Forums » The Lounge

Getting To Know You - Vol. 2 - More Questions!

• 557 posts
    June 7, 2016 10:23 PM EDT

Hello hello everyone, Emer Dareloth here with yet another "get to know you" question-and-answer thread! This thread is both a follow-up to this one from a month ago, and I'm posting it with the hope that it will help us all get to know the people on the other side of the screen! As always, you don't need to answer any of these questions if you don't want to! Now let's get to it!

About You Off-Site:

1. When you were little, what was your dream career? 
    2. Do you have any favorite books/movies/television shows? If so, what are they?
    3. What are you afraid of? 
    4. What's your most embarrassing memory? (keep it clean people )
    5. What was your favorite subject in school?
    6. What is your favorite food? 
    7. Do you have any heroes? If you do, who are they and why? 
    8. What would you say is your best quality? 
    9. What would you say is your worst? 
    10. Do you have a "prized possession"? If so, what is it?

About You On-Site:

1. Which part of the Vault do you hang around in most of the time? Why? 
    2. Are there any groups that you haven't joined yet? If so, what're you waiting for?! 
    3. If you were put in charge for a day, what would you change? (you'd get rid of Paul, wouldn't you, you little bastard )
    4. Do you think there is anything that could be done to make the Vault a better place? If so, what is it? 
    5. What's your fondest memory of the Vault? 
    6. Would you say that your an active member here? Why or why not? 
    7. Do you participate in any of the competitions that we have? Have you ever won any of them?
    8. Would you rather be "just a member" or would you rather make a name for yourself here?
    9. How did you find out about the Vault?
    10. Have you ever posted something here that you're proud of?

These are a bit more in depth than the previous lot, but that's the point! If you don't want to answer any then feel free to skip them!

• 1441 posts
    June 7, 2016 10:34 PM EDT
    1. When you were little, what was your dream career? A game designer, still is
    2. Do you have any favorite books/movies/television shows? If so, what are they? Too many to list here, but for a few, ASOIAF/GOT, One Punch Man, Friendship is Magic, RWBY, JoJo's Bizzare Adventure, Harry Potter, The Night Angel Trilogy,
    3. What are you afraid of? Spiders, mostly the venemous kind
    4. What's your most embarrassing memory? (keep it clean people ) Let's just say it was once instance, during kindergarten, while we were in line, I didn't make it to the bathroom.
    5. What was your favorite subject in school? History
    6. What is your favorite food? Steak
    7. Do you have any heroes? If you do, who are they and why? Teddy Roosevelt, my mom, my grandpa, Abraham Lincoln, Jesus, etc. All awesome in there own way
    8. What would you say is your best quality? My open mindedness
    9. What would you say is your worst? I'm horrible at organization
    10. Do you have a "prized possession"? If so, what is it? A katana my mom got when she was vacationing in Japan.

About You On-Site:

1. Which part of the Vault do you hang around in most of the time? Why? CB, I like reading builds.
    2. Are there any groups that you haven't joined yet? If so, what're you waiting for?! Hmm, not that I can think of.
    3. If you were put in charge for a day, what would you change? (you'd get rid of Paul, wouldn't you, you little bastard ) Let's see, less assholees
    4. Do you think there is anything that could be done to make the Vault a better place? If so, what is it? Make the site a bit more friendly to scrubs.
    5. What's your fondest memory of the Vault? Joining, back when Mason ran CB, and Ben wasn't Donald Trump not swinging the axe
    6. Would you say that your an active member here? Why or why not? Yes, as I try and chip in every now and again.
    7. Do you participate in any of the competitions that we have? Have you ever won any of them? Yes, and sadly, no, though I wanna.
    8. Would you rather be "just a member" or would you rather make a name for yourself here? Already have, I miss you guys in the Elder Council.
    9. How did you find out about the Vault? The internets
    10. Have you ever posted something here that you're proud of? Most of my builds.
    • 557 posts
    June 7, 2016 10:37 PM EDT

Allow me to start this off!

