Forums » The Lounge

Getting To Know You - Vol. 1 - The Basics

• 694 posts
    May 12, 2016 7:35 PM EDT

• 367 posts
    May 12, 2016 7:50 PM EDT

Hahaha I remember Fliper AND Skippy. Any one remember lassie as well?

• 411 posts
    May 12, 2016 8:00 PM EDT
    I remember Stimpy.
    • 295 posts
    May 12, 2016 8:19 PM EDT

About You Off-Site:

1. What's your name? Lissette, HA! Just kidding, no seriously. 
    2. Where are you from? Chicago, IL, but was raised on the West Coast so I says soda pop
    3. Where do you currently live? Miami, FL
    4. Do you work? If so, where? I teach at a college.
    5. How old are you? It's not polite to ask a lady her age *cough* Lissette is gonna turn forty *cough*
    6. What do you look like? (bonus points for uploading a picture) I'm in the selfie thread somewhere, holding a pillow.
    7. How tall are you? 5'6"
    8. What five words would you use to describe yourself? obsessive, dedicated, crazy, detailed, funny
    9. Aside from gaming, what are your hobbies? Singing (well, it's work too. Opera), writing, reading
    10. Do you have any pets? If so, how many and what are they? Right now I have one clownfish and one neon dottyback. Used to have a Pomeranian and several cats, but my current place doesn't allow furry pets.

About You On-Site:

1. What significance does your username have? It's uh... my name.
    2. What brought you here? Lurked, for CB, but then my Albee needed a home.
    3. How long have you been a member? 2 years, but really only active for about a year
    4. How long did you "lurk" before you joined, and what eventually made you join? I was a lurker for about a year before that. Just felt like joining, but didn't post anything substantial until last year.
    5. Why do you keep coming back? The community, the support I receive for Straag Rod, the content, the discussions, the friends. 
    6. What's your favorite thing about the Vault? Gotta be the blogs, though Lore discussions are fun too. Everything is an apotheosis and everything has sex with everything. 
    7. Least favorite? I like it, but I am having problems with chat, lol. Makes the site go all weird for me.
    8. Do you prefer to hang around in only one group, or do you branch out to multiple? I lurk mostly in TT, but I poke my head in other places. I mostly drive Lore, CB, and the Workshop crazy. 
    9. Have you ever posted original content? Is the sky blue? I have posted more words than Sotek, and he's posted a lot of words.  We just compared our word count today. I wins. 
    10. Have you made any friends on the Vault? Too many to list, but most people know me as the sidekick to the Loyal Hound of Hircine. But I am also a friend of Lorcs, Justiciars, Hippies, Ordinators, spotted fawns, Argonians, and boney squirrels, among others. Tailed and tailess.  I am an avid distributor of sujamma and deliverer of Orc smacks. 
    • 203 posts
    May 12, 2016 8:34 PM EDT

Everything is an apotheosis and everything has sex with everything. 

That's the magic of the Vault, it's actually just one big orgy of magnificent content.

While you can remain in one group, if you want to improve your content, you'll have to branch out to the ressources of the other groups (sure you could do it all by yourself but where's the fun in that?). Let your brain cells mingle in the crowd.

CB profits from RP, T&T, Lore... Whereas the Story Corner (no abréviation, I'm a local) profits from Lore, RP, even CB (long live the cursed tribe). RP profits from Lore, Story corner, CB, Etc.

Let alone the benefits of groups like the Workshop, Art and the Modders enclave.

And you know what the best is about all that: everyone will be ready to help you. It's one if the great things of this site, in my opinion.

• 404 posts
    May 12, 2016 8:37 PM EDT

what is it boy, did Timmy fall down the Wall?

• 87 posts
    May 12, 2016 8:39 PM EDT

<sigh> Might as well conform...

About You Off-Site:

1. What's your name? Ben Weber
    2. Where are you from? Danbury, Iowa
    3. Where do you currently live? Danbury, but it may soon change, depending on if I can find a job soon.
    4. Do you work? If so, where? Technically I work as my hometown's only gas station as a cashier and cook.
    5. How old are you? 20, soon to be 21 in the summer
    6. What do you look like? (bonus points for uploading a picture) 
    7. How tall are you? 5'8" or 5'7"; I don't measure too often so...
    8. What five words would you use to describe yourself? Calm, charismatic, helpful, pleasing, blank
    9. Aside from gaming, what are your hobbies? Writing and coding.
    10. Do you have any pets? If so, how many and what are they?  About 12 cats at the farm.

