hearthfire is more of an addon than a true DLC, but both are some of my favorites. Crossbows, vampires, Moth Priests, what is there not to love about this expansion? Adding subtle references from earlier titles was an added treat. Hearthfire lets you actually own property and gives a bit of wiggle room to make a mark upon the land, not really a big fan of the adoption part but you truly feel like a settler creating your own little homestead. :D
    • 224 posts
    June 20, 2016 9:01 AM EDT

Dawnguard!!, love killing Vampires, its like a profession, lol, and Skyrim looks a really cool place to hunt them, Dawguard faction is so cool are the rude ones, not like Vigilants of Stendarr people

• 59 posts
    June 20, 2016 10:32 AM EDT

Dawnguard.

• 20 posts
    June 20, 2016 1:02 PM EDT

Hearthfire is just too good. I remember being level 8, just starting out my adventure as a nobody. Then it happened. I hit level 9. The tier of true legends. Before hearthfire, there was no recognition for my level 9 godhood. But then the DLC came out and the Jarl of Falkreath finally understood true power. Most rewarding feeling ever.

To be honest though, I think Dawnguard is my favorite. Crossbows, elder scrolls, cool perk trees for vampires and werewolves, and I just really liked the story more than Dragonborn. Dragonborn seemed so final, but Dawnguard feels more open to being done at any time at your leisure.

• 51 posts
    June 20, 2016 2:11 PM EDT

Wow, it's so cool to think my discussion inspired a poll!

• 45 posts
    June 20, 2016 3:45 PM EDT
    Definitely shivering isles for me
    • 184 posts
    June 20, 2016 4:56 PM EDT

Mine would have to be a tie between The Shivering Isles, Knights of the Nine and Dragonborn. I loved them all a great deal.

• 1467 posts
    June 20, 2016 5:05 PM EDT

I'm very confused at the fact that Dawnguard is anywhere close to Shivering Isles...Ya'll obviously need to be play more Oblivion because as an expansion, it alone makes Oblivion the best Elder Scrolls game, without it...well I'd say it's in my top 6 somewhere 

Shivering Isles is my vote, it's the perfect combination of adding more content, expanding the Lore, being awesome,  giving us more of Sheo's wacky, wacky behaviors (and perfecting it damn it) and being a hilarious and quite thought-provoking story. 

Honestly, Dragonborn is high up there, but it's more Morrowind Nolstaglia, and the thing about Morrowind is that you can play it by itself just fine (though...to be fair, kicking Almalexia's ass is just way too much fun, ooh and everything about Bloodmoon). Oblivion is kind of mediocre and I believe Shivering Isles is what puts it over the edge as a good game.

• 184 posts
    June 20, 2016 5:42 PM EDT

The other end of the bias: For a while, I enjoyed Oblivion way more than I enjoyed Skyrim, even though I played the latter first, and this was even before I went to the Shivering Isles. 

• 261 posts
    June 20, 2016 5:55 PM EDT

I agree with Wing. I love Oblivion. 

• 184 posts
    June 20, 2016 7:01 PM EDT

I didn't know you were so into Knights of the Nine! I loved that DLC so much.  It inspired me to write an Oblivion fanfiction way too many years ago with Ender's Game-esque heroic conflict and moral dilemmas. The horror of finding that you had been laid to rest with all of the other dead crusaders was really compelling to me.

• 122 posts
    June 20, 2016 7:32 PM EDT

I loved The Shivering Isles. It was a glorious little Twilight Zone episode that granted you some nifty powers and a very epic sort of ending for the Hero of Kvatch.

I actually bought a copy of Morrowind and its DLCs, but the game has not aged gracefully or well, and I'm having a bear of a time making myself slog through it to see the content.

• 1595 posts
    June 21, 2016 5:28 AM EDT

Don't get me started on KotN, I could very well bore you to death with my enthusiasm and tales of just how much it made me love TES  Suffice it to say that nowadays anything containing a knightly theme or the names Alessia, Morihaus or Pelinal inspire an almost fanatical excitement in me.

So your description of your story has now inspired an almost ridiculous level of need to read it 

• 184 posts
    June 21, 2016 7:08 AM EDT

Absolutely not.  I was thirteen years old and never even finished the blasted thing.

• 649 posts
    June 21, 2016 7:12 AM EDT
    I'm still enjoying Oblivion more than Skyrim, so I know where you're coming from, Wing.
    • 1467 posts
    June 21, 2016 7:33 AM EDT

Oh don't get me wrong, I love Oblivion, but honestly I think it's one of those games that because it's so easy to mod even on my shitty Laptop, I've conditioned myself to only enjoy it modded.

Also, never mention Oblivion near Karver and me, I still owe him an Oblivion Build

• 1467 posts
    June 21, 2016 7:36 AM EDT

Tell us a story about Pelinal Phil. How about that one where he may or may not have been *cough* intimate with Morihaus 

• 649 posts
    June 21, 2016 7:44 AM EDT
    You know, DB,if there wasn't a certain fool around that would remind me that build, I would most likely forget...alas...

WHERE IS THAT OBLIVION BUILD?!
    • 321 posts
    June 21, 2016 7:44 AM EDT

I love Oblivion (which is the only TES game I could get running at 30 fps, modded!) more than Skyrim. The only problem is that I had to force myself to break one of my golden rules of role-playing: Fast travel. Somehow travelling across Cyrodiil on horse-back feels... dull. 

Ugh... I need to get back to Oblivion.

• 627 posts
    June 21, 2016 7:50 AM EDT

Hey DB! Are you trying to replace me as the site's resident Fool? 

• 649 posts
    June 21, 2016 7:52 AM EDT
    You have to get back to Oblivion, Axius. And you have to buy Horse Armor. Best DLC ever! Makes the game so much better you will never get tired of riding a horse in Oblivion!
    • 288 posts
    June 21, 2016 7:53 AM EDT

Hm, you're going to make me try Oblivion again.

Are there any visual overhaul mods for it?

• 649 posts
    June 21, 2016 7:55 AM EDT
    There definitely are visual overhaul mods. I have few in my Mod List in Classics, but because I'm on phone I can't link it :(
    • 261 posts
    June 21, 2016 7:55 AM EDT

Oblivion Character Overhaul is one of my go-to mods. Makes the characters actually good-looking, IMO, while staying true to the whole ES style. 

• 288 posts