About You Off-Site:

1. I always wanted to own a zoo. Ever since I was little I dreamed of owning and caring for countless animals (and with the small menagerie that I already own I'd say I'm close to getting there!).
    2. I'm a huge fan of the Harry Potter, LotR, and Game of Thrones series. I just love the worlds that they take place in and I think the lore and background is phenomenal. 
    3. Ants. No joke, they terrify me.
    4. I used to work in a restaurant alongside a woman who lost her hand in an accident. One day she was reaching for a stack of plates and I said to her "Need a hand?" without thinking about who I was talking to..... I didn't work there for long....
    5. History! I love learning about the past!
    6. I'm a huge seafood fan. I particularly love snow crab. 
    7. Oddly enough, I do not. 
    8. I'm a very generous person - I prefer to give things to people rather than receive them.  
    9. I'm secretly a bit of an a**hole   But hey, at least I know it!
    10. I do! I have a shard of uncut ruby that my grandmother gave me before she passed away. There's a story behind it, but I won't bore you all with those details. 

About You On-Site:

1. The Elder Council/Consulate, but that's just out of necessity  When I'm not "working" then I like to look over all of the builds that new members post, read all of the wonderful stories that we have, and check the art group. 
    2. I don't think so! 
    3. Pssssh, that'll never happen. Who would be dumb enough to put ME in charge?!
    4. Get the hell off of Ning....
    5. Way back in the days after I joined, I remember seeing all of the people interacting as one community rather than separate groups. It was hectic, but it was nice. We all knew each other back then and nobody was forgotten. 
    6. I try to be as active as I can be, but I'm a busy man. 
    7. I think I helped with an event build once, but honestly I don't remember...
    8. I think I'll pass on this one. 
    9. I found this site back when it was a Wordpress blog. I remember I was googling "Skyrim Spoilers" and came across something on the old site. 
    10. Every year when I get to post the "we hit the fundraiser goal" status it makes me see how much people love this place, and that makes me feel a bit of pride. 
    • 59 posts
    June 7, 2016 10:38 PM EDT
    1. When you were little, what was your dream career? NFL player
    2. Do you have any favorite books/movies/television shows? If so, what are they? Hunger Games
    3. What are you afraid of? I dunno. An apocalypse 
    4. What's your most embarrassing memory? (keep it clean people ) i also don't know, not really a good one
    5. What was your favorite subject in school? history
    6. What is your favorite food? steak
    7. Do you have any heroes? If you do, who are they and why? Balgruuf the greater 
    8. What would you say is your best quality? my wit
    9. What would you say is your worst? my anger problems sometimes
    10. Do you have a "prized possession"? If so, what is it? my computer

1. Which part of the Vault do you hang around in most of the time? Why? Skyrim character building. for the builds and fun
    2. Are there any groups that you haven't joined yet? If so, what're you waiting for?! yes a bunch, that i don't care about
    3. If you were put in charge for a day, what would you change? (you'd get rid of Paul, wouldn't you, you little bastard ) ID never get rid of paul. id kick everyone else
    4. Do you think there is anything that could be done to make the Vault a better place? If so, what is it? ITs already great
    5. What's your fondest memory of the Vault? reading straag rod or U.O.T.W.
    6. Would you say that your an active member here? Why or why not? Yes. i reply a bunch
    7. Do you participate in any of the competitions that we have? Have you ever won any of them? no and no
    8. Would you rather be "just a member" or would you rather make a name for yourself here? just a member, for now
    9. How did you find out about the Vault? searching for builds
    10. Have you ever posted something here that you're proud of? my terror of riverwood!
    • 59 posts
    June 7, 2016 11:03 PM EDT

We both like history and steak.

• 59 posts
    June 7, 2016 11:08 PM EDT

You wanted skyrim spoilers???

• 1467 posts
    June 7, 2016 11:17 PM EDT

When you were little, what was your dream career? 

Heh, I have no idea. I didn't really have a dream career when I was a kid, just rolled with whatever was happening.

Do you have any favorite books/movies/television shows? If so, what are they?

Eh, too many probably. Movies, I enjoy any Marvel/DC movie, Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter Star Wars, 300 (The first movie, not the moderately bad sequel), Dark Knight series, the entire Rocky franchise (1-->Creed, didn't hate any of them). Books would probably be Harry Potter, Star Wars, LotR, the Inheritance Cycle (at least until Inheritance, never liked the final book). TV, eh that's just too long to list, so my top 3 would probably be Walking Dead, House and the Fate anime series (Fate/Stay Night, Fate/Zero, Unlimited Bladeworks).

What are you afraid of? 

Spiders are evil, evil creatures. I've been terrified of heights for years (not as bad now as it used to be, you still won't find me going anywhere high by choice though). 

What's your most embarrassing memory? (keep it clean people )

I have no idea...Honestly I don't focus on what embarrass me all that much, I push it to the side most of the time.