About You On-Site:

1. What significance does your username have? My name with only W instead of Weber; nothing huge
    2. What brought you here? There was a build here that has since been deleted
    3. How long have you been a member? Don't remember, only know that I've been here longer than Tae
    4. How long did you "lurk" before you joined, and what eventually made you join? No idea, say a fortnight 
    5. Why do you keep coming back? The writing and friends.   
    6. What's your favorite thing about the Vault?  The blogs now, mainly. And the profiles in RP
    7. Least favorite? </break>
    8. Do you prefer to hang around in only one group, or do you branch out to multiple? Depends
    9. Have you ever posted original content? Other than on this site? Nah
    10. Have you made any friends on the Vault?  Now mainly a small circle, but Sotek, Lis, Tae, Lazy, Okan, and mainly the rest from TT. Easy to speak with people who think alike. 
    • 457 posts
    May 12, 2016 8:54 PM EDT
    What's that? Farmer Johansson was on his way to market in order to get Mrs. Johansson a new apron, and to pick up a prescription for his mother in law who has been suffering from rheumatoid arthritis ever since she came down with that fever in the summer of '05 that laid half the village low for a good couple of months, and as he reached the bottom of the O'Reilly pasture, he stopped to tie his shoe when a tractor tipped over and fell on him? Is THAT what you're trying to say, girl? xD
    • 367 posts
    May 13, 2016 1:03 AM EDT

How am I supposed to answer this Phil?  

My tails flapping about in embarrassment. Your words do me a great honor Phil. I will try to Host by them.

• 367 posts
    May 13, 2016 2:10 AM EDT
    • Have you ever posted original content? Is the sky blue? I have posted more words than Sotek, and he's posted a lot of words.  We just compared our word count today. I wins. 

Yes but you have a wolf on your tail. I'm gaining ground and catching you up. Run little rabbit, RUN!!!!! 

• 1595 posts
    May 14, 2016 2:53 AM EDT

Hello there Little Lis 

Everything is an apotheosis and everything has sex with everything. 

Can I get that on a t-shirt? 

• 1595 posts
    May 14, 2016 3:00 AM EDT

"I think of everyone I meet as friends… till they tell me I’m not xD"

What a fantastic attitude! 

• 1595 posts
    May 14, 2016 3:04 AM EDT

I would not have thought you are as young as you are. You act like a gentleman, the words you use are very mature, your poetry deals with heavy themes and you are all around a decent human being. 

• 393 posts
    May 14, 2016 3:13 AM EDT

*makes herself a place in the line for a t-shirt*

• 627 posts
    May 14, 2016 5:27 AM EDT

Woops missed this.

Greetings Phil  Cakes actually, although I did attempt to imitate Sweet Rolls once. They were nice but they didn't look much like the in game ones.

• 122 posts
    May 14, 2016 10:28 PM EDT
    You Off-Site:

1. Howdy! I'm Josh.
    2. Nashville, TN
    3. Thompsons Station, TN
    4. I work in a Bakery.
    5. 30
    6. I look exactly like the majority of this site, likely. Overweight white guy with a beard.
    7. 5'11"
    8. Friendly, clever-ish, dirty-minded Southerner.
    9. I play the guitar, write, play with coding, and enjoy soccer.
    10. I have two dogs named Scout and Cletus.

About You On-Site:

1. It was made up in 2004 when I played City of Heroes. It stuck.
    2. Builds.
    3. Since April 10, 2016 I believe?
    4. Couple of weeks? I joined because I wanted to post something. I promptly forgot what it was I wanted to post while registering. My quest is to one day remember it.
    5 Builds.
    6. Builds.
    7. Builds.
    8. Multiple. I Join where I feel compelled to post.
    9. Working on it, man,
    10. I'm still working up the courage and energy to try to get acquainted with people. Hope to, though.
    • 273 posts
    May 15, 2016 6:18 AM EDT

Off-Site

1. Isaac Jones

2. England

3. Oswestry

4. Does school count? 

5. 15, coming 16 in September

7. About 5'10 or so

8. (Does it have to be a sentence? If not then,) Lazy, dorky, stubborn, intelligent, smartarse

9. Reading, writing and dat animu

10. I share two male Gerbils with my brother, I used to have two of my own except they were female, until one died and got eaten by the other and that one died shortly after 

On-site

1. I looked up synonyms for death or deadly 

2. Skyrim Character Builds

3. A year and a couple months now, I think

4. I didn't, I did visit the page a couple times to look at certain builds, but I joined very shortly after finding the site.

5. Because I love you guys  and also because this site inspires me to play Skyrim from a different perspective other than "GET DAEDRIC ARMOR AND KILL EVERYTHING"

6. The friendly community (Although it's intimidating at first, or at least for me it was )

7. Ning crashing 

8. Multiple, though with a main focus on TES

9. Original content? Does that include Character Builds? Then, yes, I have.

10. I like to think I have, Relycs, Mirric, Chris Diokno and Gollum are a few people I think I've genuinely befriended some way.

• 96 posts
    May 15, 2016 7:17 AM EDT
    Character builds... reminds me of something.. Oh yes, still waiting for the revamps! :P
    • 273 posts
    May 15, 2016 7:19 AM EDT

Hold yer horses, these things take time! 

• 1595 posts
    May 18, 2016 12:26 PM EDT

Alastor you transient sorcerer, how the devil? What is the name of your familiar? You witch! 

• May 18, 2016 11:38 PM EDT

ABOUT OFF-SITE

I m from INDIA.

Chandigah.

I m still pursuing my Bachelor degree in Commerce.

21 yrs old.

umm i guess a normal person.

