Forums » The Lounge

Pacifism - Your Thoughts

• April 9, 2012 5:01 PM EDT

Well, this particular post was sprung up by the shall we call it The Skyrim Blog Cicero Edit Incident of 2012  When Vix stated that he couldn't jump in the fray of heated discussion because of a assignment he had been given. Pacifist Week...

Well, first I'll state my thoughts.

Most of you know as I have mentioned it many times that I am a practitioner of Kung-fu. 7-Star Praying Mantis Kung-fu to be exact. Or Gung-fu... Anyway XD

You can probably tell just from that I'm pretty big on the whole self defense "thing"...

I'd say I would never want to be a pacifist. Yes, killing is bad but if anger and anything like it which is a natural emotion is omitted it's just ridiculous. It's like in Scientology, you're not supposed to cry. EVER.

Compressing emotions is NEVER the right choice. I don't care, you gotta get'em out. Excercise is a great way to get rid of stress and the like but anyway off topic. But even then Vix said you aren't supposed to have internal anger. What?! I thought internal conflict, anger, bad relationships etc. are what can make you a better person? Shape your personality and such. If those are gone alot of people are never going to change for the better in the long run.

If you are a Pacifist you are in my point of view going to be very uncompetative, a pushover, quiet (Not a bad thing), etc. You need to stand up for yourself and it seems that pacifism just doesn't let that happen. Now, no offense to anyone who IS a pacifist. These are just my views, everyone is entitled to their own opinion and if you think it's the right thing to do then do it. These are just my views on pacifism.

Anyway I remember in 4th grade (My last grade before being homeschooled) there was a kid who was autistic and there was a kid who was a bit... messed up. His parents where dead, he lived with his grandpa. Yeah, one of those kids. He was just wierd because of what happened to him. I felt pretty bad when I found out. Anyway, he and this autistic kid got in a little fight over something and in the end the autistic kid hit the other kid on the arm... Anyway one of the moms who did alot of stuff (One of those moms that was always at the field trips) came to have a talk about fighting and stuff. The main thing that stuck out is that it almost seemed as if she was making herself completely factual/almost intimidating us maybe that she had just been talking to a policeman about it. She must have said "Ticket, Fine, Jail" in that order after something at least 8 times... Anyway, it seemed like a very pointless "this is common sense" kinda discussion and it was very boring. But after awhile I raised my hand and asked "Well what about self defense" she said she'd "Get there in a minute" but in the end never said a thing about it. This confirmed that this was a complete waste of time and not even a complete bunch of statements. How can you talk about assaults, fights, etc. if you don't even mention self defense I mean wtf?! It was ridiculous. Anyway that's my little story.

So anyway I think I've said everything I wanted to say... Good chance I missed something in trying to describe the story in detail but ah well, I'm sure all you extremely smart and thoughtful individuals will state pretty much everything to be stated!

Oh, and yeah, I think it's good to try to learn not to be ignorant, easily angered etc. but the main idea of no violence at all is BS in my opinion. That part is ok though. So only the main body of Pacifism is not ok with me I guess... In clarification I think that none of the emotions should be completely shunned. Anger is natural and I think it's perfectly ok to get angry sometimes. Hell, it could help you at some point.

So lets hear it! What're your thoughts on Pacifism?

• 966 posts
    April 9, 2012 5:08 PM EDT

Like i said earlier, i dont think i could be a pacifist for just a few hours, i'd go nuts ;)

As for emotions (Poker face)

• April 9, 2012 5:14 PM EDT

Wow, whats up with this box around comments now... wierd...

Yeah, I was about to say I could as long as I locked myself up in my room and played Skyrim until I realized that that's totally violent XD

Guess I'd just sit on my bed and try to practice my meditation... DON'T YOU CALL ME A HIPPY!  Seriously though. Meditation is cool. It's not like the stereotypical meditation really at all. Yes you can 'find yourself' and stuff but hey, that's a good thing.  Besides, with meditation you can sit in horse stance for hours! Oh yeah!... and OW OMG  Sifu Fogg (Grandmaster basically) sat in horse stance for 7 hours supposedly

I would actually collapse even if I could have gone on longer before I hit an hour. Your legs would just give in.

Since none of you probably really get what horse stance is (Mason might) I'll just say this.

It's the hardest thing I've ever done and do. Period.

• 966 posts
    April 9, 2012 5:21 PM EDT

You clearly have never tried not to hit cod fanboys, or trying not to call you a hippy

Skyrim is not violent, its just a bunch of pixels

As for meditation, never,i tried it once, never, ever again, i,ll rather jump of buildings, wait... i,ve done that too ;)