What was your favorite subject in school?

History, always has been and still is (Currently doing a Double Major in College, which is Year 11/12 here, don't ask why, but that's how my individual territory works in Australia)

What is your favorite food? 

Edible food  I'll admit I probably eat a bit too much, I'm a big fan of food, eating it definitely but cooking to an extent as well (mostly baking).

Do you have any heroes? If you do, who are they and why? 

Not really, I'm inspired sure by people, but I don't really have heroes in the normal sense.

Do you have a "prized possession"? If so, what is it?

Eh, no? I dunno really...

Which part of the Vault do you hang around in most of the time? Why?

The main page, but other then that, definitely the Workshop. I might have dropped of a teeny bit lately, but regardless of whether or not I still host the group, I have a responsibility to pass on my knowledge, and I think that it's one thing I'm actually kind of decent at.

Are there any groups that you haven't joined yet? If so, what're you waiting for?! 

The Consulate  And I'm just waiting to overthrow the Admins with the power of...I dunno, status updates talking about bread? 

If you were put in charge for a day, what would you change? (you'd get rid of Paul, wouldn't you, you little bastard )

*Cough*...Umm let's skip this one,  nobody has the time to here my master plan but for one, every group would be changed to have Corner in the title 

Do you think there is anything that could be done to make the Vault a better place? If so, what is it? 

These are designed to stump me aren't they, admit it. I don't really have the time to comment on it in this thread, and I'm not in the mood to piss everyone off at the moment, but rest assured there are numerous thing I would do.

What's your fondest memory of the Vault? 

My entire time as Workshop Host (well, at least the Workshop related stuff). It was definitely the bright spot, both as a member and Host.

Would you say that your an active member here? Why or why not?

Yeah I'd say I am. According to the little, members thing in each group (which I've been told is based of activity) I'm the most active member to date in both the Workshop and Gaming Corner (I won't lie, I definitely haven't been active in the RPG Group), 5th most active in the Gateway, somehow I'm the 6th most active member of the Art Group (I'm very confused by this too), 8th most active CB member and the 21st most active Lore Member (Whoo). 9th most active member in Classics, and I somehow managed 3rd most active Tips and Tricks Member. In other words, if I'm in a group actively, I'm very active in that group, and put all I have into it. 

Do you participate in any of the competitions that we have? Have you ever won any of them?

I've participated in all the Giveaways I think, oh and I entered an Art Contest and 2 CB Contests but no I've never won anything.

Would you rather be "just a member" or would you rather make a name for yourself here?

Fuck, that's hard...Honestly I feel I've already made a name for myself, as that "Workshop Guy" or that "Guy who has too many opinions and states them too often" depending on who you talk to  On one hand, I feel like the Hosting position isn't for me anymore, but I feel like it would allow me to help out the groups I want to help out in a more official position. At the moment, I'm doing what I can as a member to help out around the site (Mostly CB, Lore and the Workshop) but if I was a Host I could do it easier. 

Eh, we'll say both and neither for now 

How did you find out about the Vault?

No idea, searching for builds probably.

Have you ever posted something here that you're proud of?

I posted a sweet status about Ducks once, that was a particularly proud moment 

But really, sure, I have 3 Hall of Fame Builds, good old Heroic has done a video feature of one of my builds, and I have some kickass builds that I enjoy (and really, none of them are HoF, or really even Mythic Builds).

Other then that, nothing that's still on the site. 

• June 7, 2016 11:33 PM EDT

About You Off-Site:

1. When you were little, what was your dream career? Marine biologist.
    2. Do you have any favorite books/movies/television shows? If so, what are they? Favorite movie is probably the Princess Bride and favorite book at the moment is probably the Mistborn series, but I change favorite books pretty frequently. Next month it'll probably be Dune.
    3. What are you afraid of? Hmm. Heights, I guess. I don't really have constant fear of anything. Obviously I'd be scared of someone breaking into my house, but I'm fairly certain it's not gonna happen.
    4. What's your most embarrassing memory? Pass, can't really think of any.
    5. What was your favorite subject in school? I really enjoyed my last writing class. Got to do a paper on Tolkien and my professor was a big fan so I couldn't BS anything.
    6. What is your favorite food? Pasta with marinara sauce.
    7. Do you have any heroes? If you do, who are they and why? Not particularly. I don't really idolize anyone, but I do strongly admire a lot of people. Like JK Rowling. She's certainly not my favorite author and you can probably write a book about the plot holes or dumb character decisions in Harry Potter, but her own story is what makes me admire her.
    8. What would you say is your best quality? I'm extremely patient and laidback. If someone has a bad day and freaks out on me, I won't hold it against them when they're apologizing. Stuff like that.
    9. What would you say is your worst? Being that laidback also means I'm extremely undisciplined when it comes to stuff like actually motivating myself.
    10. Do you have a "prized possession"? If so, what is it? Honestly, no.