178cm.

A learner and helping person.

Reading Novels, cooking(sometimes), Football, Swimming.

nope no pets.

ABOUT ON-SITE

My username is Inquisitor from Dragon age series, Witcher from witcher series and last Dovahkiin from Elder scroll series.

I was searching through builds and just came to this very nice character build site.

Just a couple of hrs.

just 4 days i was "lurking" but than i joined.

well i think u should improve ur efforts to make me leave lol.

Skyrim Character Buildings and lots of members...

Hard to say.

anything in multiple groups as well as single...

yep.

nope as i m new but i will try to make new friends....

• 203 posts
    May 19, 2016 1:27 PM EDT

That should be the official Vault slogan.

Also get me one of those T-shirts if you can.

• 1 posts
    May 19, 2016 3:58 PM EDT

1-My name is Thomas.

2-I'm from the Netherlands.

3-I currently live in France, Dordogne.

4-Nope (As in not at all, not even in school ;p)

5-I'm 16 years old.

6-Imagine a weird dude with blond hair going every where ...well there you have me

7- I have no idea.

8- Curious , lazy (I don't know why but I see this as a good point of myself), funny , stupid , weird

9-Watching movies / youtube vids / reading manga's and some stuff from Teineeva /i'm also part of a theater group.

10-We've got two large dogs, two donkeys, three (+- 6) goats, two cats, one fat cat, three bunnies, three guinea pigs, a whole lot of fish and ... I think I've got everything. Regardless, I love animals.

-Teineeva

ahh!! I love being lazy. Thank you big Brother.

1- Well my username was made in two parts.

First I made up Thoraka , because I needed a name that sounded like it was a barbarian and at the time I thought that “raka” sounded babarish and I needed to make it mine so I put “Tho” from Thomas before it...

Then later my big brother a.k.a “Teineeva” and I played on an mmo and he found out that he loved writing and at the beginning he wanted to make a book with a lot of our friends from the mmo in it

and well if you want a badass character he also needs to have a badass name so he came up with akilaru and that sticked and now it is my username for almost every game / site etc...

2-My brother kinda forced me to read his text and finally I started to look at other subjects than his and well I liked it so why not make my self an account.

3-Well I had my account for almost a year but since it is literaly the first time i'm going to do anything on the site let's say that I have been here for a week or two.

4-Almost a year.

5-My brother ( *cough* forcing me to read his text *cough*).

I can't really answer the following questions since I haven't seen enough of the site yet.

But I hope I well get to see the rest of it in a near futur.

• 558 posts
    May 19, 2016 5:03 PM EDT
    Off site

1: Juan "Berry McCociner" Goblikon
    2: Goblin Island
    3: The American Midwest
    4: No
    5: Skip
    6: A lot like my brother, John. I have green skin and a great smile.
    7: Triggered
    8: Happy, Optimistic, Compassionate, Loving, Suicidal
    9: Hiking, Biking, Running, Board Games, and smoking dank kush.
    10: I had a cat but it didn't last long in the microwave.

On Site

1: Gollum is an awesome character.
    2: Character Builds
    3: Since 2013 I think
    4: For one year I think.
    5: The people.
    6: The people.
    7: Sarcastic forum responses.
    8: I basically just stick in the RPG group now.
    9: Did Bush do 9/11?
    10: I've made acquaintances.
    • 4 posts
    May 20, 2016 8:40 PM EDT
    1. Dorian
    2. The beautiful city of Amsterdam, the Netherlands!
    3. After moving around for a couple of years I'm back in Amsterdam.
    4. I'm an emergency operator for insurance companies and travel agencies. (A veritable jack-of-all-trades, I am)
    5. I'm turning 27 in two weeks.
    6. 6'3''
    7. As gay as it gets. ;)
    8. Aside from gaming, I like drinking, playing Magic: the Gathering, talking about philosophy and reading.
    9. Not at the moment. I'm a big cat lover, though. My beautiful Princess Peach was with me for sixteen years. 

About You On-Site:

1. In James Clavell's novel Shogun, there is a madam calling herself Gyokosan, said to mean Lady Luck. I liked both the name and the Lady Luck aspect so I slapped the -hime suffix onto it. Princess Gyoko has a nice ring to it.
    2. I was rifling through some character profiles I'd made for Oblivion way back when and thought I should do the same with Skyrim. For inspiration I turned to the internet and ended up here.
    3. Since October 2015.
    4. A week or three. I joined because I was really impressed with what y'all come up with. 
    5. Because I like trying my hand on new builds. 
    6. The quality of the builds and the creativity of the builds.
    7. The quality of the builds and the creativity of the builds. (No, really. Actually putting a build out there is kinda frightening considering the level of some of the stuff on here.)
    8. I like to lurk in multiple groups because I'm a lore nut as well as a role play freak. So anything concerning lore, characters and in-universe creative writing is fair game for me.
    9. I've posted one character build so far, with more coming up once I've finished at least one of the five builds from the group I'm currently playing.
    10. Well, I have one friend in my list, so I guess I do XD