Forums » Fallout

Workshop DLC's... Yay or Nay?

• 1913 posts
    June 14, 2016 12:43 AM EDT

With the announcement of the next 2 Fallout 4 DLC's being workshop ones, I have to wonder... Are y'all OK with this?

Me personally... I am. Not only am I addicted to the settlement system an have constant building ideas ready to churn out (coming soon, pictures of Fort Starlight), but it helps support mod authors... I know, that sounds ludicrous, how does paying for content that you could get from a free mod support them? Well... its quite simple actually... By taking new resources from DLC, Mod Authors can refine their own mods and make fantastic new ones.

Don't believe me? Look at Beast Master: Creature Companion Overhaul (I plan to do a mod spotlight on  this soon). This entire mod, the complex relationship system, the customization, and all that it entails... Was made by a mod author who played the dlc and wanted more. 

So in a way, I suggest supporting it not only to get sweet stuff out of it, but to get great mods later down the line.

• 773 posts
    June 14, 2016 3:43 AM EDT

I have Season Pass so I'll be adding it to my Fallout 4

I must say though, I am somewhat disappointed that four of the six DLCs are essentially workshop enhancements. OK, Automatron had a quest line (quite an entertaining one I thought) but the end result is the Robot Workshop. So you could say that maybe three and half of the DLC are workshop features.

• 59 posts
    June 14, 2016 9:33 AM EDT

I never liked settlement building in Fo4. I'd just rather go kill raiders. So I am dissapointed. Far harbor was just amazing, and if they focused on something like that, I would be super happy, but, nay for me.