About You On-Site:

1. Which part of the Vault do you hang around in most of the time? Why? Lore. It's kept my interest even more than the CB group, which is my second most visited group.
    2. Are there any groups that you haven't joined yet? If so, what're you waiting for?! Some of the newer ones and all the Fallout ones, because I haven't gotten around to the newer ones and I don't play Fallout.
    3. If you were put in charge for a day, what would you change? Nothing. Laidback and unmotivated, remember?
    4. Do you think there is anything that could be done to make the Vault a better place? If so, what is it? Hmm. I don't know. My view of the site is very narrow, so I don't have a lot to say. I would say my biggest worry has always been the site turning it into some kind of uppity, business thing rather than a place for people (including hosts) to just chill out. And I mean business in the tone and how it's managed, not literally becoming a business. Obviously I don't know if that worry is warranted anymore since I don't have some kind of spyglass into the Elder Council and Consulate.
    5. What's your fondest memory of the Vault? Ooh. Let's see, talking with Vix and Kyne were always great. Extremely knowledgeable and humble, those two. I also loved reading some of the stories like Kyrielle's Bosmer Ranger or Bilal's Khajiit Dragonborn (sadly that one isn't here anymore). BWC had some phenomenal moments despite its overall darker history. Watching the Character Build group improve. I wish we still had one of those 2011 builds just to show a good comparison to today's builds. PMing Phil about any random lore theory that popped into my head and eagerly waiting for a response. I've had a lot of great moments here.
    6. Would you say that your an active member here? Why or why not? I think so. I try to answer some lore questions every now and then.
    7. Do you participate in any of the competitions that we have? Have you ever won any of them? Nope. I was one of the judges for the first CB contest thing. That didn't go so well. But I think that started my friendship with Phil (even though he was against the judges' panel.)
    8. Would you rather be "just a member" or would you rather make a name for yourself here? Well I certainly enjoy the recognition I get for being the expert on Redguards.
    9. How did you find out about the Vault? Ponty's build videos. A lot of the members who joined in 2012 probably found the Vault the same way.
    10. Have you ever posted something here that you're proud of? Totally! Namely my lore articles and my Way-Maker and Keerilth builds.
    • 268 posts
    June 8, 2016 7:36 AM EDT

About You Off-Site:

1. When you were little, what was your dream career? I just wanted to be one of those guys who lazed about and did nothing and got paid for it. If there were women involved, even better. 
    2. Do you have any favorite books/movies/television shows? If so, what are they? Favourite books would be ASOIAF series, Kingkiller Chronicle and Warbreaker. Movies would be Usual Suspects, anything with Hugh Jackman or Keanu. TV... GOT and Gotham. I keep meaning to start watching Flash, Arrow, etc...
    3. What are you afraid of? Falling pianos.
    4. What's your most embarrassing memory? (keep it clean people ) Can't think of one at the moment. I may come back to this later.
    5. What was your favorite subject in school? Maths. 
    6. What is your favorite food? Good old hamburger and fries. Or Hibachi, loved that when I went to the states.
    7. Do you have any heroes? If you do, who are they and why? I don't really have any heroes, I respect a few famous people, if that counts.
    8. What would you say is your best quality? Smart, I guess? Whenever people have problems they'll usually come to me for advice or something.
    9. What would you say is your worst? I'm argumentative and competitive as hell.
    10. Do you have a "prized possession"? If so, what is it? I don't think I have one. While I'd be pissed off at losing a lot of things, there's nothing I'd see as irreplaceable.

