Forums » Elder Scrolls

The Elder Scrolls 6: Orsinium?

• 45 posts
    June 2, 2016 7:56 PM EDT
    Well met hunters, Capricorn here! Now before you say anything, just hear me out. I'm not saying that tes6(The Elder Scrolls 6) is gonna be Orsinium, but let's just talk about it for second. I know there are those of you hoping for tes6:Argonia,*looks at teineeva, tae-rai and sotek*, but let's just say for a second it will be in Orsinium. "But Capricorn, Orsinium isn't even a province, it can't have it's own game." Well that's where you're right, however, who's to say it couldn't become a province. If the lands connecting High Rock, Hammerfell, and Skyrim were to be somehow aquired by the orsimer government, Orsinium would definitely be a good sized province, while not sacrificing too much space of the three that it took from. Secondly, with a game centered around the orcs, we could explore several mysteries. How exactly did Boethiah transform Trinimac into Malacath. There are a lot of rumors that say the orcs are descendants of the dwemer, maybe we could touch on that, or see a resurgence of that race and make it playable, there are many dwemer ruins in the aforementioned Neo Orsinium. As far as story goes, we can make boethiah the main villian, incorporate the tournament of ten bloods somehow, maybe even see Malacath reaquire his former divinity and become Trinimac again, who knows. This is all speculation, and would be what I personally would want out of tes6. If you do too, or if you want something different, leave a comment below and explain what you want out of the next elder scrolls installment and why. Until next time, I'm Capricorn, and may your blades always be sharp!
    • 179 posts
    June 2, 2016 8:33 PM EDT

Orcs are one of my favorite TES races, so I'd love to see TES VI feature Orisinium, but I think it'd work better as one of the larger DLCs instead of trying to stretch it out enough to cover the vanilla game.

• 45 posts
    June 2, 2016 8:39 PM EDT
    I thought of that too, like a illiac bay tes6 featuring hammerfell, high rock, and orsinium.
  • Tom
    • 624 posts
    June 3, 2016 12:03 AM EDT

You misspelled The Elder Scrolls: Hammerfall.

• 367 posts
    June 3, 2016 1:31 AM EDT

Lets say for a second it's NOT going to be anywhere but Argonia.

There we go, sorted.

• 184 posts
    June 5, 2016 2:56 PM EDT

I'm still holding out on the hope that there will be an Elder Scrolls VI: Valenwood... but it doesn't look likely. 

• 45 posts
    June 5, 2016 3:00 PM EDT
    I could dig that. I always wanted to hang out with the wood orcs of valenwood XD
    • 184 posts
    June 5, 2016 3:02 PM EDT

You can have your wood orcs; I'll be hanging out with the Bosmer. 

• 184 posts
    June 5, 2016 3:03 PM EDT

But most of all, the centaurs and satyrs! 

• 45 posts
    June 5, 2016 3:05 PM EDT
    If the altmer don't kill em all before we get there...
    • 59 posts
    June 5, 2016 3:06 PM EDT

I think it could work, but more like a dlc, like albino said, if we get hammerfell. Which is what I personally want to have.

• 273 posts
    June 5, 2016 3:06 PM EDT

As much as the idea appeals to me, I think that those that complain about Skyrim being too "bleak" would hate the idea because to my knowledge, Orsinium is like Skyrim but without the plains... 

I think it'd be an interesting place to set it (Then again, I think anywhere that hasn't been covered yet would be interesting), I don't care where it is, JUST GIVE US TES VI!

• 184 posts
    June 5, 2016 3:15 PM EDT

• 54 posts
    June 5, 2016 3:28 PM EDT
    Valenwood... Now that's something I deeply want to see
    • 177 posts
    June 5, 2016 3:30 PM EDT

I would personally like to see a more exotic place, like Elsweyr, or Argonia! Maybe even Alinor! 

• 40 posts
    June 5, 2016 3:37 PM EDT

Valenwood or bust!
    Also this image is fake, xD no one panic. Haha I wish it were true, too!

• 45 posts
    June 5, 2016 3:42 PM EDT
    This is the only thing I'd accept for tes6 other than some form of orsinium XD
    • 122 posts
    June 5, 2016 4:00 PM EDT

I'd personally like to see the Summerset Isles. In Skyrim we got to see a frozen province trying to liberate itself from the Empire. It'd be nice to swing back in reverse and experience a former province potentially being reconquered. We also experienced massive anti-Mer and anti-magic sentiment in Skyrim. It'd be interesting to see that reversed a bit, where playing a non-magical character would be grounds for being mistrusted or underestimated.

My problem with Orsinium is that it could end up with a setting and story too similar to Skyrim. Orcs are basically to the Mer what Nords are to man: The tanky, warrior-y blacksmith-y ones. I'm not saying that Orcs are a bad race, but I think they may need to wait for the game lore to evolve a little before Orsinium would be a big enough setting for a full Elder Scrolls game.

...Unless Bethesda follows its trend of cutting down on the size of the map, in which case a tiny non-province may look pretty promising.