Forums » General Gaming

Let's Talk: Games

• 342 posts
    April 11, 2012 7:08 AM EDT

I recently decided to try a series of discussions based on games and what people think of them

Here is a list of the Games so far:

Red Dead Redemption 
    Batman: Arkham Asylum
    Infamous
    Batman: Arkham City
    Infamous 2
    L.A Noire
    Dragon's Dogma (Review)
    Final Fantasy 13-2 (Review)
    Darksiders
    Darksiders 2: Death wears Prada (Review)
    Guildwars 2 (Review)
    Assassin's Creed
    Far Cry 3
    Batman: Arkham Knight

Unfortunately some of the games I have available to me are for console only and I can only apologise for that as it is my main gaming source I'll be trying to select ones that are Multi-systemed but it may not always be the case. I'll try and post a new one every other week.

You guys can have a say in this to, if you have a game you would like talked about make a comment below and I'll see what I can do.

If you guys have any other suggests I would like to hear those too.

Next Week on Let's Talk:

Coming soon:

Assassin's Creed 2
    Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
    Assassin's Creed Revelations
    Assassin's Creed 3
    Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
    Uncharted: Honor Among Thieves
    Uncharted: Drake's Deception
    Beyond: Two Souls
    The Last of Us.

• 426 posts
    April 11, 2012 7:42 AM EDT

Dont take this the wrong way because I know they are very popular. Whats the deal with all the zombie stuff. Every game seems to have the obligatory Zombie option now and I was over that after the first resident evil failed to impress. Im a gamer through and through but this fasination people have with zombies has actually stopped me playing certain games all together.

• 342 posts
    April 11, 2012 7:49 AM EDT

hahah I'm right there with you zombies/horror  squick me out to no end. I think its cause they are the LCD in adrenaline inducing "enemies" opponents, whatever. you think of all those FPS and its not big deal you go through the levels and the mob guys are standard issue cut outs hiding behind cover and wearing what you wear its no problem. toss in the zombies and its a whole new ball game they don't attack like the humans they look like anymore and its the thrill of a new hunt. plus I think people get a kick out of mowing them down more then when their opponents look more like themselves, that its okay to enjoy killing these zombies with relish.

though I've seen people react the same way when the opponents are human which really worries me.

• 426 posts
    April 11, 2012 7:54 AM EDT

Yeah I get that and Im not against all zombie games there have been some belting titles but do they all have to have that feature? I think red dead was the final straw for me. Such a brilliant game and even though they are seperate stories it just felt like a bit of a sell out to use them.

• 708 posts
    April 11, 2012 8:00 AM EDT

Well they had to have something to do after squeezing every last ounce from WW2...

• 426 posts
    April 11, 2012 8:02 AM EDT

Very true ponts

• 377 posts
    April 11, 2012 8:07 AM EDT

I don't get it either Guy. I loved Fallout's ghouls, but that's it. All the generic zombies are so stale that it has become completely unappetizing. And that's movies and games combined.

• 426 posts
    April 11, 2012 8:10 AM EDT

I was really interested in getting the Island is it?? But with the deluge of zombie stuff it just passed by the way side. I think thats been one of the more innovative zombie titles recently. I stopped playing cod after MW2 it just ruined it for me and all the 11 yr olds shrieking on there lol

• 377 posts
    April 11, 2012 8:11 AM EDT

I really wished Rockstar would have released a PC version of RDR by now. I only play PC, which means I haven't played RDR, but I have heard amazing things about it.

• 426 posts
    April 11, 2012 8:17 AM EDT

One of the best games Ive played over the last few years. Very satisfying

• 342 posts
    April 11, 2012 8:19 AM EDT

Just a heads up Guys my next game will most likely be Batman: Arkham Asylum, unless you have any other suggestions?

• 377 posts
    April 11, 2012 8:21 AM EDT

I can't say anything on Dead Island cuz I haven't played it. But the generic zombie is all the same to me. It's like they copy and paste them from movie to movie, or video game to video game. If you've seen them once, you've seen them all. To me they are like a saltine cracker, bland and dry. Boring and annoying.

Thinking of ghouls, I want to go back and play Fallout 3. What a great game!!! The music selection I added with mods is just phenomenal. That game made me love oldies, my favorite oldie group being the Ink Spots. So many good hits. But that game really made my jaw drop when I hit the Mall section of DC. It blew me away.

Ya, I definitely have to go play FO3.

• 426 posts
    April 11, 2012 8:22 AM EDT

Top choice, i still go on arkham city I think they are brilliant games.

• 342 posts
    April 11, 2012 8:26 AM EDT

I love Batman so any game where he is involved is a instant winner with me but I wanted to try one where it crossed all the systems first just to get more people in on the conversation instead of half the comments...this is console only as the replies.

I'll be doing Arkham City down the line (how could I pass that one up ^_^) Just thought I should do them in order.

• 377 posts
    April 11, 2012 8:28 AM EDT

I'm not a big Batman fan (even thought Arkham Asylum was fun) so I'd have to say the Fallout series. It'd be cool if we could get the lore and a timeline drawn out... I wonder if Vix likes the Fallout series...

• 426 posts
    April 11, 2012 8:28 AM EDT

Yeah sounds like a plan. I will hold any further comments for that discussion

• 342 posts
    April 11, 2012 8:30 AM EDT

Sorry Ianep25, I've only played fallout 3 and it fell too close to the zombie thing for me to really play it well and get anywhere

• 426 posts
    April 11, 2012 8:32 AM EDT

Ive played all the recent fallout titles. I missed the first couple that came out in different genres back in the day but Im def a fan of the franchise.

• 377 posts
    April 11, 2012 8:34 AM EDT

I definitely recommend a replay! Play it all the way through and then see what you think. Maybe it's just me but I loved that game! I can't wait for a FO4!

• 426 posts
    April 11, 2012 8:40 AM EDT

I just hope its in a cool place. Ive read that it might be in the uk this time which would be cool and a completely different look.

• 98 posts
    April 11, 2012 8:44 AM EDT

I think the Infamous games need some mentioning.

• 82 posts
    April 11, 2012 9:13 AM EDT

Mass effect series

• April 11, 2012 10:04 AM EDT

Vix thinks FO3 is ok and likes FO:NV alot it seems.

• 426 posts
    April 11, 2012 11:00 AM EDT

I dunno it might have had more on offer but the map was no where near as good as Fallout 3. It made you feel like an apocolyptic survivor much more than new vegas. Vegas was a little bit of alot of different and it didn't work for me. Dont get me wrong I loved playing both games and downloaded all the dlc for both but overall experience I would go for Fallout 3

• 133 posts
    April 11, 2012 12:03 PM EDT
    It's not about the zombies Guy, it's about people and their reaction to doomsday. You'll notice every movie, series, game, comics which contain zombies will explore the relations between human characters. Degradation of solidarity and altruism with a trend to increase selfish behaviour. Also the gender has an infinite potencial for good jokes, as seen in zoombieland and shaun of the dead - or pride and prejudice and zombies - what is more funny than mixing jane austen and zombies? I'll never ever get tired of killing zombies!