About You On-Site:

1. Which part of the Vault do you hang around in most of the time? Why? CB, RPG Group. My interests, mainly.
    2. Are there any groups that you haven't joined yet? If so, what're you waiting for?! I haven't joined anything that I have no interest in. A couple, off the top of my head. 
    3. If you were put in charge for a day, what would you change? (you'd get rid of Paul, wouldn't you, you little bastard ) I don't think anything would change, I'm far too lazy to do anything.
    4. Do you think there is anything that could be done to make the Vault a better place? If so, what is it? ES6 being announced at E3. It would hopefully bring everything full circle and people could just concentrate on that, rather than being so fragmented as we are now.
    5. What's your fondest memory of the Vault? Getting the Skaal Crusader to Legendary, or winning the CB contest with the ol' Riften Most Wanted. Teamwork ftw!
    6. Would you say that your an active member here? Why or why not? I'd say I used to be active. I suppose my interests in Skyrim and Fallout are dwindling, so that naturally cuts me off from most aspects of the Vault.
    7. Do you participate in any of the competitions that we have? Have you ever won any of them? Won CB Contest 3, baby!
    8. Would you rather be "just a member" or would you rather make a name for yourself here? If I am considered a 'big name,' I'd think it would be fun to start again and see whether I could do it again. Though I do enjoy the rep I got for being that necromage guy who frequently breaks the game with necrovamps.
    9. How did you find out about the Vault? It was the Skryim Blog when I found it, thankyou very much. Googled builds, I think I found Mason's first.
    10. Have you ever posted something here that you're proud of? Quite a lot. Builds mostly.
    • 140 posts
    June 8, 2016 7:45 AM EDT

Off-Site:

1. Skip
    2. Game of Thrones, Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit, Top Gear seasons 1-22 (Anyone who calls it a motoring show is wrong!)
    3. Spiders. I hate those damn things. Too many eyes, you know?
    4. Skip
    5. History
    6. Sushi, which is strange, because I dislike pretty much all other seafood.
    7. No 
    8. My general knowledge, probably.
    9. Where do I get started...
    10. A real make-shift gun I made with my father a few years back. It uses firecrackers to fire fishing sinkers. Not very powerful, but it sure is deadly to Styrofoam cups!

On-Site:

1. There isn't really a place I'm most active in, but I do check the Classics group whenever I'm online.
    2. The Fallout groups, Elder Scrolls Online, and the RPG Group. Reason: I have no interest in them.
    3. Honestly? Change the name back to The Skyrim Blog, bring back Live Roleplaying: Skyrim, somehow find a way to move all Fallout content to the RPG group instead, and move the CharacterCrusade tab under Useful Links where it won't crowd the navigation bar.
    4. Less secrecy.
    5. Skip
    6. Definitely active. I'm here just about all the time.
    7. No, to both.
    8. Make a name for myself. I like to think I've already done that.
    9. Looking for Character Builds.
    10. Yes.
    • 168 posts
    June 8, 2016 5:20 PM EDT

About You Off-Site:

1) Create 3D characters

2) Temeraire.

3) Doing or say something I would regret later.

4) I used to pee on the bed everytime I had dreams of myself going to the bathroom.

5) Science.

6) Steak

7) Shigeru Myamoto, the maker of Mario, Zelda, Starfox and Donkey Kong, games that have a special place in my heart. I even named my Khajiit Thalmor Slayer after him. Funny though the japanese name of Gary Oak (the rival of Ash in pokemon) is Shigeru.

8) Calm.

9) Lazy.

10) A dragon statue.

About You On-Site:

1) Character Building because I hate generic builds.

2) Workshop because I have no builds to share, they are all generic.

3) More friendship, less drama.

4) It's already great.

5) The Ulfric day.

6) Yes.

7) No.

8) Just a member.

9) I was looking for a Khajiit mage build when I bumped to Flame of Magrus. This is how I discovered the site.

10) My Khajiit warrior Vashani

• 179 posts
    June 8, 2016 6:22 PM EDT
    I think I helped with an event build once, but honestly I don't remember...

Most builders would kill to have a build with 100+ likes and meanwhile here you are forgetting about one of yours.

• 179 posts
    June 8, 2016 6:26 PM EDT

Though I do enjoy the rep I got for being that alchemy guy who frequently breaks the game with alchemists.

Fix'd 

• 59 posts
    June 8, 2016 6:51 PM EDT

YES!!

• 1595 posts
    June 9, 2016 3:10 AM EDT

Nice, Todd, very nice  "Need a hand?" 

