Forums » Fallout

Fallout Characters Analysis

• 43 posts
    May 15, 2016 9:27 PM EDT

In Fallout 1, the Vault Dweller was a wasteland-wandering hero with a serious super mutant death wish.

In Fallout 2, the Chosen One was a tribal savior who saved Vault 13's inhabitants along with Arroyo's.

In Fallout 3, the Lone Wanderer was a Vault 101 reject with a need to finish his father's work.

In Fallout 4, the Sole Survivor was an ex-military vet who got frozen for 200 years and then spat out of Vault 111 like a wad of gum, who then hunted his infant son across the post-nuclear Boston at all costs.

But in Fallout: New Vegas, the Courier is a vengeful messenger who gets shot in the head twice and recovers, and then hunts the man who did it across the Mojave until he plants a bullet firmly in his skull. After that, he kills Mr. House, benefactor of New Vegas, and then pushes both the NCR and Caesar's Legion out of the Mojave at the Second Battle for Hoover Dam, making New Vegas an independent power in the post-War American Southwest.

Now, don't you see a difference?

• 268 posts
    May 17, 2016 2:33 AM EDT

What's the point of this?

• 43 posts
    May 22, 2016 7:38 AM EDT

There is no "point", I just needed something to look do in my spare time and this seemed like something I could look into.

• 1483 posts
    May 22, 2016 7:40 AM EDT

Uhm, I see difference between all of those. 

• 1441 posts
    May 22, 2016 3:05 PM EDT
    I think its because all but one are related to a Vault in some way
  • Mr.
    • 763 posts
    May 22, 2016 3:10 PM EDT

My Courier didn't kill the best hope of humanity. Who would do such a profanity with one of the greatest minds in the Fallout world?

• 1441 posts
    May 22, 2016 3:24 PM EDT
    Ummmmm....
    • 404 posts
    May 22, 2016 3:26 PM EDT

the only difference is that the Courier wasn't a Vault Dweller.

• 5 posts
    December 1, 2016 8:25 PM EST

I see the difference. All the others you are a valt dweller that has a sole purpose and something meaningful. But as the courier you are just some random dude with the miafourton of the platinum chip making you go out on revenge and eventually making or breaking the Mojave