• 1595 posts
    June 9, 2016 3:12 AM EDT

Fond memories for me too Matt  

• 411 posts
    June 9, 2016 4:02 AM EDT
    When you were little, what was your dream career? It was and still is voice actor
    Do you have any favorite books/movies/television shows? If so, what are they? My favorite television show is Death Note. My movie is L change the WorLd and my favorite book is Death Note Another Note: The Los Angeles BB Murder Cases. As you can tell im a big fan of Death Note.(All three are Death Note related)
    What are you afraid of? People. I cant talk to anyone. I hate it.
    What's your most embarrassing memory? (keep it clean people ) Cant remember
    What was your favorite subject in school? Video production
    What is your favorite food? Pizza
    Do you have any heroes? If you do, who are they and why? No
    What would you say is your best quality? None
    What would you say is your worst? Im very antisocial in person
    Do you have a "prized possession"? If so, what is it? Skip
    About You On-Site:

Which part of the Vault do you hang around in most of the time? Why? The Story Corner and Lore. No idea.
    Are there any groups that you haven't joined yet? If so, what're you waiting for?! I believe myself to be in all of them except for the private ones.
    If you were put in charge for a day, what would you change? (you'd get rid of Paul, wouldn't you, you little bastard ) I would get rid of ALL THE ADMINS! I would become the supreme Overseerlord! All Glory To Mirric! All Glory to the Thalmor!
    Do you think there is anything that could be done to make the Vault a better place? If so, what is it? 
    What's your fondest memory of the Vault? All of them.
    Would you say that your an active member here? Why or why not? I would say i am. I have known of this site as far back as 2012. I joined january 2nd 2015. I waited for a while and started to get more active in July and August.
    have you ever participated in the competitions that we have? Have you ever won any of them? I participated but never won.
    Would you rather be "just a member" or would you rather make a name for yourself here? I think Its safe to say that most of the frequent members know who i am.
    How did you find out about the Vault? Either Tips and Tricks, Lore or Story Corner. I know its not building (Unlike most here)
    Have you ever posted something here that you're proud of? My Noacc ripoff Mooacc. Its on the Classics front page after all. (Needs to update it)
    • 393 posts
    June 9, 2016 7:23 AM EDT

Off-Site:

1. Fashion designer. Yes, I was that silly

2. I don't have one favorite. So many beautiful books and movies I'read and watched, it could be a long, long list.

3. To make a mistake I won't be able to correct. To make mistakes in general. To hurt the people who are dear to me. To be an unworthy person.

4. All these times I have been a blondie doll or an arrogant stubborn b***h. Even you guys here might have seen some of these.

5. History of arts and literature.

6. Various Japanese foods and fresh salads.

7. Many people are heroes, every one in their own aspect. It's not hard to be my hero, just show the beauty of your soul and you'll have this Justiciar as your adoring fan))

8. I don't know, to be honest I don't think I have any worth mentioning. I'll let you judge)

9. Well, I am arrogant, stubborn, can't shut up, always say stupid things, emotionless, egoistic. Which of these is the worst?

10. Hmm... That probably would be my mother's earrings. They are nothing special and aren't expencive either, but they are the only thing I heve left from her so...

On-Site:

1. Lore and the Story Corner. Probably because I'm a nerd who loves reading

2. Yes, of course. I have joined only a few. Like, I haven't joined any of Fallout. And don't think I ever will, because I don't play it.

3. If I was offered such a thing, I'd run off screaming in horror.

4. Move from Ning.

5. I loved our little Dragon Breaks of discussions with the folks in the Lore group. Maybe there will yet be some more of those. I hope.

6. Yes and no. I do throw in a lot of comments, but nothing really useful.

7. No. I don't think I ever could.

8. I don't think I'd ever be able to do something big enough for that)

9. I was looking for some Altmeri lore on google)

10. Not really. I've never posted anything significant. Only loads of Thalmor pictures which aren't enough to be proud.

• 457 posts
    June 9, 2016 12:02 PM EDT
    1. When you were little, what was your dream career? Marine biologist.
    2. Do you have any favorite books/movies/television shows? If so, what are they? Favorite movie is probably the Princess Bride and favorite book at the moment is probably the Mistborn series, but I change favorite books pretty frequently. Next month it'll probably be Dune.

------------------------------------

Wow! After reading the first two answers, I thought perhaps that you had stolen my life xD

Actually that isn't 100% true; I still haven't read the Mistborn series (though I've heard nothing but good things about it). The Princess Bride is one of my favorite movies (and books), and I really got into Dune in the early 90's.

• 133 posts
    June 9, 2016 12:27 PM EDT

Looks like we have an easy fix to make the site perfect then...make you like Fallout

Nevermind, I don't believe in miracles.

• 133 posts
    June 9, 2016 12:28 PM EDT

4. Move from Ning.

A master of planning. Give 'em Emer's job!

• 457 posts
    June 9, 2016 1:26 PM EDT

About You Off-Site:

When you were little, what was your dream career?

Three way tie between marine biologist, oceanographer, and firefighter

Do you have any favorite books/movies/television shows? If so, what are they?

Books: LOtR/Hobbit, Ender’s Shadow, Three Men in a Boat, The Innocents Abroad, and Bridge of Birds

Movies: The Princess Bride, Raising Arizona, and Birdemic (must have the Rifftrax playing with it… otherwise this is my least favorite movie xD)

TV: Marvel Agents of Shield, Flash, Arrow, Castle, and Elementary.

What are you afraid of? 

Tarantulas. While I don’t get all cuddly with spiders, I’m not really afraid of them, but tarantulas are a different thing entirely. Look, tarantulas, if you’re going to be a spider, get rid of the freaking hair… hair is for mammals. If you’re going to be a mammal, ditch the four extra legs. You can’t have it both ways—that is an abomination!

What's your most embarrassing memory? (keep it clean people )

High school rally. I was on the track team, and they were announcing all the seniors. The idea was they would say your name, and you would run down this ramp, join your teammates at the bottom for high-fives and the typical jockery and shenanigans. There was a power-cord running across the bottom of the ramp, but they had duck taped it down so no one would trip. Well, my last name comes toward the end of the alphabet, and the people before me had loosened the tape, bit by bit, until there was almost half an inch sticking up off the floor… it was enough.

I wish I had only tripped, but the momentum from the ramp threw me forward, and as I desperately tried to catch my balance, I kept falling more and more forward until I was stumbling about on all fours like some drunk bear. Eventually my arms couldn’t keep up, and I found myself face down sliding in to my teammates. I can’t remember, but some of my buddies said that I took an additional couple of steps even after I had fallen on my face. All I do remember is when I popped back up, there were no high-fives, jockery, or shenanigans. There were a lot of observations that a varsity high jumper and high hurdles runner was unable to clear a one inch power-cord.

What was your favorite subject in school?

Physical Science, Geometry, and PE.

What is your favorite food? 

El Salvadoran pupusas

Do you have any heroes? If you do, who are they and why? 

My folks and the Missus. It is impossible not to admire the epic amount of patience they have shown over the years ;D

What would you say is your best quality? 

While I find it almost impossible to pick just one, I think my best quality would be my near deific sense of humility.

What would you say is your worst? 

Using humor to get out of having to say things that I don’t want to… like what my best quality is.

Do you have a "prized possession"? If so, what is it?

My hammock camping gear, part of a petrified tree that has grown amethysts on the inside, and an ostrich egg that I hollowed out (they still talk about the 8 person omelet I made from that).

About You On-Site:

Which part of the Vault do you hang around in most of the time? Why? 

Mainly the CB group, but I’ve dipped a toe in just about all of the groups. I tend to focus mainly on CB because that is what brought me here originally, I still play Skyrim regularly and am always looking for the next cool build to run, and it provides me with a creative outlet for those times I feel like sharing one of my own builds.

Are there any groups that you haven't joined yet? If so, what're you waiting for?! 

I’ve joined 9 different groups… there have to be some others that I’m missing, but I just don’t know what they are xD

If you were put in charge for a day, what would you change?

I would impeach myself… worst administrator/host ever! xD

I don’t think I’m overreacting when I say that ning seems to take a personal pleasure in tormenting me. I have been pimp-slapped by that platform for three years. If I could somehow find a machine that turned inanimate objects into human beings, I would use it on ning, push it to the ground, and then steal its milk money… and ning would still come out ahead.

What's your fondest memory of the Vault? 

There have been too many funny/cool discussions, threads, and comments to count, otherwise all of those would be my fondest memory. But for the sake of choosing a single thing, I would say my fondest memory would be the Character Building Event: Resurrection… there was participation on a massive scale, some fantastic builds came out of it, and it was my first event and collaboration.

Would you say that your an active member here? Why or why not? 

I hop onto the site daily, though I don’t always contribute or comment. Time constraints have made it so I’m not nearly as active as I have been, but I’d still say I’m active.

Do you participate in any of the competitions that we have? Have you ever won any of them?

I have competed in three CB competitions and have won exactly none of them… thank you for dredging up my past failures ;D

Would you rather be "just a member" or would you rather make a name for yourself here?

I like to contribute, though I don’t know if I necessarily care about making a name for myself. I suppose if I can get people to hear the name ‘ShinJin’ without thinking, “That guy’s a freaking jerk,” then I’ll be pretty happy… that’s all I want from my real life as well.

How did you find out about the Vault?

I was getting bored with Skyrim, googled Skyrim builds, found Ponty’s Skystrider, and said, “I gotta check this place out!”

Have you ever posted something here that you're proud of?

I really enjoyed being able to write Elysium’s Hidden Builder Spotlight.

• 177 posts
    June 9, 2016 2:57 PM EDT

About You Off-Site

1. I always wanted to be a UFC fighter! And with all the fights I got in a few years ago, I'd say that I kinda was!  
    2. I looove My Little Pony (Obviously!) but I also like GoT, The Walking Dead, and some books that I can't remember the names of!
    3. Losing my house, losing my friends, becoming an addict again, I'm scared of lots of things!
    4. My most embarrassing story, that's a hard one! Well, probably waking up after a party, in which my friends and I got very very high and very very drunk. Where I woke up though, was in an Arby's parking lot, with my pants covered in my own piss, and a small crowd around me. Apparently, I wanted to go to Arby's while drunk, but I passed out in the parking lot and pissed myself and passed out. And my friends just went inside to get their own food :/, Great friends
    5. Reading!
    6. Pizza! Or fish!
    7. Martin Luther King for fighting for equality, Lauren Faust for being so damn creative, And if fictional characters count, Pinkie Pie for trying to cheer everyone up!
    8. My happiness!
    9. I'm super irresponsible!
    10. My computer

About You On-Site

1. Probably The Lounge! I enjoy hearing the stories of the people of the Vault!
    2. I have no idea!
    3. Pink! Make everything pink! And make a rule that I am in charge for life and rule with an iron hoof
    4. Make the interface a bit friendlier to new users!
    5. Talking about my past and (hopefully) encouraging people in a thread! 
    6. Kinda, as I sometimes go off for long periods of time sometimes.
    7. I have not yet, but I sorta want too!
    8. I'm not sure yet...
    9. Looking for a Fallout community online!
    10. Not yet...unfortunately...
    • 557 posts
    June 9, 2016 3:17 PM EDT

It was horrifying...

• 490 posts
    June 9, 2016 3:46 PM EDT

About You Off-Site:

1. When you were little, what was your dream career? I wanted to be a cop.
    2. Do you have any favorite books/movies/television shows? If so, what are they? The Office, HIMYM, LOST, Game of Thrones
    3. What are you afraid of? Dumbass drivers
    4. What's your most embarrassing memory? (keep it clean people Senior week of high school, I got wasted and rode a bike naked off of a boat dock as a police boat was going by
    5. What was your favorite subject in school? Music
    6. What is your favorite food? Any form of steak
    7. Do you have any heroes? If you do, who are they and why? Miles Davis, Freddie Hubbard, Clark Terry, Wynton Marsalis, Louis Armstrong, Clifford Brown, John Swana, too many to list...
    8. What would you say is your best quality? Patience
    9. What would you say is your worst? Being too patient
    10. Do you have a "prized possession"? If so, what is it? Not really

About You On-Site:

1. Which part of the Vault do you hang around in most of the time? Why? Character Building
    2. Are there any groups that you haven't joined yet? If so, what're you waiting for?! The Gateway I think? I don't see the point in my interests.
    3. If you were put in charge for a day, what would you change? Stop people from deleting content because they think it isn't up to some standard...
    4. Do you think there is anything that could be done to make the Vault a better place? If so, what is it? More consistency in terms of things being featured on a more regular basis
    5. What's your fondest memory of the Vault? Posting my first few builds and people wanting to play them
    6. Would you say that your an active member here? Why or why not? You're* ... And not anymore. I think with upcoming announcements my activity will increase
    7. Do you participate in any of the competitions that we have? Have you ever won any of them? I did one with Kyrielle and Jo'Daro and we got third place
    8. Would you rather be "just a member" or would you rather make a name for yourself here? I don't understand the question...
    9. How did you find out about the Vault? Back in early 2012 I was looking for builds
    10. Have you ever posted something here that you're proud of? I am proud of most, but not all, of my builds. I think I was most proud of my cross-group posting of my character concept The Ceya-Tar. I tried posting something relevant to the character in all relevant site groups. I should do that again for another character...